benefit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
benefit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)
BeneFit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium

3.6

on 11/21/2015 3:00:00 PM

You really need a light hand to use this pencil. I like the spooly on the end but it was just really difficult to use especially when you're in a hurry.

on 11/18/2015 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like the way this looks, but it will be lucky to last me a month. I've sharpened it each time I use it as it uses so much product as its so soft. It's a very expensive way to use an eyebrow product. Better to spend more money on something that will last longer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I actually really like this product, I naturally have full eyebrows, so I don't need to use a whole lot of product on them. The waxy texture is very easy to blend and it looks great on my eyebrows. I would recommend this for someone who doesn't need to do a bunch of filling in, and just is going to use it for a little definition.

This is an absolute disappointment and a big pain in the S.

4 Reasons why you should skip Benefit Instant Brow Pencil
1. A Real Big Hassle
2. Not value-for-money
3. Color is too light
4. Brows are not defined

Full review and photos at: http://bit.ly/1BELsWF

on 9/12/2013 3:56:00 AM

I bought this as a treat for myself. It cost $39 at the Myer Benefit counter (Australia), and I thought that by purchasing a high end product I'd get a better product.

I have it in medium. yes it is easy to apply and to use. I find that I put it on, then use the little last brush at the end to brush it out for a more natural look, and its very easy to overbrush and remove it all.

it does wear very quickly, doesn't last that long and frankly using an angled brush and a brown neutral eyeshadow produces a better a result.

I will use this until its all gone, but I won't repurchase simply because of the outrageous price (what was I thinking?)

on 8/13/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I have medium blonde brows that just need a bit of definition. I usually use a powder but while at Ulta I thought I'd splurge and give this one a shot. This is definitely a purchase I regret (should have checked here first!) not because it's an inherently bad product, but it is a terrible value. I can barely get two uses out of it without having to sharpen it, meaning I doubt this pencil would last more than a couple weeks of daily use. I actually stopped using it because I just couldn't stand to see something so expensive run out so quickly. The colour match of the lightest shade is pretty perfect but like other people have mentioned, the softness of the pencil not only means it runs out quickly but also that it doesn't really hold on to the skin- it tends to sit on the eyebrow hairs and then if you run through them with a comb/spoolie, you lose a ton of the product. I think there are definitely better and cheaper brow products out there.

on 4/12/2013 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have super fair and soft blond brows so even the ligtest brow products are often too dark for me. I have heard amazing things about the Brow Zing Palette, but the light option was obviously too dark for me... I tried this pencil in light and it seemed to be ok, so i bought it.
Next morning i tried to use it on the daylight and I was very surprised, it was super dark on me! I have to use it veeeery lightly and be extremely careful and even like this i cannot wear it during the day to work. It looks really unnatural and dark on me. What I like using it for is evenings out when i have overall heavier makeup.
What I like about it - it has a waxy texture so it holds the brows in shape, but if you are not careful with it the brows stick weirdly on to the skin.
What I dislike and was literally shocked about is that I have to sharpen it every 2-3 uses and the pencil is gonna be gone very soon. When daily used I think it would last maybe a month or so, which makes it really expensive.
It is a shame they dont have more options for the really light brows, i would probably be using it, but the color problem is a major one for me.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

OK,I had high hopes for this stuff,because I kinda like Benefit,but this pencil wasn't anything like I expected.The color I have it in is Medium,and it's a nice brown color.What I hate about this is the fact that the pencil is WAAAY too soft and when drawing them on,it just looks terrible,very crayon-y and fake!And it smudges like crazy...NOT something you want when it comes to your eyebrows!Not to mention that because it's so soft,you have to sharpen the darn thing every time you use it!And this is just too expensive to waste like that.My search for the perfect eyebrow pencil continues....

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

UPDATE: For anyone that likes to know, I have had this for about 2 weeks now, a bit more probably and have used nearly half of it as I have to sharpen everytime I use it. I have replaced with a Clinique one which I much prefer as it's harder so hopefully will last a bit longer.

I bought this in Medium when my MAC eyebrow crayon ran out. I like the fact it has the spooly brush thing on the end. The colour is good - more ashy than other (drugstore) brands I have tried. I own BrowZings as well, but needed a pencil for those days when I don't have enough time for that.

Well. I don't not like this pencil, but it's going to need replacing really, really quickly. It is so soft, I have had to sharpen it every time I have used it. I have to use so much to make it even, then use the brush to neaten. Then the brush lifts a lot of it off....so I end up using even more!

Really wish I'd shopped around a little more before buying this, but I just didn't have time.

I won't be repurchasing this, and unless I find something cheaper than the aforementioned MAC (Spiked BTW) then I guess I will be buying another of those soon.

This pencil is waxed-based so there's no need to apply wax, which I like. The color glides on smoothly and is natural-looking. The only complaint I have about this product is that since it's wax-based, it runs out really quickly. I have to sharpen it every time I use it or every other time. I don't want something to run out when it's so pricey.

Popular Brows Products