Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Liner - Chestnut

No Image

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hello Ladies! I have a REPLACEMENT product!!!
I LOVE Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Liner in the Chestnut... but they no longer make the Caviar product, and it has been replaced by Tightline. The Tightline does not come in a dark brown like the Chestnut. It only comes in a reddish brown that makes me look like I've stayed up 3 nights straight.

But good news.... I've FINALLY found an alternative and it is superior!
Tarte high-performance naturals Clay Pot Amazonian clay waterproof liner in Brown
It is NOT a gel liner (which I have come to hate... because it's gloppy where the Caviar was creamy and smooth).
This liner allows time to smudge and smooth.
The brush is not a sticky mess when done... just a few swipes across the tissue when done and it's clean... for real! And yet, this product really does stay on.
It IS waterproof and it DOES stay on all day... even through sleep.... which the Caviar did not.
I'm a happy, happy girl, and my life can resume as normal now... until they discontinue my bra or a favorite nail color.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love, love, love this eyeliner. I apply this using a Sigma E15 brush and straight from the compact.

Pros:
- great darker toned brown that is great on Asian skins for an everyday brown
- easy to apply and blend
- lasts all day
- easy to remove.

Cons:
- none really.

on 11/8/2009 10:09:00 AM

Wonderful product!

It's super easy to control of the effects you desire - be it a natural thin line or a thick line for a more dramatic approach. It's so "silky-smooth" when applied with a brush. The damage to the skin is minimal as it glides on super well and there is no need to tug the skin of the eye coutour area.

on 8/24/2009 2:20:00 PM

This is what started my love affair with Laura Mercier!

The Chestnut Caviar Eye Liner comes by itself in a small mirrowrd compact. It's not a powder, more like a thick cream. The website says that they now pop out to go into the customizable 3- or 6-well compacts, but I bought mine before the redesign. Chestnut is a deep brown- perfect for daytime.

My favorite way to apply this is with a damp, angled eyeliner brush. It goes on super smoothly and precisely and lasts all day. You can leave it as a precise line or smoke it out with a stiff brush. This eyeliner works really well on the lower waterline, too. No smudging, running, irritation or fading!

$22 is on the expensive side for eyeliner, but this lasts forever. I've also purchased this in midnight, and look forward to buying black, too.

on 8/28/2008 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a new shade of this product. I find this to be a perfect brown--not so much red that it makes you look tired, not so dark that it looks black, even when applied wet. I use Visine and a slanted liner brush (BE) to apply this, and I get a perfect, thin, in-the-base-of-the-lashes line every time. And it lasts all day, yet is easy to remove. This product is tempting me to put all my pencil liners up for swap, it's so easy to apply. Highly recommended!