Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

on 8/8/2011 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this mascara because I am a Maybelline fan. However, this mascara gives you spider-leg-like lashes. At first, I absolutely hated this after using my Maybelline's Full n' Soft mascara because XXL felt hard compared to Full n' Soft, and I also do not like the feeling of having makeup on. This mascara did provide lengthening and really helped thicken my lashes, but I would not recommend using it alone. It doesn't really leave any clumps of mascara, but it clumps a few lashes together, which gives the spider-leg-like look as I mentioned before. Also, I found that the waterproof version is IMPOSSIBLE to wash off with soap or makeup removing wipes. However, Vaseline will help get off all the mascara. It's inability to wash off may be helpful if you are going to be out for long, swimming, etc. I find that this mascara stays on all day and night when I'm cheering at a football game or when I go to a dance. Just BEWARE OF SPIDER LEGS, but I do definitely like this mascara with a more soft, natural, defining mascara. Otherwise, do not get this mascara if you want a mascara that is one-step, quick and easy.

on 10/21/2010 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

was a no for me. didnt do much to my eyelashes. just darkened them; i didnt get length, i didnt get volume. having said this, it wasnt clumpy and the brush was good quality. it combed through my lashed well and it didnt flake off during the day.

you dont get much out of the product because it is a dual-ended mascara, so in actual fact youre getting less of the black mascara as opposed to if you were to buy a normal tube for the same price.
i would suggest to buy a primer if you like to prime, and a normal full tubed mascara cause then youll get twice the dose. ill stick to the colossal because this really didnt do anything.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

i decided to try out this mascara after wandering around looking for a new one for quite some time now, and since all the double wand mascaras were coming in at the time, i decided to see if it actually worked.
i have average length eyelashes, and for me i have to put many layers of the white coat and the black coat on, to make it really work.
i got XXL extensions for $9.95, but i think they've raised the price to $12.95, which isn't that much of a difference.

overall, this was an okay mascara, at first i thought it worked wonders, but now that i have tried other mascaras, this one doesn't even do half the job some of the other mascaras do, so i wouldn't buy it again.

on 8/9/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Im on the fence with this mascara. I originally went in to buy Colossal but came across this first n decided to try it. The white primer(or whatever its called) went on nicely. It seperated my lashes. I found it a bit hard to actually apply the mascara itself but once i did get it on evenly, i felt like it was a tiny bit clumpy.(maybe i didnt apply the white primer on properly/evenly) My boyfriend looked at me n said, something is different LOL so i guess it did add some length n volume but im not 100% satisfied with this product. It flaked a bit n i did notice after a few hours (i was out in the sun for a bit) that it came off rather easily n i did purchase the waterproof kind. It's ten times better than Falsies and Stilletto but im not sure if its better than cover girls lash blast mascara. Im not 100% pleased with lash blast because the waterproof kind is nice and thick but clumps easily AND ive noticed it has caused a lash or two to fall off and it doesnt come off unless u use make up remover. HOWEVER, I have yet to find something better than that mascara but this one comes pretty close mainly because of the white primer. There is a slight possibility that i might purschase this again.
Still tryin to find my staple mascara lol
Ok so i totally changed my mind about this mascara. IT TOTALLY SUCKS! LOL the white primer i still think is great but the mascara sucks! It smells horrible n also it smudges like crazy. By the time i got the club (with the combination of hotness n smoke) i looked like a racoon. On top of that it made my eyes really burn. So now im jus gona use the white primer with another mascara until its finished. Im now gona move onto rimmel n c wat the have to offer

on 12/17/2009 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My lashes look amazing with this mascara and believe me I tried many. I love the effect of fake lashes but I don't want to wear them every day!!!!! This does the trick for me. It's great.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The first time I tried this mascara, I thought it was amazing. It lengthened my lashed by a country mile. No clumps, and a reasonable volume. It also made my lashes feel softer than any other mascara I ever put on. I don't know if that counts for anything but whatever, lol. And I think the packaging is pretty cute.

The only problem I have with this mascara and mostly all the mascaras I ever tried is that it doesn't hold my curl. I don't have very long lashes but I don't have very short ones either. I went through a LOT of mascaras over the years and I've only found one that holds my curl (Maybelline Full n Soft). But yeah, maybe I could try to pair the primer with other mascaras. :D

on 6/21/2009 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Yesur :) Love this product it makes my lashes so long better than most Ive gotten in my opinion its better than lash blast by covergirl it makes my lashes look so long love it i would soo buy it again!

on 2/27/2009 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a review comparing the XXL Extension with the Intense XXL.

The Maybelline Intense XXL version of this mascara that came out before the XXL Extension version was my HG mascara. I purchased the XXL Extension because I was curious, after reading the reviews on MUA, why this had higher reviews than the Intense XXL.

Compared with the Intense version, Step 1 of the XXL Extension (the white primer part) works much better. My lashes become much more dense and it lengthens very well. I suppose that is why this version is called "XXL Extension." However, Step 2 of the XXL Extension does not work as well as Step 2 on the Intense version. For some reason, the formula seems more dry so it does not coat the lashes as well. As a result, it does not build up volume and it does not coat the "white" lashes as well.

Between the two, I prefer the Intense XXL version.

on 2/16/2009 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This one is just okay....nice everyday mascara...I might use the base with another mascara.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Let me first off start by saying, I am a big skeptic when it comes to purchasing mascara products that claim to give those "false lash looks" simply because none of them have actually lived up to half of what they claimed. I've tried too face pinpoint, chanel inmatible(not sure if i spelled that right)and got bit of other mascaras. I happen to be browsing on you tube for reviews on the maybelline stiletto, when i came across this mascara. A girl raved about how awesome this product was and judging from what I saw on the camera, i figured it couldnt be any worse than the mascara's i had pruchased in the past. I LOVE THIS MASCARA This mascara actually does give you something close to a false, but natural lash. With one coat, my roomate/friend(who is not very into makeup)noticed the difference immediately. Im not going to say you will get those mac false lash looks, but you will get damn near close to it with this mascara. The wand isn't all that bad and I find it pretty fair to work with. Would I recommend you purchase this product as a part of your collection.....definately yes.

Edit: While I still think this mascara is pretty good, sometimes I notice it does clump, so if you get this mascara, its best to purchase a mascara comb to comb out the little bit of clumps it gives. Overall I still like it and will update you girls/guys on this product when I get my mascara comb to give you my overall opinion :)