Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero-Smudge Liquid Eye Liner

Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero-Smudge Liquid Eye Liner

4.1

WATER, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, COCONUT ACID, AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, TRISODIUM EDTA, POTASSIUM SORBATE, METHYLPARABEN, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, PHENOXYETHANOL, YELLOW 5 LAKE (LABEL ABBREVIATION), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CARMINE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, ALUMINUM POWDER, BRONZE POWDER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BLUE 1 LAKE (LABEL ABBREVIATION), ULTRAMARINES, IRON OXIDES, FERRIC FERROCYANIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, SODIUM COCOYL COLLAGEN AMINO ACID, BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-16/16 DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SORBITOL, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, LAURETH-2 BENZOATE

It does last but it goes on drier than other brands so you have to go over the line a few times. Difficult to do a cat eye of the brush but I have limited options bc liquid liners either smudge or flake on me. You can make very thin lines with this product which is good. I don't like that it contains Parabens, most liquid liners do but for the once a week that I'll be wearing it, I'm not very concerned.i rated it a 4 bc it doesn't smudge and it doesn't end up in my eye but it's bc of the brush I didn't give it a 5. Smudging is a very big issue for me with eye makeup. I got 12 hr wear w this and there was maybe 1 little flake but still going strong.

on 3/27/2016 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to be truly obsessed with this and I thought I found my liquid eyeliner for life. It is so easy to out on and they way it is aids you in keeping a straight hand and making a straight line. However, recently (not sure whether they've changed it at all), I've found that it isn't as "intense". The line / wing from the outer corner eye, away from my eye, just doesn't look as good. It's like you can see my skin within the wing, if that makes any sense. You want the wing to look thick and fully black, but this has become a little disappointing in achieving that. It's a shame as previously it really had no faults.

To Read all 67 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Amazing liner! It's waterproof, easy to apply, lasts all day but it's quite price. I'm sure I can find a similar product at DS.
Great product nonetheless.

This was one of my first regular liners. I know, crazy lol. It's a whopping $27. That's pricy for a liquid liner. However, I have a soft spot for Estee Lauder because my mom loves that brand. I really love the packaging of this. Like most of Estee Lauder's products, it feels nice. The wand is pretty decent but quite stiff and tiny when I am trying to go for a winged liner look. It's quite hard to make my wings thin and precise. However it's an easy bus if I want to line my eyes quickly. I don't have to make small strokes or anything because it's not such a difficult brush to use -just not a precise one. The color is super jet black! The blackest one I have used. Also it doesn't smudge and sets fairly quick. Last but not least, it lasts all day. Great!
What are the cons, the finish is super shiny. It has a wet liner sort of look. If you set it with a black powder maybe you can get away with that but I don't understand why this formula is super glossy. A little shine is OK. Next, the liner does not fade nicely on my eye. It kinda gets crusty. So if you want to retouch, it'll be kind of difficult (but not impossible).
Is this worth the price? I don't think so. Unless if you like that wet liner look, it's okay.

on 1/24/2016 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This is a great eyeliner. I've been looking for a nice liquid eyeliner for my monolid, oily eyelids for a few years now to enhance my Asian eyes, and I have to admit that this one does the job. I got this at Nordstrom for about $25, which is a bit pricey for me, but it's lasted me for about 4 months and there is about 1/3 of it still left.

Pros:
- A beautiful, matte black
- MOSTLY waterproof (if you avoid rubbing your eyes or crying profusely)
- Easy to apply with practice
- Quick drying (about 20 sec)
- A little goes a long way!
- If it does rub off, it sort of 'peels' off instead of smudging and giving you that 'raccoon' look
- Small, pointed tip gives you the perfect cat eye!

Cons:
- Not ENTIRELY waterproof (didn't last through a long shower or two hours in the pool, for example)
- Can be a little messy
- A bit expensive

Overall, I really like this eyeliner, but I'm still looking for one that can survive a pool party or likewise. I think that it works for the price, and I'll probably repurchase this if there's nothing else that's better.

my new hg finallyyyy.
Pros: easy to use, smudge free for sure (even with my ten hour shifts), comes of neatly in bits - so no racoon eyes but will need oil based remover, i can even wear it between my lower lashes with no smudging
Cons: may not be black enough for some people, i do have to go over the line to build it, it reminds me of a caligraphy pen so depending on how much you dip it can come out faint.
My other favourite is mac liquidlast but as this is so much easier to use and remove and i can still wear it on my lower lash line, even though it isn't as black, this is now my new hg.

I'm huge fan of this eyeliner since 2008. I use it for 7 years now and hope it will never be discontinued. Mine lasts me for a year. That makes it extremely cheap compare to pencils and I can't say enough on how much better it is.
The color is glossy black, ones applied it stays as a film on your eyelid. Zero smudge, counting the fact that I live in warm and extremely humid conditions. I apply it in the morning and liner stays put all day and all night without any touch up. I have experience wearing it for about a 20 hours. The time I had to take it it off it was looking exactly the same as in the morning when I put it on.
Let's talk about removal. I never seen any other eye makeup product that removes so easily. I just make cotton pad wet with water and go over the eyelid from inner conners till the end of the liner. One time is enough. Liner is gone. No panda eyes, no traces. It removes as a film.
I truly believe that every woman that could put liquid eyeliner (it's not so easy to put on as a pencil or marker) must have this one. The result worth learning the application.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

love love love this eyeliner. It took me a couple tries to get used to the applicator only because I'm used to Stila's pen eyeliner, but once I got the hang of it, amazing!!

Pros:
- stays on all day/night ( did an all nighter for school and wore this eyeliner, did not budge for 24h)
- color is great, very deep black
- will never smudge, waterproof, sweat-proof, anything-proof

Con:
- the price, But, if you think about it, it will last you a long time which makes it worth it!

Have nothing bad to say about this eyeliner, great job Estée!

on 8/4/2014 12:33:00 AM

Have been using this eyeliner for a few years now, and I still haven't found anything that can replace it. It just does not smudge at all and it lasts all day! Sweat-proof, weather-proof and what not. I have really oily eyelids, and everything that I've used has smudged on me. Also, even if it does come off, it comes off in flakes, so it does not make you have panda eyes. It's expensive and it's worth its price for what it actually does, but I would keep finding a cheaper dupe for it (if i can).

on 5/7/2014 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Really love this eyeliner. The applicator is perfectly shaped for all the precision I need, and it lasts all day. It's become a liquid liner staple