Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

on 1/27/2012 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE THIS MASCARA...DEF MY HG! Iusually read reviews and when people say Ialways come back to this, I don't getit,because Ilike to switch things around, but I have to say I def do always come back this. I love it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Decent mascara but i am still on the hunt for my HG. The packaging is very sleek and classy, with two compartments, one for the primer and one for the mascara. The primer builds up my lashes really well but i think the shape of the brush causes most of the primer to cling to the middle of my lashes instead of the outer part which is what i want. The mascara goes over the primer and lengthens well. It makes my lashes look fanned out but it tends to clump my lashes together sometimes so it lookes like i have four, very long and very thick eyelashes lol. The mascara also doesnt cover the primer well and when i try to maneuver the brush to cover it, it ends up clumping my lashes even more. Overall, cheap, decent mascara that lengthens and volumizes pretty well but clumps. Will not be buying again bc i intend to explore other brands.

on 3/15/2011 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

this mascara is pretty good! i love the primer, it helped hold the curl but not that good. but it did lengthen my lashes and make them stand out. i recommend this mascara for beginners, and pretty much everyone!

I like the mascara side a lot but the primer isn't so good for my lashes. I have pretty long lashes already but when I use the primer my lashes get all clumpy and spider-ish. Maybe I just don't know how to use it properly.

on 2/21/2011 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

ugh..not the best mascara ive used actually one of the worst. the primer isnt bad though i sometimes use it with other mascaras. well first of all the formula is SUPER WET. which i hate it takes soooo long to dry on your lashes its real goopy. it does hold a curl very well but thats the only good thing. sometimes i will curl my lashes and put a VERY small amount on the base of my lashes to keep the curl but for a use of a regular all over mascara this is way to wet. even after weeks the mascara didnt even dry alittle in the tube. the brush isnt really anything special either.

on 1/19/2011 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Dang girls, what's with the bad reviews?! I loved this mascara! The primer worked for me, it really made my lashes look very long and voluminous. It stayed put and didn't smudge or flake. I took a lippy off because I feel like the primer dries out a bit too fast. But I'll still repurchase!

on 10/21/2010 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

was a no for me. didnt do much to my eyelashes. just darkened them; i didnt get length, i didnt get volume. having said this, it wasnt clumpy and the brush was good quality. it combed through my lashed well and it didnt flake off during the day.

you dont get much out of the product because it is a dual-ended mascara, so in actual fact youre getting less of the black mascara as opposed to if you were to buy a normal tube for the same price.
i would suggest to buy a primer if you like to prime, and a normal full tubed mascara cause then youll get twice the dose. ill stick to the colossal because this really didnt do anything.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This mascara is so-so. The primer goes on well but the mascara doesn't go on very well over it. It didn't do much for my lashes in the end. LashBlast Fusion will always be my very favorite. I actually decided to buy this instead of LashBlast Fusion >:/ I shouldn't have done that.

on 8/23/2010 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was the first Maybelline mascara i've ever tried,,i was intrigued by the idea of primer+mascara but unfortunately this mascara failed my Asian lashes miserably..the primer side does not do anything for me, it doesnt hold a curl and doesnt prevent smudging,,i thought it would at least plump up the lashes a little bit but it didnt even do that..the mascara side is pretty average too, nothing really stood out for me..i thought together they'd be a perfect combo to give me long and fat lashes (hence the name XXL Extensions) but in the end,it just did not work for me at all..im very disappointed by Maybelline i thought their mascaras are best of drugstore, i like my L'oreal telescopic mascara so much better.

This is a decent mascara - I find that its curling power, lengthening, and volumizing are all pretty decent - just not AMAZING. I will use up my tube, but probably move on to trying some other mascaras.

EDIT: I find myself reaching for this mascara from time to time again, I have to say that it's probably my favorite drugstore mascara that I've tried so far. Clumping can be an issue if you're putting on multiple coats for volume, but a run through with the lash comb helps alleviate this. I tried applying it today by applying the primer, then mascara, then primer again, then mascara, and it worked out pretty nicely for my straight, Asian lashes. FYI, drugstore mascaras I've tried: Full 'n Soft, Lash Exact, Voluminous, Telescopic... probably more that I've forgotten about. It is my favorite out of those, though. And it doesn't seem to dry out quickly - I've had my tube for quite awhile, so that makes up for the smaller amounts of product in the tube. I will bump my rating to 5/5, since this has been my favorite drugstore mascara (despite the non-rave reviews from many others here).