Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love it!! Once again this mascara also has two sides like the XXL Pro Volume Waterproof Mascara by Maybelline but this product really helps give your lashes that extra length =) it has a slight smell to it, but all mascaras do! I would definately reccomend to try it out =)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I wanted to like it based on price and reviews but unfortunately it didn't pan out for me.

I have Asian mono-lid eyes so that could have been the problem but I found the mascara runny. After 2 hours of wearing it, I would have raccoon eyes.

I tested the Maybelline primer on 1 eye and the Christian Dior Lash Serum on the other and the Maybelline mascara would still leave me with raccoon eyes. Of course the eye with Christian Dior Lash serum wasn't as bad as the Maybelline primer. So definitely not waterproof as advertised. . Although, the mascara did lengthen and added volume to my lashes which I appreciated.

I found the brush way too long and big so if you have small eyes it was difficult to maneuver around the inner lids.

Luckily, the mascara was dirt cheap but definitely would not repurchase.

The hunt continues for a cheaper primer alternative to the Christian Dior Lash Serum.

I like the mascara side a lot but the primer isn't so good for my lashes. I have pretty long lashes already but when I use the primer my lashes get all clumpy and spider-ish. Maybe I just don't know how to use it properly.

on 2/21/2011 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

ugh..not the best mascara ive used actually one of the worst. the primer isnt bad though i sometimes use it with other mascaras. well first of all the formula is SUPER WET. which i hate it takes soooo long to dry on your lashes its real goopy. it does hold a curl very well but thats the only good thing. sometimes i will curl my lashes and put a VERY small amount on the base of my lashes to keep the curl but for a use of a regular all over mascara this is way to wet. even after weeks the mascara didnt even dry alittle in the tube. the brush isnt really anything special either.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

the only thing I like about this mascara is the white end, which i use then top it with my other mascaras.. I've only used the black side once, and its a huge disappointment.

I would love it if Maybelline comes out with only the primer side. that way I can get enough product and dont have to waste money at the same time.

I can't believe all the horrible reviews for this! woah it goes to show you ladies that what product may work for one may not for another! different mascaras work differently for everyone. I purchased this a few days ago and i am impressed for the price i felt it delivered really accurate results, I wore it the last couple of days and im getting asked quite frequently if i am wearing false lashes, the only problem i have is that it does take atleast for 4 coats and brush building to get the results i want, thats why i rated this product a 4, other than that i will buy again

So I don't quite understand all the negative comments on this product. I actually kinda like it. Granted I'm somewhat of a mascara virgin (I used to HATE wearing mascara), but I'm working my way around. I was slightly hesitant to buying this due to the poor reviews, but I was at Walgreen's and decided to take a chance (and in any case if I didn't like it, I could always return it). Let's just start with the primer side. I haven't ever used a mascara primer, but for what I have I can tell that it somewhat lengthens and "plumps" my lashes. The mascara side is so-so. It's nothing extraordinary, but it does the job. The only thing that I don't like about it is the fact that the mascara clumps if I put too much on at one time but it's really not that big of a deal to me. I have yet to find a mascara that doesn't clump for me and in any case, I can always comb the clumps out. Another thing is that I almost always have to put at least two layers of mascara on to cover up the primer. Also, the packaging seems kinda bulky to me. But these are all things that I can overlook and aren't a deal breaker to me. I like this mascara and the look it gives me (full and long lashes) and will continue to use this unless I find something better. Not exactly HG worthy, but it's definitely a keeper for now.

on 8/23/2010 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was the first Maybelline mascara i've ever tried,,i was intrigued by the idea of primer+mascara but unfortunately this mascara failed my Asian lashes miserably..the primer side does not do anything for me, it doesnt hold a curl and doesnt prevent smudging,,i thought it would at least plump up the lashes a little bit but it didnt even do that..the mascara side is pretty average too, nothing really stood out for me..i thought together they'd be a perfect combo to give me long and fat lashes (hence the name XXL Extensions) but in the end,it just did not work for me at all..im very disappointed by Maybelline i thought their mascaras are best of drugstore, i like my L'oreal telescopic mascara so much better.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product because I was trying to find a cheaper mascara and wanted to try a primer to see if it would help mascara stick a little better to my slightly oily lashes. I love the primer, it helps my Lancome mascara stay on all day without flaking and makes my fairly long lashes look even longer. When I used the primer with the maybelline mascara the mascara flaked off within a few hours and I looked like a raccoon. I might buy this again just to use the primer but I will never use the mascara again.

on 12/31/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product. It didn't do anything amazing to my lashes, I find it to be an ordinary mascara. Not alot of lengthening or volumizing. It does flake. However, it does hold my curl well. I'd probably use this if i want a really natural look, but hey that's just me (=