Jean Paul Gaultier Ma Dame

Jean Paul Gaultier Ma Dame

3.2

on 11/10/2017 1:22:00 AM

I remember years ago when i was a little kid my parents would take me and my brother out to a restaurant and they would get a beer or a 🍷 then i would get a drink called a Shirley Temple. It was a mix of sprite and grenadine and the glass would have such a pretty color of neon pink just like the bottle of Madame has. The bottle kind of actually glows a neon pink or orange if the light hits the bottle right. Kind of in the same way the ocean glows blue and green when it is full of organisms. And the Shirley Temple would smell so sweet and fizzy just like Madame. The is is a strange little scent but its really avant garde and different. Nothing on the market quite like it. The note of grenadine is so intense and syrupy and mixes so well with the 🌹 note. Lasting power is good and gives good sillage. I dont think this is a straight up masculine scent but it could easily pass as unisex due to the musk and cedar notes. Good fragrance to have in your collection.

I love the EDT of this! It's been a repeat buy of mine many many times (when I find it!)
I usually wear warm, spicy, vanilla scents - love them! This is one I make (one) exception for. It's juicy and bright. It's clean and very vibrant. To me I smell the scent of a freshly peeled ruby red grapefruit, with a little bit of black liquorice. It's sexy and playful! Not too serious. The EDP however...unfortunately, the EDP did not work for me. It is a long stretch away from the EDT! I can get a hint of the juicy citrus of the EDT, but then, I'm overwhelmed by roses! I do love the scent of roses, but for me I just felt it took this beautiful bright scent somewhere else. Probably my chemistry just didn't mix well with the EDP. Shame, because it's an equally beautiful bottle and I would have loved it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is quite possibly the worst Jean Paul Gaultier perfume I have ever come across. Which isn't easy to say considering he does an excellent job. He knows how to make perfumes that are sexy and fresh at the same time. This one really does smell like nail polish remover. I wish I knew which note is that causes this because it is beginning to become familiar in many perfumes. Seriously. What is it? Something to preserve its freshness, I don't know. Anyways, I wish I could split this one into many little facets for you. But I can't. My nose can't get past the new gym/nail polish scent. It smelled soft and fresh for one second and then this blasphemy came along. I had to return it. However, I've got to say the campaign looked fabulous. Agyness Deyn (I think that's the model's na,e) looked quite edgy in it. She looked fun and stylish and that is what I expected from this. Not eau de Nail Salon (I love my NPs btw, just don't like smelling like one).

"Sweet Tarts on a space station" is the best description I've heard yet. I love how playful and weird this one is. You get a metallic note with the fruitiness and it's so cool. In addition, the bottle is BEAUTIFUL. The color, the invisible straw, the form, which references JPG Classique, everything. It's one of those, "Oh, hello, you! I own you!" perfumes that make you just delighted to have it on your vanity.

I just adore this fragrance. I don't know how I would even begin to describe what notes it has, but it's something I find very unique.

It lasts for a ridiculous long time on me. I'm not complaining because I hate touch ups.

I am about to have to repurchase this, and I won't have to second guess my decision!

on 8/27/2011 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

LOVE IT! Initially it's shocking as it is so sugary-sweet and VERY strong! However, it quickly mellows down, and the staying power is superb,,,no need to touch up !
Definitely would repurchase!!!!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Root beer and creamsicles. This woluld make a great ice cream flavour.

on 5/25/2010 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

A fun, fruity, strong perfume that's suitable all year round. Beautiful bottle.

on 7/30/2010 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

A really perky scent that's a bit sharp, which I love. Even my boyfriend who don't really appreciate perfume at all likes this one on me. The bottle is perfection too.

on 10/4/2010 4:18:00 PM

I normally dont like perfumes but this definitely is my fav!I actually got a small sample while shopping @ Macy's.I tried it on and my bf loved the smell on me so I ended up gettin a large bottle lol

The smell is unique to me..cant really compare it to a scent defnitely not rootbeer like i read in someone's review though.If i had to categorize it it'ld be amongst the citrus-y slightly flower-y...scents.

I recommend this for girls that prefer body sprays over perfumes.

Popular Fragrances