Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

on 6/12/2011 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Primer is okay but the product is overpriced for the length of time it lasts before it dries out. The mascara itself is nothing to write home about.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Doesn't give volume at all, but lengthens very well. Good mascara.

on 4/11/2009 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Another one of the few Maybelline mascaras (out of like their 300 they have out) that actually does something for me. At this point all I really want from a mascara is simple - for it to not irritate my eyes. Seriously. I'm sorry to be writing this on this particular review but soooo many mascaras out there have been itching and swelling the bejivis out of my lids. In any case, this mascara truly impressed me. It separates my lashes very very well, without looking clumpy. The formula is not too creamy, but not so dry either. The primer does add to the way it feels. I actually enjoy using it. The results I get from this mascara are phenomenal. My lashes look like fakes (similar to MAC's #7 lashes). So I couldn't ask for more...dark, separated, makes them curl, volume, length and NO irritation from this!
Will continue to purchase.
ADDING - Doesn't smudge (like my beloved L'oreal Carbon Black) or flake!!! JACKPOT!!!

on 11/9/2008 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Bought this for $7 at Wallgreens. At first too much product comes out onto brush, but after scrapping the brush just enough product comes off. Really defined, volumized and thickened lashes. Although my lashes weren't dramatically lengthened and untangled, a lash comb helped with that though. Overall pretty good.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this mascara even in soft black which I accidentally picked up oh well. I curl my lashes first then apply step one let it dry and put on step 2. If i want extra volume I'll use my colossal over that... Friggin awesome and for that price you can't beat it with a stick.
Pros:Makes lashes long,fluttery, and flirty
No CLUMPS! Oh yeah...
Easy to apply
Holds curl
In other words its pretty damn good...
BUT
the way the tube is designed the middle part that connects the two mascaras gets in the way...
I highly reccomend this.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was originally going to purchase the XXL Curl Power mascara when this caught my eye. I have been a long time fan of the Intense XXL formula but it has the tendency to make my lashes go a little wonky. The basecoat (step #1) of XXL Extensions "tames" lashes by "uncrossing unruly lashes and lock[ing] them into place". I don't really have an issue with untamed lashes but any mascara with the word "extensions" in the name is bound to get my hard earned money. The basecoat is more creamy and less fibrous than the Intense XXL bascoat. The brushes are soft and totally round. No flat slides, odd shapes or weird spikey bristles to have to contend with. The second step does a great job covering all of the white base coat on the first coat. It didn't create that faux lashes from a tube effect but delivered solid results. Not much in the way of volumizing though. It didn't claim to do anything for volume but it would have been a pleasant surprise. Overall, I am happy with my purchase. It was about $6 from Walmart.