Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

Recommend this for beginners wanting a primer/mascara duo. I love this because it lengthens great and volumizes almost as good. The primer actually does its job rather than just lighten lashes. Pricing is good- bought for less than 7 dollars at target

on 10/25/2011 8:37:00 PM

Package says it is waterproof but in 2 hours had dripped down my face!

on 12/21/2010 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really did enjoy this mascara. It made my eyelashes look VERY long (and I have short to medium lashes) and doll like. I did have a few issues with it though. It seemed to run out more quickly than past mascaras I have used, and it would often smudge on to the area under my eyes and it looked like I was crying (this was with the WATERPROOF version) and that was definitely annoying. I'd also have to reapply it a few times throughout the day. I'm still on the fence deciding if those drawbacks are worth the amazing length I got from using this product.

on 6/4/2010 12:56:00 PM

I liked this mascara, it lengthened and volumized my lashes, but it does flake. it is also pretty expensive, but you only get 4.4 ml per side. compared to covergirl lashblast , which is cheaper, and you get 13 ml!
i felt stressed trying to used the white primer also so i wouldnt use too much of the black mascara. but its hard to completely cover all the white , and can make your lashes clumpy if you apply too many coats.
overall, i'd rate it 7 out of 10

on 5/7/2010 4:42:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

A great mascara for lengthening but not for volume, which is what i look for in a mascara.
I find the wands hard to use just because they are short and the bit you hold onto is quite fat.

on 4/9/2010 6:32:00 PM

I really like this mascara!
When I first started using this, which was about 6 months ago, I would put the primer on (white), let it dry and then put on the second part(the mascara). I hated how it was clumpy etc until I realized why it was like that!
If you don't let it dry and put the mascara over the primer asap then its a really nice mascara. I love how long my lashes look and its not clumpy... I also find it gives a bit of volume!

on 3/7/2010 4:16:00 AM

This is OK. The white undercoat part has the lengthening microfibres and the black overcoat doesn't, so this means if you wait too long after you've put on the lengthening white part and it dries too much, you get spider effect and it just looks way Tammy Winnette. It looks all dry and try hard.

If you don't wait long enough until the white part dries, the extensions get pulled off your lashes and using the extension primer was a waste of time. So, it's all a little tricky.

I prefer Bourjois Coup de Theatre 2 in 1, which has the micrfibres in the actual black mascara. Less mucking around, less freaky looking but still great length.

on 2/18/2010 5:38:00 PM

I bought this product a few months ago, and unfortunatley, I lost it! However, I am considering repurchasing because I liked it so much! I used the primer first, which comes out white, so then I used a darker mascara, sometimes I used the one on the other end, but other times I mixed it up and added another mascara, like Stilletto. It gives me a very defined, full look, that actually lasts!

It did lengthen quite a bit, However, its a bit fibery looking. It does separate nicely, more so than other 2 step formulas I've tried and I love that it's not heavy at all. I did 1 coat of the white and 2 coats of the mascara and my lashes feel like I have nothing on them. I would not buy again only because I don't like the fibery look.

Edit- I reviewed before removing for the night. I didn't realize that the formula was waterproof (it doesn't say it in large enough lettering and the packaging is the exact same as the regular formula) and it ripped my lashes out when I took my makeup off. I was also removing residue for 3 days after. I took it right back and got a refund.

on 2/9/2010 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Maybelline XXL Extensions is my absolute favorite mascara. I use it every day. I already have somewhat long and thick lashes, but this mascara brings it up a few notches. My lashes look amazingly fake, and I love it. The only problem I have with this great mascara is that it flakes a bit, nothing too bad. I would definitely repurchase this product again and again.