NARS Sin

4.3

Gorgeous. A cool-toned light/medium berry shade with a little shimmer (but not a ton, like Orgasm) that is beyond perfect on my neutral-leaning NW15/MUFE 117 skin.

My fair (but not porcelain) skin tone tends to turn everything it touches into salmon or peach. Uggh! What's a pretty pinky-peach "nude" or "natural flush" on others is screaming orange on me. The famous (and very pretty...on others) Orgasm color looks like a pearlescent/disco ball-ified salmon fillet on my skin.

Give Sin a try if you tend toward berry/cool/neutral tones and/or find you have a lot of difficulty with blushes looking like orangey war paint. Don't worry that it's overly too purple or that you'll look like a dead girl. With light application, it's not that deep, and it's not that intense. The small amount of shimmer means you can still wear a highlighter with it and not look like a sweaty, glowing alien. If you hate shimmer, this isn't over the top (aka it doesn't enhance wrinkles or make you feel like the 120-year-old at the teen nightclub).

Is it worth $30? Yep (uggh, I know, I KNOW). I like dupes...they're cheaper and sometimes they're even similar quality. The totally annoying thing about Sin is that there is NO true dupe in exact color, just-right/not-too-much shimmer and longevity. Darn it! And with something like blush...you use so little of it, it takes forever to go through it (come on...when's the last time you fully reached the pan on blush?), so if you love it, this one's worth it.

This blush is super pigmented and very pretty on my NW20 skin. I was initially apprehensive about the shimmer because I so hated the Nars Orgasm blush. Sin is quite different. The shimmer translates to a beautiful glow on the skin. When swatched, I was intrigued by the color because I don't own anything like it in my collection, which is embarrassingly large.

I said I would not repurchase. Mostly because Nars blushes last FOREVER and by the time I hit pan on this I will likely move onto something different.

To Read all 773 Reviews, Login or Join

i love the color of this blush but I was hesitant to purchase it because I was fair (nc20) and don't know if it will suit me. All my blushes are either in pink or peach color. So when I went to the nars counter to repurchase my roman holiday lippie I tried this blush and never look back, the color is stunning just don't get carried away in applying it, a little goes a long way especially for someone with fair skin. This blush is best paired with berry lippie for a sophisticated vampy look. This one of my fave blush to date.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So expensive! You need some color to wear this. I have olive skin and it looked fabulous.Hint: you can get any plum blush and add any gold shimmer to it to replicate the Nars Sin effect.I'm so glad i did so, because now I have my very own Nars SIn blush, and I add even MORE gold shimmer for a totally sexy look

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I can see this blush being problematic for some. It is pigmented and because of the plum colour I can imagine it looking like someone has punched you in the face if not applied correctly. I'm pale, so I have to be careful. I usually dust a little on and then go over the edges with my foundation brush and it's just perfect for the autumn/winter for me. I never use this in the spring/summer. It gives a nice glow but it's not in your face at all. It's perfect teamed with a berry lip.

Sin is a mauvy plum blush with a golden micro shimmer that gives you this subtle pregnancy glow. It's gorgeous!!! Perfect to wear all year round but especially in the autumn/winter with dark lippies. This has been my holy grail blush for the past 3 years and I wear it almost everyday and haven't even hit pan yet. Worth every single penny!

This is one of my go-to blushes on days when I don't know what I want to wear. It goes with so many other colors, and I think that's partially because it's such a difficult color to pin down; it's kind of a bronzey mauvey rosey plum, and can pull all sorts of ways depending on your skin tone and the rest of your makeup. I'd consider this to be universal, in a way, because of that quality. It looks quite dark in the pan, but on my NC15-20 skin, it is really lovely. Applied with a less-dense blush brush, I get a natural flush of color, applied with a denser, smaller blush, this works as a contour/blush in one on lazy days. It does have a bit of shimmer, but I find it is much more pronounced in the pan than on the skin; it's got a nice, warm glow on the skin, but it's not at all glittery, just luminescent. I definitely consider Sin one of my top 3 blushes, but it's hung in the top 3 a lot longer than any other blush I own! NARS' blushes are on the pricier side, but they blend beautifully, last all day, and never look powdery/ chalky on my skin. They also last forever; I've had Sin for longer than I'd like to admit, and still haven't hit pan despite it being one of my more favorite colors.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I sure waited long enough to buy this blush. There are dupes out there for it, but my favorite dupe from Milani in Fantastico Mauve is now discontinued. I would rather just have the real thing than find another. It's not easy to describe this blush. It has a purple base and a mauve tone, and the golden sheen adds depth to the color. It's thee blush to own for autumn and pairs well with so many lip colors. You don't really need 10 plum blushes when you have Sin.

I purchased this online, and when i recieved it i was a little dissapointed as i figured it would be to dark on my NW20 skin. But I gave it a go, and oh-my, its stunning. It really picks up that color on the cheeks, especially on days when i'm wearing dark and vampy lipsticks. Sometimes dark lips tend to wash out my pale skin, and this blush really picks that up, and give my skin back some life.

It also stays on all day. I love NARS blushes for the fact that i can always see the blush at the end of a long day, which is a huge pluss.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this blush. The formula is silky and not powdery at all, which is the problem I have with so many blushes and my biggest pet peeve when it comes to blushes. I love the microshimmer because it gives this subtle glow that doesn't come off at glittery on the cheek. You can really control the amount of color you put on the cheek from very sheer to more opaque. The color itself is a slightly dirty plum color with gold microshimmer. When I say dirty, I don't mean unflattering, I just mean there is a natural brown sort of undertone to it. The only reason I took off one lippie was because depending on how pale I am it does have the tendency to look slightly bruise-like on me, but this is only when I am at my palest. All in all, it's a very beautiful blush. Very pretty when paired with plummy/berry lipstick (try MAC's Plumful).

Popular Blush Products