E.L.F. Mineral Lipstick

E.L.F. Mineral Lipstick

3.9

Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Paraffin Wax, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopherol (Ve),Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vc), Retinyl Palmitate (Va), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 3/16/2017 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Product Claims and Description: Now you can hydrate your lips and get a lasting soft color naturally! This nourishing blend of exotic oils, natural waxes, vitamins and plant extracts create the perfect moisturizing formula. The sleek lipstick has superior color payoff, glides easily onto lips, and is long wearing. Lips stay perfectly hydrated and soft throughout the day for no fuss, lip loving happiness. All our mineral makeup are mineral-based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes. How to use: Apply to lips with a lip defining brush and blend in the color for lip hydration. Re-apply as often as desired.

The packaging is good and sturdy, like most elf studio packaging is, and hasn’t broken on me. The lid snaps on tightly, no need to worry about it falling off, but at the same time it’s not hard to remove the lid. The tube is matte black like most of E.l.f.’s studio line. It contains .13oz of lipstick, which is good for $5. I didn’t pay that much for it because I received it in a beauty bundle from E.l.f. Elf claims that this is a long wearing lipstick, but I disagree. It lasts until you eat something afterwards you will need to retouch. I own two colors, both of which have been discontinued, but one shade called Nicely Nude is still available on the elf website as of 3/9/17, but I have not tried that one.

This lipstick is smooth and hydrating, stays where you put it and has good pigmentation. The only complaint that I have is that it can be a tad patchy if your lips are a little dry. I like the formula. It has no taste, but if you find smells off putting then you might not like this one because it smells like crayons. It is not strong and cannot be smelled once it’s applied on the lips.I would recommend this lipstick to anyone.

Pros-Hydrating as it claims to be, smooth and doesn’t bleed off of lips.
Cons-patchy, smell of crayons. Four out of five Lippies.

on 12/17/2015 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried this product in two different colors and did not like it. I would rather spend an extra few dollars and get a better product at the drug store.
It did not stay put very well and was too slick going on. Even after blotting my lips to rid the excess of product I just did not like it or the color payoff. The smell some of them have is horrible.
The color choices are also very poor.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my first E.L.F. Mineral Lipstick and it is in Runway Pink. I have finally found my "my lips but better" shade. I usually wear deeper/vampy colors so, for me, pinks are outside my comfort zone. I bought this on a whim and I am so pleased. It's a nice nude pink with the slightest brown tone to it. It doesn't have any kind of off putting perfume-y or chemical smell to it. It is decently moisturizing. The packaging is neat and sleek. And, as usual with e.l.f., the price is right. The only thing I found odd is the actual shape of the lipstick. It isn't shaped like the typical lipstick that will conform to the shape of your lips upon application. The slant of the lipstick is a little steeper, a little more straight so that can make application tricky, depending upon your lip shape.

on 1/12/2015 4:12:00 AM

I bought a few shades of this formula and feel it is worth more than what you pay for them. I've used more expensive brands but these seem better than some of them, for some reason. The colors are wearable (most of them), the pigments are good and they are so cheap.

on 11/15/2014 6:14:00 PM

These lipsticks feel like mud on the lips for some reason. They were not the most moisturizing but not drying either. They do not stain the lips, btw. Most of the shades I bought contain shimmer which I am not particularly fond of. The only non-shimmer colour I tried was rosy tan and this one felt exactly like mud! The colour looked very dull, not flattering at all!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

very Creamy, pigmented at a very good price drugstore lipstick.

on 9/28/2014 12:48:00 PM

I'm not one for lipstick, usually. I prefer tinted lipgloss and other lip products of the like. I received this in a mystery grab bag when I made a recent purchase from E.L.F. It came in Rich Raspberry. Upon opening it, it looked dark and definitely not a color that would go with my fair skin and blonde hair. Not only that, I was skeptical of the quality. However, I gave it a go and I was surprised! I wore it with subdued and neutral eye makeup, and this really make my lips look elegant and polished. The color was more raspberry/berry colored on my lips than it looked in the tube. It has amazing pigmentation and staying power. After initial application I touched it up maybe 2-3 times, mainly because I was eating and drinking, but the color stayed the entire day. I feared that it might be drying, but it really wasn't. I would recommend, and I wouldn't hesitate to try other colors in this line.

on 6/5/2014 7:38:00 PM

I bought this in Rosy Raisin, and I love the colour. I've been looking for a nice orangey pink for a while and this was a hit for me. The texture is nice and creamy. Doesn't stay on if you're eating/drinking, but a quick reapplication every now and then isn't a big deal. I probably will try another colour, likely in the nude range as I don't see much point in a highly pigmented lipstick that doesn't stay very long. Very happy with this purchase though!

on 11/13/2013 12:36:00 PM

I have 3 shades from this range and I like the colours and the payoff is good. However, I find these to be quite drying, even though they are supposed to have a cream finish, so that puts me off. Another con is that they can melt and break easily. They're not the worst by any means, but I can find better lipstick formulas from the drugstore for the same price or cheaper.

on 1/12/2013 7:57:00 PM

I got this product in natural nymph. And first off it looked like I put concealer on my lips. It made my lips look really dry. So I gave it to my sister and it made her lips look dry too. So I decided to just go and buy it in a different color. And I got it in pouty petal this time to see if it was just the shade this time. And it end being a better choice. It didn't make my lips look dry and it looked smoother on my lips.