Philosophy Turbo Booster C Powder

Philosophy Turbo Booster C Powder

4.1

Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Zinc Pca, Copper Pca, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Juice, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Arginine, Cysteine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice

on 12/12/2016 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is my first C-vitamine powder and I really like it! I think it has a good effect on my skin and is much more effective compared with other liquid-based c-vitamine products. Gives a lot of brightness and I see a visible difference after only a couple of weeks usage. The glass bottle is colored which is good in keeping the vitamine fresh, but a bit too tight, I have more than once dropped all the powder on the floor as it is hard to get out of the bottle properly. I mix the powder with my face cream from Paula's Choice (RESIST), and they combine well together. This is the last thing I put on before primer and other makeup. I usually let it sink in for a couple of minutes. It can tingle little the first 10-15 seconds, but not much, just so you can feel it working. I bought mine at the taxfree shop on Schiphol Airport, and got it for a really good price, but when I google it, I see it's cheaper than most C-vit powders (like, for example, Exuviance) and I will buy it again when my bottle is finished (I take one scoop in the mornings, and it has lasted for more than 6 months!).

on 8/17/2016 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i ran out of my C15 (paula's choice) but its and the shipping is way to expensive for me to repurchase. so i have been reading on vitamin c products from other brands. this came up. after reading reviews and stuff, i decided to give it a shot. it was on offer when i purchased it.

how i use it:
a) i only use this in the mornings.
b) i mix this with any thick/milky toners i have in my skincare arsenal. one scoop of vit c powder mixed in with the toner and apply it all over my face, neck and chest and whatever's left i apply on my hands and everywhere until nothing is left on my palm. i don't like to waste. i am not some beauty guru who get sent millions of beauty products to test so i don't have the luxury to waste products!
c) i will wait until it is set (1 or 2 minutes) then i will apply my spf in the amount recommended for it to achieve it's actual spf rating.

results:
a) sorry it is hard to actually rate this product on its own. i would say that it works in synergy with other products in my skincare routine. so, if it's been synergistically keeping my skin in good condition and not contributing to breakouts and other bs, i would say it's doing a good job.

few caveats though, which some is insignificant to me but worth mentioning:
a) it smells like rusty metal/fish. i don't care about it. some may do. beautiful fragrance is not what i am after, especially for my face. i have eau de parfum for that.
b) some may find the vit c powder in the small bottle is hard to scoop or messy or whatever. i don't. i learn quick. i persevere. i am patient. i will do it when it matters. my skin matters! i would scoop a fountain of youth from an underground tunnel any time.
c) other vit c products clearly stated 25% 20% 15% concentration. this does not. the powder contains 99.8% vitamin c in the form of ascorbic acid. when mixed in with toner/moisturizer, i have no idea how much is the percentage but i am sure it is very potent because it tingles if i am ruthless with my cleansing step or anything prior to applying vit c mixture.
d) if i over cleanse my face i will feel the tingle. i don't like tingles. so i make sure i don't over cleanse. read my other review on how and what product i use to cleanse my face.

in summary, it works in synergy with all other skincare products i am using. well, it is in a small bottle but in powder form and i am just using a scoop a day, it will last a long time and in turns, is cost effective.

on 4/1/2016 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I recently bought this from Ulta.com since it's not available in my country. the bottle is a little smaller than what I had expected. I'm using the powder according to the instructions; mixing it with my night creams etc. and it blends into the cream easily. so far I haven't seen any significant improvement. but I'll use the whole bottle and see what happens.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Since Vitamin C is supposed to protect your skin from future damage, it is hard to say in the short run if it's really working or not. But here is what I do know right now. I have been using this for about two months now, and I really like it. The powder formulation is a big pro for me because it is one less product to put on in the morning. I mix it with my morning lotion, put it on, wait five minutes, and put sunblock on top. Beats serum-waiting-lotion-waiting-sunscreen.

It dissolves easily into my water-based lotion without changing the texture, color or smell. I don't wear foundation, so I can't speak to that, but it hasn't had an effect on any of the makeup I do wear. I have put liquid concealer and powdered blush on top of it with no problem.

I only use half a scoop and if I go over that my face does flush and feel warm for the rest of the day. No stinging or burning, just warmth. I foolishly thought I was getting a fever the first few times it happened, but now I measure more carefully. One more thing-I've noticed that when I do get a pimple it seems to not last as long. It's almost like it can't settle into the skin, if that makes sense. Big pro there. Definitely recommend at least trying this once.

on 10/12/2015 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this before! I have been using this for many years -- I mix it with the Philosophy serum in the morning and absolutely love it! After reading reviews on MA about other vitamin C powders, I tried one and immediately broke out in pimples. I think there was too much acid in the generic powder. I tend to break out if I eat or drink highly acidic foods or drinks, so I should have expected that. Oh well, I won't be saving money in this department.

on 10/11/2015 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am actually not quite sure if I see any difference in my skin after using it for 2 months. I will keep using it since Vitamin c is supposed to be good for the skin. This comes as powder so it's nice to be able to mix it with my moisturizer. I put it on the morning. I did notice that it sometimes changes smell of my moisturizer at the end of the day. I can't quite describe it but a bit metallic. I have used couple other Vitamin C products that are like serum. I think I prefer the powder form more.

on 8/17/2015 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I don't believe skin care claims easily and I was absolutely determined to return this product if it didn't work. Well, guess what? It totally worked for me. I have dry skin and uneven pigment (dark spots) on my jawline. I mix about 3/4 of a scoop with my oil of Olay basic moisturizer ( I don't use the full scoop because I'm a little bit frugal and think I can make it last longer). I Think my skin looks much more even and more illuminated. Originally I tried mixing it with the regenerist moisturizer but it seemed to pill a little with that lotion.
I will definitely keep using this product!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Honestly this is my new holy Grail; it's better then I could have hoped. It has even out my skin tone and texture. It has made my pores smaller and it has even diminish my freckles; I love my freckles but I like to keep them in check. It does sting a little but I liked it. I've been mixing it in rosehip oil which work great during winter when I need more moisture and during the summer I've been adding it to Andalou revitalize serum.
For $38 it has last over six months and it's still going: I plan on repurchasing.

on 4/20/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i really really wanted to like this product because i got excited over all the positive reviews that ive come across but unfortunately i have wasted hard earned money over this. It made me break out the first day i used it and continuosly everyday i applied it to my face. As soon as i stopped using this product i had no new breakouts so for that reason only i cannot continue to use this product. Its a real shame as it has been a really good skincare product for many people so i guess im just one of the unlucky ones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I started using this product to help deal with a ton of old and on-going post inflammatory hyperpigmentation due to major acne happening since August 2014. I apply it after cleansing and toning by mixing it with my serum or face oil and put it all over my face/neck. I usually feel a temporary stinging/itchy feeling when I apply it on areas that I have inflamed acne spots. Sometimes I'll follow that with a moisturizer, sometimes not. Sometimes, I'll mix the powder with my moisturizer instead of the serum/oil. Regardless, I find that my skin has a tacky/sticky feel when using the powder and the product will peel up if you touch your face too much - so I only use this at night. I would never use this in the morning (unless I'm staying home all day) and not under makeup. As for the effect, I think there's a temporary brightening effect and good exfoliating effect when using this product as my skin looks calmer, brighter, and feels softer the morning after I use it and I think this helps me in the long run with dealing with PIH.