Avon Glazewear Lipstick - Champagne Glow

No Image

on 7/21/2011 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is one of avons best lip products - a gorgeous slightly apricot-nude with gold shimmer, very fine shimmer which doesnt appear glittery. The new line 'silky shine glazewear lipstick' in peach is a very similar shade minus the gold shimmer. Only problem is these melt very easily in warmer temperatures and always seem to snap off at the base after a few uses but still a very good product for the price.

Love this stuff!
Color Description: - Nudey pink color, (more nude than pink) with tiny gold micro-glitter. Sheer, pigmentation is not as sheer as one would think on these, some of course are sheerer than others. But this one in particular is on a scale from 1-10, 1 being the sheerest, it is probably like a 3.

Texture: Creamy, almost glazey-gel-like. Feels really good going on the lips. The first time I tried this I started to swipe it on my lips and thought it would be really hard to spread - but within 1 second it started to glide on... so maybe b/c it was brand new? DOES dry my lips out a little more than some other lippies, so what I do is when I press my lips together and start to feel those lip crusties, I take a napkin (not a tissue, too soft, I need something with grip) and take off all the l/s and then rub until the crusties come off, gross I know. lol.

Smell/Scent/Taste - Ew. This is why it only has 4 lippies, the scent! It's like flowery? I don't want to feel like I'm rubbing flowers on my lips, as pretty as they are, I wouldn't eat them. I mean, you can't taste it, but you can smell it going on, and when you get the l/s close to your face. If they modified this, it'd be a perfect 5.

Value/Price - I got 14 of these puppies for right under $4 each! (I got almost every color and backups of some) I know - I hid them from the hubbo and just pulled them out gradually LOL - he dosen't know the addiction is THIS bad. I think regular price they're about $8, but they're so popular they go on sale often.

Packaging: It is very similar to the MAC slimshine, and as a matter of fact, I've heard they're comparable. I wouldn't know to tell you, ask I don't have a slimshine yet. But it is in a nice sleek black shinny tube, with a silver belt 'round thi middle, no lettering or anyting on it, exept for the color/info label on the butt.

Overall: I recommend this! The color range is great and this particular color is nice! I would buy this again!