L'Oreal Bare Naturale Pressed Powder

Filtered by hair type : Curly
L'Oreal Bare Naturale Pressed Powder

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I was cleaning out my makeup drawers and found this in the back somewhere. It was just a small purchase for something to carry around in my bag with me if I needed to touch up. I had completely forgotten about it after throwing it in with all my other junk. So, one day I decided to use this as a sort of setting powder for my colorstay; holy moly this stuff was amazing.
It helped my foundation stay solid all day. The colorstay foundation would stay pretty well on it's own, but with this stuff, just wow.
Then out of curiosity, I decided to just use it by itself. Another wow, my friends. This stuff evened out my skin tone beautifully and lasted through a hot summer day. I don't usually get many zits and stuff so I'm not sure if it would conceal those on it's own, but it covered some little scars of mine from previous pimples with no problem.
It comes with a brush (which I lost.) I use elf's powder brush to apply this, which I think is a huge part of the amazing look and feel I have come to love with this product. Great drugstore buy right here!

on 5/8/2010 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I decided to try this powder, mainly because i wanted something with a good colour match, and when it comes to drugstore, this is the second best brand when it comes to range of shades available ( I struggle a lot, because I'm pale with very strong yellow undertones). OK, so to the point:
Packaging:
Wheras i usually don't care much for how pretty the packaging is, this one annoyed the hell out of me: it's not for clumsy people. The brush is no good for me: it's poor qulity and doesn't make the powder "stick" to your skin well, but hey everyone's skin is different. Also the lid comes of all of the time, which is really annoyoing, so it's not very portable- my whole makeup bag is now covered in powder.
Application:
When applied with a separate powder brush, the powder looks nice at the begging, although it's still quite chalky, even on my oily skin, so i'm not sure if it will work good with dry skin either.
Staying Power:
The staying power is very good (again it is probably a bit better when it comes to normal and dry skin tones)- after an hour i'm oily again. This isn't unusualy with DS powders for me, and most of the time i' willing to work with it, but this product does not look good when reapplied- it is very cakey (even if a small amount is applied). It also oxidised quite badly.
Colour range:
It's okay- nothing spectacular, none of the shades were quite yellow enough for me (and pale at the same time), but i'm pretty sure there will be shades available for darker skin tones with yellow and pink undertones and paler skin tones with pink undertones.
I also think this powder may work better if you have normal, dry, or possibly combination skin. Oily skintones, it may not work for you- but this also depends - if your skin is smooth (no ance, bumps, whatever) and you like the dewy look, you can get away with it, probably when used without a foundation underneath, but if you need to use foundation i say keep looking, cause this one isn't gonna do a great job.