BeneFit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
BeneFit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)
BeneFit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium

3.8

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

My honest opinion on the Benefit Instant Brow pencil is that it is too expensive for its quality. When I first started using it I thought it was the best thing in the world, but it runs out so easily that it is too expensive to replace on a regular basis, especially for those of you that are still at school and on a tight budget. Overall I give this product 3 out of 5 stars for great packaging, a great spoolie at the end of the pencil but too wet of a consistency and a high price.

This pencil is waxed-based so there's no need to apply wax, which I like. The color glides on smoothly and is natural-looking. The only complaint I have about this product is that since it's wax-based, it runs out really quickly. I have to sharpen it every time I use it or every other time. I don't want something to run out when it's so pricey.

on 5/30/2011 9:21:00 PM

it works pretty well, but not fantastically. i still use it every day and it looks good and matches my color pretty well, but i have to sharpen it alllllllllllll the time. which upsets me because it makes me feel like i am wasting the product which is pretty expensive. maybe i am just pressing too hard or something. i would recommended this if you have sparse or thin eyebrows because it looks great and stays all day long:)

on 4/30/2011 2:31:00 PM

I bought this first when the shade was medium-dark and loved it, it was a holy grail product for me and I used it everyday to define my brows. However, when I ran out and went back to purchase more they had updated the shades so I had to take the medium pencil, because medium-dark was no longer a shade. I found that the medium pencil was a little bit lighter than the medium-dark pencil (which was the exact color of my brows).

on 2/10/2011 6:08:00 PM

At first i was put off from buying this product because of the price, but i brought it anyways because my eyebrows have a mind of their own and im always experimenting different ways to do my eyebrows. i brought the pencil in medium to dark and this is the best of the best pencil i have ever used for my eyebrows. and i have been filling/defining my eyebrows faithfully ever since i was 10 years old so i been through all the kits/pencils/ powders out there. and im very self conscious about my eyebrows. its very creamy, and even though the shade is slightly lighter than my natural eyebrows, it blends easily and doesnt look penciled in at all. they look soo real and natural i honesty didnt have to do much work to make sure they wernt too harsh. it works GREAT as a base and i would recommend this to anyone who fills their eyebrows. definitely a MUST have, i dont even care that it cost $20, ill continue to buy it, well worth the price!!!

on 10/25/2010 11:08:00 PM

This is pretty expensive but I love this product! It looks natural on my eyebrows and the comb/brush on the other end really helps. It is my first eyebrow pencil and I don't think I'll be looking for another brand any time soon. The only negative thing I have to say is that after a few uses it's completely dull and it seems like I'm always sharpening it.

This seems to be product that people either hate or love. As for me, this is PURE love. I have always shyed away from powders or creams because they tend to smear/erase & I never seem to achieve that perfect "arched" look. I have used Maybelline's brow pencil for years (Charcoal gray- which is discontinued now). And still, I was unsatisfied. I have very sparse eyebrows. It's impossible to leave the house w/o having them filled. So, eventually I got my eyebrows SEMI-tattooed. which is getting them inked but eventually, it begins fading/diminishing. (I'm afraid to get full on permanent tattoos on my face). I'm happy with this "semi-tattoo" because it looks oh so natural. But then again, it eventually fades... (I've gotten it re-touched twice in 2 years already). Anyway, I've decided to go eyebrow pencil hunting to avoid getting the touchups for 100$ everytime. I stopped by Benefit @ my local Macy's and I liked the fact that this said "Instant brow pencil". I mean, who likes spending hours on their eyebrows like me? I got this in "light to medium".. & the formula is creamy so it applies very easily. I use a light hand so they don't look drawn on. they look super natural & happily, this beats any of the eyebrow pencils/formulas that I have ever used. It literally stays put ALL day. the pigmentation is perfect, not too light nor heavy. The only con is the damn PRICE$$. $20 for eyebrow pencil and this thing goes down REALLY fast. It's so worth it though.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is seriously a joke. For $20 you buy a crappy eyebrow pencil. I got one for 79 cents at Walgreens that is ONE HUNDRED times better than this was! And for those of you saying this isn't supposed to "draw on" your eyebrows (and I quote: "You're not supposed to DRAW your eyebrows on, you're just supposed to thicken them with this product."), you're obviously not reading the description of this product properly. It says THIS: "Turn your sparse, skimpy brows into perfectly natural, polished brows with this instant brow pencil."

Uh, so, this is for people with thick brows that need only a little polishing? I think NOT.

For us girls that have very sparse brows and like to extend (like I do) this is a JOKE. It barely even colors my brows, let alone the areas with very little hair. I mean really. I went over my brow about 5 times and it barely even left a HINT of color. Sure, the wax in the pencil helps tame your brows A BIT, but the same can be done with a brow gel or even some chapstick. I can not believe the amount of money they want for a very low quality product like this one. This is probably amazing for those of you with already this brows - BUT that is not what the product claims it is for. It's supposed to help our skimpy brows look full and lush, and this does the exact opposite - it does NOTHING. Save your time & money if you've got skimpy brows and go to Wal Mart or Walgreens...you'll get a much better product for a fraction of the price.

Popular Brows Products