L'Oreal Bare Naturale Pressed Powder

4.3

on 6/21/2010 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Probably one of the best finishing powders I have ever used. This totally made me ditch foundation. This gives amazing coverage without the foundation and it has THE BEST staying power I have ever seen. It doesn't fade, stays matte the whole day and I've never experienced anything bad with this. The brush was a load of bull. It did NOTHING, once applied it would leave this nasty streaks. I tried using it for my bronzer, just does not work. It scratched the living hell out of my PP. I also think that the case is too big for the product. It is NOT travel friendly. However, the product is amazing. I bought this as the 75% off sale at PharmaPlus for $5 CDN, I'm not sure how much it originally is, but I think it was more or less then $15. Definitely wait for a good sale before purchasing as their Bare Naturale line is quite pricey.

on 9/9/2008 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I used to be a huge fan of Bare Naturale, the pressed powder and loose powder. I opted more towards the pressed powder simply because it was easier to apply and more convenient to travel with, and it was one of the only d/s powder foundations that was able to deliever all the qualities I was looking for. I'm very fussy when it comes to my makeup, and I'm rarely satisfied with a purchase. Bare Naturale was everything I was looking for. The shade selection is wonderful; I have fair skin with warm undertones, and BN runs on the neutral/warm side, so it was easy to find a shade that matched my skin. The compact is kind of awkward to use. The top twists off, revealing the powder and a small brush clipped to the underside. On the bottom of the compact there's a mirror that isn't very useful considering it's covered halfway with a sticker. The included brush isn't ideal for initial application. I use my EcoTools kabuki, but the included brush might work for touchups or if you're using this as a setting powder. The coverage is ok, I'd say it's medium but buildable. It worked well at evening out my complexion and covering minor acne scarring, but being 7 months pregnant my skin is out of control and this just isn't enough for me. The staying power isn't too bad, but I've noticed that it fades quickly in areas where my skin is broken out. Overall, I'm not sure if L'Oreal changed the ingredients on this, or maybe I just got an old compact (since this has now been discontinued), but I just don't love this as much as I used to. It's an average product, but definitly not worth th $13 price tag.

on 8/29/2008 7:27:00 PM

Like the loose version, this really makes my skin look flawless and beautiful. The brush that comes with is kind of different and it's not bad, but I like using my BE brush to apply powder. This is very natural and light and gives my skin a luminous quality. Awesome, so glad they finally came out with a different looking packaging, as all the BN line looks alike. Great stuff and a great complement to the foundation!