Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Decent mascara but i am still on the hunt for my HG. The packaging is very sleek and classy, with two compartments, one for the primer and one for the mascara. The primer builds up my lashes really well but i think the shape of the brush causes most of the primer to cling to the middle of my lashes instead of the outer part which is what i want. The mascara goes over the primer and lengthens well. It makes my lashes look fanned out but it tends to clump my lashes together sometimes so it lookes like i have four, very long and very thick eyelashes lol. The mascara also doesnt cover the primer well and when i try to maneuver the brush to cover it, it ends up clumping my lashes even more. Overall, cheap, decent mascara that lengthens and volumizes pretty well but clumps. Will not be buying again bc i intend to explore other brands.

on 8/14/2010 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this mascara. I was in love with illegal lengths before it was discontinued, then moved on to xxl. I was hoping the xxl lash extensions would be like a combination of both...it is not.

The primer i sort of like, although it is a little tricky to get used to, as if you apply it from base to tip it just clumps. Badly. Tammy Fay Baker clumpy. So my tip is to just apply it to the very ends of your lashes, you can see the tiny fibers clinging to the tips and it does add length. So thats a half pro. Then the mascara. I hate it. It has a funny smell like lash stilleto and I'm pretty sure i could buy a no name mascara from the dolar store and it would do the same job.

So basically i paid $20 Au for a teeny bit of primer that i can only use on the tips of my lashes, that i have to team with colossal volume.

Save yourself the money girls, if you want long lashes, use Rimmel glamoureyes. I get asked if i'm wearing false lashes with that.

on 6/8/2010 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great product! I bought the waterproof mascara because of my constant obsession with the beach and make-up typically don't compliment each other. After hours in the sun and swimming the water I had no running and no flakes! My lashes looked longer and stayed that way even after I left the beach. My only complaint would be that this mascara adds length rather than fullness, so if you are looking for something to add volume I wouldn't recommend this to you. Now this is a two step product so when wearing the mascara sometimes you can see the white primer through the black top coat; you have to make sure you cover all the white or else you will have little white spots on you lashes.

on 1/26/2010 1:48:00 AM

My husband doesn't usually notice anything with my makeup. So, for him to ask if I was wearing falsies this mascara must be doing something. He also said it looked like my lashes were thicker. For me it has actually worked well. No flaking or clumps using 1 coat of base & 2 coats of mascara. I only wish the wand were longer. Definitely would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This morning was the first time to try this new mascara. I have very short lashes to begin with. First, I applied the topcoat - it goes on pretty smooth. Second, I applied the top coat.that actually has the color on the wand. After applying, I could see a difference in my lashes right away. They looked a lot more full & longer. However, it didn't give me much volume. Overall it is a pretty good mascara, for the price.

on 3/17/2009 3:43:00 PM

i bought this for my homecoming dance. i wanted dramatic length. this did not deliver. well it did once, after id had it for over 6 months. First time i used it it did NOTHING except make my lashes darker. didnt add length or volume. i stopped using it then i tried it again one night and it made them look SOOOOOOO full and long but ith like 6 coats. it didnt clump s o i was incredibly happy. i tried it again the next morning for school and got NOTHING!!!! i guess its a hit an miss with this one. deffinitly not buying again.

on 3/1/2009 11:55:00 AM

Usually I am not drawn to maybelline products that much--i dont know why. But I decided to give this mascara a try because of the BOGO sale at Rite aid. I guess it lengthens nice but I really dont like the packaging and the fact that you have to have a primer to achieve those lashes. I would rather have a mascara that achieves long, voluminous lashes with one step. Anyways, the formula seems a little dry and usually my lashes curve a little with a mascara-without curling the lashes_ but this mascara kind of made them straight.

It is just an okay mascara for me, but it was fun to try it out :)

on 11/21/2008 5:39:00 PM

I thought this was just OK. The upside: it did hold the curl pretty well, even though it wasn't waterproof. And my lashes did look longer, but not dramatically.However, it provided no volume whatsoever and produced somewhat of a stick-like effect. I just bought it because there was a coupon attached. Overall - wouldn't buy again, but wouldn't toss it either.

on 9/30/2008 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I got more volume than I expected. Length is okay but not mind-blowing. I really like the rich black lushness. It's BOGOF time at Rite Aid, so it was 2/$8.19. Not bad. I'd buy this again, but I still prefer my CG Lash Blast which is only one-step.