Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Curly age: 19-24
Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.0

on 8/9/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Im on the fence with this mascara. I originally went in to buy Colossal but came across this first n decided to try it. The white primer(or whatever its called) went on nicely. It seperated my lashes. I found it a bit hard to actually apply the mascara itself but once i did get it on evenly, i felt like it was a tiny bit clumpy.(maybe i didnt apply the white primer on properly/evenly) My boyfriend looked at me n said, something is different LOL so i guess it did add some length n volume but im not 100% satisfied with this product. It flaked a bit n i did notice after a few hours (i was out in the sun for a bit) that it came off rather easily n i did purchase the waterproof kind. It's ten times better than Falsies and Stilletto but im not sure if its better than cover girls lash blast mascara. Im not 100% pleased with lash blast because the waterproof kind is nice and thick but clumps easily AND ive noticed it has caused a lash or two to fall off and it doesnt come off unless u use make up remover. HOWEVER, I have yet to find something better than that mascara but this one comes pretty close mainly because of the white primer. There is a slight possibility that i might purschase this again.
Still tryin to find my staple mascara lol
Ok so i totally changed my mind about this mascara. IT TOTALLY SUCKS! LOL the white primer i still think is great but the mascara sucks! It smells horrible n also it smudges like crazy. By the time i got the club (with the combination of hotness n smoke) i looked like a racoon. On top of that it made my eyes really burn. So now im jus gona use the white primer with another mascara until its finished. Im now gona move onto rimmel n c wat the have to offer

on 5/7/2010 4:42:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

A great mascara for lengthening but not for volume, which is what i look for in a mascara.
I find the wands hard to use just because they are short and the bit you hold onto is quite fat.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This mascara is the best thing that has ever happened to my face. Seriously. If I could only own one cosmetic product, it would be this.

I really layer this stuff on - probably 5-6 coats of base and 2-3 coats of mascara. It holds up to this really well, doesn't look cakey or stiff, and doesn't clump. My lashes look absolutely fake - in a good way!

If you layer this on like I do, it's dramatic enough that you don't need any other makeup at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

i think i would get this product again, it does what it says it's supposed to do. i should have read the product details before purchasing though. this mascara's objectives are different than the older version of XXL, which is meant to thicken and lengthen using fibre mascara. however, this product is just to stiffen unruly lashes that usually don't stay in place. i think i like the older version of XXL more than this one, but this mascara is more for natural looking long lashes, while the other mascara gives a more false eyelash effect.

lasts all day. doesn't flake or smudge. doesn't clump. not too thick. applies relatively easily. gets kind of crispy lashes.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

*Sigh* Dear Maybelline, Why do you have to name this "XXL Extensions" and It doesn't give me "lash extensions"?? I bought this because Maybelline was 50% off at the store a little while ago. I've been using it, but I reaaaallllly realllllly dislike it. You have to put the white layer on 1st, and really, you should probably only put it near the ends of your lashes if you want legnth. But if you decide to coat all of your lashes with it because you want volume AND length.. you're going to have heck of a time covering it all with the black side. One thing I really don't like is, that the brush on both sides are exactly the same. Shouldn't the brush on the white side be smaller or something, or at least the brush on the mascara side be bigger?? Well, whatever. It doesn't give me any extra length.. and it flakes off during the day, because by the end of the night my lashes are all GRAY. because the black is going bye bye and the white is going hiii!!!! I do like how black it is, if it worked it would be amazing, but it didn't do it for me :( And I will not repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I loathed this product. It didn't give lenght or volume at all....the primer and mascara were totally ineffectual and assy. It didn't clump but my lashes were so thin and sparse there was nothing for clumps to attach to. Hated it. Threw my tube out and will never buy again.