L'Oreal Bare Naturale Pressed Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24
L'Oreal Bare Naturale Pressed Powder

3.2

Love this stuff! Definitley my favourite powder yet! It suits my skin really nicely. I apply this with a sponge. I also love that is has a mirror on the other side. I can't really compare this to many high - end cosmetic brands as I haven't really tried cosmetics by Mac or Chanel, mainly because in my country, even a L'oreal or Revlon foundation is about $45n (roughly $30 USD) but this makes my skin looks lovely!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

this powder was really chalky. even if i left it sitting in my makeup bag (where it spent most of its time), chunks of product would crumble out.
when i powdered my face, it gave me this white cast. its also really difficult to buff in and looked grainy on my skin. didnt seem to break me out, but it didnt help my acne either.
all these bad qualities for $12. way overpriced.

on 6/10/2011 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love this powder! I don't know why there aren't more positive reviews on it. Not sure how I would rate it price wise as I got it at a makeup sale so don't know how much it is full price. It matches my skin tone PERFECT. Keeps me looking matte for almost all day. The shade I have is very yellow based which works in my favour as I usually use it on top of my BB cream which can sometimes look slightly grey on my skin so this puts the yellow undertones back into my skin. You don't need much of it, especially if you are using it on top of a foundation. It adds more coverage for my skin which I love. I've had it for a few months and I don't think I'm even close to hitting pan. Would definitely repurchase as it's probably the best powder I've ever bought.

on 5/20/2011 3:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've never had this problem before, but when I used this power after an hour or so it gave my T-zone a very odd-looking appearance that I haven't seen before or since. It left it looking shimmery and almost metallic. It was very unflattering.

It provides a light coverage and lasts as long as other powders do.

I *love* the packaging except for the brush, it's too small, awkwardly shaped and hard to hold well.

I would not buy this product again due to the odd affect it had on my skin even though I've used other products in this line.

WOW this stuff is amazing! Saw it at Walgreens for 75% off, but passed by. Saw it again at Rite Aid, still for 75% off, and thought I'd give it a try; ended up coming out to $3. I used it as a finishing powder over my liquid foundation and woow! Gave me such a nice, matte, lightly tinted finish! I have become hooked onto a somewhat lengthy face routine =( BUT, today, I was in a hurry and was running very late for work. I put on some moisturizer, concealer, and this powder..and a light dusting of HD powder. I was afraid my face would be completely dull in a few hours (as I almost always have full coverage liquid under the powder), so wasn't sure how this would hold up. Almost 12 hours later, it's where I put it earlier in the day! I am so very pleased!! I went back to Rite Aid to pick up another, as for $3, for such a greta product, I simply had to get more! Also, I don't know if it's my eyes playing tricks, but I swear, my skin looks a little better since I've been using this! Overall, I am very pleased!!

on 5/27/2010 10:56:00 PM

I bought this in Sand Beige and the colour is a perfect match for my complexion. It wears beautifully, offers from light to medium coverage, and looks very natural on my skin. The only downfall is the staying power. The powder transfers onto everything that touches my skin. Worse, I get oily in about an hour of wear, which is very unusual because my face on it own does not get oily within an hour. Got it at CVS 75% off so I don't feel too bad. I might try it again during the winter, but unless they reformulate the powder, I am not buying it again.

on 4/3/2009 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS: Cute packaging. I like the color. Nice powder.
CONS: Don't like the brush (which means this isn't a portable item unless you stick a sponge in, or carry around a full size brush). Not very much coverage (which is okay if you use foundation underneath). The container doesn't stay shut very well, and came open in my m/u bag (shattered powder EVERYWHERE).
I really wanted to like this product! However, it's only an okay powder, and kind of a hassle to work with b/c of the brush and the container not shutting. I'll stick w/ a L'Oreal powder w/ better coverage, or my Physicians Formula loose powder. I will not be repurchasing this, nor would I recommend it to friends.

on 2/16/2009 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had been wanting to try this powder for a pretty long while, especially after reading the positive reviews for it. I was mainly looking for a pressed powder that i could use on its own to provide a bit of coverage, and this seemed like it would work well for this. I have this in Buff Beige, which is a pretty nice match for my skin tone. When i opened this up at home, I really loved the appearance of the powder, as the texture of it looks very smooth and almost creamy in the pan. I applied the powder with a large powder brush rather than the little brush that came with it, and it went on nicely. The powder offers a bit of coverage for me, and is pretty easy to apply. The only strange thing is that i noticed my skin feeling uncomfortable through out the day when i was wearing this. There was a mild itching sensation at times, and other times, it was just a general feeling of discomfort that i can't describe. I kind of felt like washing my face and removing the powder at some point. I also broke out a little bit - I had two new pimples appear on each of my cheeks. My cheeks are very acne prone in general, but this powder has made me a bit worried. I have stopped using it for a few days now, and i'm still undecided on what i will do with it.
Price: This was definitely very expensive for me. Where i am, this cost about $20.
Package: I find this packaging very nice and simple, although i think that it is very easy to open, so i think there would be a risk of it opening up on its own if i carried the powder with me.
I am giving this a rating of 3 because this seems like a nice quality product; i'm not sure why my skin has been feeling uncomfortable with it, though. I will update if anything changes.

on 2/6/2009 3:43:00 PM

my experience with this was so bad, im second guessing whether it was actually the same product that everyone else is reviewing!

in my opinion, this provided the same coverage and finish as a lot of other "mineral" powders--cakey and slightly shiny. it didnt mask my pores at all. i returned it the day after purchasing. def wont repurchase!

on 1/22/2009 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My HG pressed powder! I went from MAC's mineralize skinfinish natural to this since my HG foundation is the Bare Naturale Mineral Makeup (loose) which I absolutely love. Now that I've started using the same stuff in the pressed powder version, I am so happy with the results! This stuff is amazing. Awesome coverage and it adds the perfect finish. The colour is just so darn accurate too. I am NC35 in MAC and I use Natural Beige in both the Bare Naturale Mineral Makeup and the Bare Naturale Pressed Powder. I use my own Kabuki brush to apply this, not the brush that comes in the packaging. I like to buff my makeup in to give a flawless, blended finish.