benefit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 19-24
benefit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)
BeneFit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium

3.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have Brow Zings in my makeup kit and knowing I like some Benefit's products and recently had the need to buy a new eyebrow pencil. I recently purchased this product through Myer's flagship store last week.

I use my Brow Zings when I have time to apply the product (takes me good 10-15 mins of perfecting my brows) and I like using eyebrow pencils when I'm in a rush. My usual go-to products for brows are:

Essence eyebrow pencils in dark brown shade
IT Cosmetics Brow Power in universal taupe.

Benefit's Instant Brow Pencil came in a dainty box that feels glamorous and the dual-sided pencil is in the box, being the end is the product and the other a spoolie. I like the feeling of the spoolie if you ask me, the brush is quite soft and the product, on the other hand, is buttery soft and very creamy.

When I swatched and tested this in the store, I loved the product's blendable and smooth application while remaining to be quite waxy to stay put throughout the day. I bought the product and gave it a test run for a week till I decided to write a review of it.

I like how easy it is to make your brows soft and natural with this product. The colour matches my hair and skin tone perfectly and the volume and fullness this product gives my brows. I have quite thick eyebrows and it fills the gaps in perfectly.

The gripes I have with this product were having to sharpen them constantly every single application, the pencil not sharpening as pretty as it should (though the product perfectly works on my sharpener) and my product is already sliding in and out of the pencil. It was quite a surprise to find my product already halfway out of the pencil. It is also pretty quick to finish the pencil and it makes me feel cheap regarding the product. I don't want to find myself constantly in their store buying this product at all.

Probably, I might end up buying another high-end product till I am satisfied with my eyebrow product or go back to my Essence brow products again.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This a a tinted wax that runs out very quickly, I thought it would be less waxy but it's good for making a shape and putting powder over it so it doesn't slide anywhere. But sharpening it losses alot of products so take the wax with a bush for a more precise shape without wasting it all

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I like this. It adds a nice color to my brows and the tip is very soft, making it easy to glide/use. My only concern is that I have to sharpen this pencil RATHER often. I don't use this everyday, but I feel like if I do, I'll be out of it in 1-2 months. This is pretty pricey if I were to compare it to drugstore eyebrow pencils. I didn't find anything else wrong with this, but I won't be repurchasing.

on 3/2/2014 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really an awful eyebrow pencil. I can't believe how much I paid for this.
It's soft, yet somehow waxy at the same time. The pencil disappears so quickly, but I'm not sure where all the product is going?? I have to resharpen after every use and it wastes so much product.
It is useless for definition because it's so soft, but I can't use it for filling in because it looks very heavy and crusty on my eyebrows.

I got this pencil in light, but I am now using Rimmel's soft kohl eyeliner in taupe for my eyebrows, which is a similar colour, but it is less orange than this one. Rimmel's pencil is also very soft, but it is not waxy at all and there is no pulling like this pencil. And it's only 6 bucks.

I've always been afraid of penciling my eyebrows due to how fake and ugly it looks on some women but this pencil gives a very natural look to your eyebrows. I have thin eyebrows that naturally don't have much shape to them but this pencil helps them look thicker and more shapely. I recommend using the comb first to shape your eyebrows, pencil in your eyebrows (conservatively) then taking the comb over them again to give them a lighter, wispy and more natural look. Worth the money (about $20). Hope this helps!

Popular Brows Products