BeneFit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

Filtered by age: 19-24
BeneFit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)
BeneFit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have Brow Zings in my makeup kit and knowing I like some Benefit's products and recently had the need to buy a new eyebrow pencil. I recently purchased this product through Myer's flagship store last week.

I use my Brow Zings when I have time to apply the product (takes me good 10-15 mins of perfecting my brows) and I like using eyebrow pencils when I'm in a rush. My usual go-to products for brows are:

Essence eyebrow pencils in dark brown shade
IT Cosmetics Brow Power in universal taupe.

Benefit's Instant Brow Pencil came in a dainty box that feels glamorous and the dual-sided pencil is in the box, being the end is the product and the other a spoolie. I like the feeling of the spoolie if you ask me, the brush is quite soft and the product, on the other hand, is buttery soft and very creamy.

When I swatched and tested this in the store, I loved the product's blendable and smooth application while remaining to be quite waxy to stay put throughout the day. I bought the product and gave it a test run for a week till I decided to write a review of it.

I like how easy it is to make your brows soft and natural with this product. The colour matches my hair and skin tone perfectly and the volume and fullness this product gives my brows. I have quite thick eyebrows and it fills the gaps in perfectly.

The gripes I have with this product were having to sharpen them constantly every single application, the pencil not sharpening as pretty as it should (though the product perfectly works on my sharpener) and my product is already sliding in and out of the pencil. It was quite a surprise to find my product already halfway out of the pencil. It is also pretty quick to finish the pencil and it makes me feel cheap regarding the product. I don't want to find myself constantly in their store buying this product at all.

Probably, I might end up buying another high-end product till I am satisfied with my eyebrow product or go back to my Essence brow products again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I actually really like this product, I naturally have full eyebrows, so I don't need to use a whole lot of product on them. The waxy texture is very easy to blend and it looks great on my eyebrows. I would recommend this for someone who doesn't need to do a bunch of filling in, and just is going to use it for a little definition.

on 7/17/2015 2:36:00 PM

I've gone through 3 sticks of this brow pencil to absolutely ascertain that it is not great. The consistency of the product is very creamy and applies too much pigment for my taste. Also, application of the pigment tends to not be very uniform or even. I often have patchy parts that I have to fill in more, or parts that are too dark that I have to blend out with the spoolie. Because I used the spoolie so much and the product was so creamy, the spoolie ended up getting gunked up quickly from the excess product I would blend out.

There is also not a great range of shades. I have black hair, but find the black color (I believe it is called 'Ebony') to be too harsh while the next lighter color (a brownish color) has too many red tones. At $22-$23 per pencil, there are much better alternatives out there.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This a a tinted wax that runs out very quickly, I thought it would be less waxy but it's good for making a shape and putting powder over it so it doesn't slide anywhere. But sharpening it losses alot of products so take the wax with a bush for a more precise shape without wasting it all

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I like this. It adds a nice color to my brows and the tip is very soft, making it easy to glide/use. My only concern is that I have to sharpen this pencil RATHER often. I don't use this everyday, but I feel like if I do, I'll be out of it in 1-2 months. This is pretty pricey if I were to compare it to drugstore eyebrow pencils. I didn't find anything else wrong with this, but I won't be repurchasing.

I've never had to sharpen an eyebrow pencil so often! I find I sharpen it every time I use it, and now 3 weeks after purchasing it, I have half a pencil left. For the price I paid I expected a lot more, it's really soft and waxy, I don't find it precise at all and I'm not sure if it's just me but I find it clumps together after a while. The best thing about the product is the brush, which I'll continue to use. Once this product runs out I will not be purchasing it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

There are superior products to this at the drugstore. This pencil is too creamy and can smear easily. I will not purchase.

on 6/16/2014 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Average product and overpriced. You can get the same result from drugstore eyebrow pencils.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This brow pencil is too soft and waxy. I have to sharpen it every single time I use , even though I use it on my eyebrow really gently. The colour pigments easily goes or fall down all over your face, which can be irritating for my sensitive skin. And it is very fast to be finished just in 2 months. Really pricy. Definitely won't purchase this again.

on 3/2/2014 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really an awful eyebrow pencil. I can't believe how much I paid for this.
It's soft, yet somehow waxy at the same time. The pencil disappears so quickly, but I'm not sure where all the product is going?? I have to resharpen after every use and it wastes so much product.
It is useless for definition because it's so soft, but I can't use it for filling in because it looks very heavy and crusty on my eyebrows.

I got this pencil in light, but I am now using Rimmel's soft kohl eyeliner in taupe for my eyebrows, which is a similar colour, but it is less orange than this one. Rimmel's pencil is also very soft, but it is not waxy at all and there is no pulling like this pencil. And it's only 6 bucks.

Popular Brows Products