Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 19-24
Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

on 12/21/2010 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really did enjoy this mascara. It made my eyelashes look VERY long (and I have short to medium lashes) and doll like. I did have a few issues with it though. It seemed to run out more quickly than past mascaras I have used, and it would often smudge on to the area under my eyes and it looked like I was crying (this was with the WATERPROOF version) and that was definitely annoying. I'd also have to reapply it a few times throughout the day. I'm still on the fence deciding if those drawbacks are worth the amazing length I got from using this product.

on 5/7/2010 4:42:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

A great mascara for lengthening but not for volume, which is what i look for in a mascara.
I find the wands hard to use just because they are short and the bit you hold onto is quite fat.

It did lengthen quite a bit, However, its a bit fibery looking. It does separate nicely, more so than other 2 step formulas I've tried and I love that it's not heavy at all. I did 1 coat of the white and 2 coats of the mascara and my lashes feel like I have nothing on them. I would not buy again only because I don't like the fibery look.

Edit- I reviewed before removing for the night. I didn't realize that the formula was waterproof (it doesn't say it in large enough lettering and the packaging is the exact same as the regular formula) and it ripped my lashes out when I took my makeup off. I was also removing residue for 3 days after. I took it right back and got a refund.

on 7/31/2009 2:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I was really impressed with this. I didn't think it would work, but my lashes look a lot longer. It does clump if you let the primer dry, and if you have residue from the day before on your lashes. I like to moisturize my lashes first with a makeup remover, so the primer glides on easier. I think the packaging is convenient, but you don't get a whole lot of product for the price.

Overall, I think that this is a good buy.

Eh, another mascara that will get chucked out. It wasn't the worst mascara I've ever use, but for the 2 step process it was hardy worth the results. I found that it clumped easily, and I couldn't apply more then one coat or else I'd look like a child who had played around with her mother mascara! I also tried just using the mascara side and ended up with really weak looking lashes. Definitely wont be repurchasing

on 3/10/2009 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Alrighty...where to begin...
Well I guess I could just cut to the chase and say that it is a horrible mascara but that would take the fun out of writing a review!
So I was doing my weekly new product scouting at Wal-Mart when I came across a big flashy "New" sign. Intrigued I went over to investigate! Underneath the sign was a row of Maybelline's newest addition to the XXL mascara family! XXL Extentions! Alrighty so I was drawn in! I already have long eyelashes but I always like to be extreme with them and get the false eyelash look. I read up on it and it seemed simple enough. I know many people who use the original XXL mascara and they have the most lovely lashes. So in the basket it went.
I wasn't thrilled paying $10.00CDN for it, but of course I was secretly hoping it was going to live up to it it's promise and be worth every penny.
Well now I understand why Wal-Mart doesn't have a return policy on makeup anymore...
This stuff is horrible! It makes my lashes stick together, it clumps, it flakes...it looks so bad after applying it that I half to wash it off. Every freaking time I attempt to wear it, it crashes and burns. Now I shouldn't say that every bit of this mascara is awful...I mean the base really does a fantastic job of making my lashes full and long. However you really can't walk out of the house wearing snow white mascara now can ya?
Alas it has gained a spot in the "Won't Ever Use Again" makeup case. It is too bad because I am sure if I gave this to my friends they would have the most beautiful, long lashes going.
Oh well, the hunt continues for the perfect mascara!

I stopped using this for a while, but I was looking at old pictures of myself the other day and was amazed at how awesome my lashes looked. It looked like I was wearing fake ones. I thought about what I used to use and realize that it was the XXL extensions. I started using this all over again, I have no idea why I stopped. the two steps are kinda a pain, but I love the final result. dramatic and bold, just how I like my lashes.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really love this mascara. I was madly in love with the XXL intense, but this is my new love affair. Makes my eyelashes beautiful and super long. I put it on and went grocery shopping today and got soo many compliments from friends and 2 strangers. I didn't have any flaking, it's easy to wash off, and it really does look like I'm wearing false eyelashes. They're also soft and not spidery looking. I will buy this forever as long as they keep it on the shelves. I will never be without this. A perfect 10!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Pretty good for a drugstore mascara! I usually buy higher end mascara, but I saw a commercial for Beauty tubes mascara, and accidently mistook it for this product. It lengthens my lashes a lot, but as others have said, it doesn't separate very well. Oh well, I will continue my search for the perfect mascara!

This is an average product, but I liked it. I got it at Wal-Mart for $6. The 1st step primer does do a good job at setting the lashes into place. The second step coats the lashes and lengthens them a bit, but not to the point of the fake eye lash length. I was hoping for a bit more length so minus one lippie. Overall its an ok product, no volume really, but it doesn't clame to give any. My lashes do look dark and a bit longer which is nice so I would possibly buy this again.