Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I wanted to like it based on price and reviews but unfortunately it didn't pan out for me.

I have Asian mono-lid eyes so that could have been the problem but I found the mascara runny. After 2 hours of wearing it, I would have raccoon eyes.

I tested the Maybelline primer on 1 eye and the Christian Dior Lash Serum on the other and the Maybelline mascara would still leave me with raccoon eyes. Of course the eye with Christian Dior Lash serum wasn't as bad as the Maybelline primer. So definitely not waterproof as advertised. . Although, the mascara did lengthen and added volume to my lashes which I appreciated.

I found the brush way too long and big so if you have small eyes it was difficult to maneuver around the inner lids.

Luckily, the mascara was dirt cheap but definitely would not repurchase.

The hunt continues for a cheaper primer alternative to the Christian Dior Lash Serum.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

the only thing I like about this mascara is the white end, which i use then top it with my other mascaras.. I've only used the black side once, and its a huge disappointment.

I would love it if Maybelline comes out with only the primer side. that way I can get enough product and dont have to waste money at the same time.

This is one of only two mascaras I've ever repurchased, and a plus is that it's pretty cheap these days. It lengthens really well, though there is no volume, so lashes can look a bit spindly. I find that adding Lash Blast, my favourite mascara, over the top (of either the primer and/or mascara) adds enough thickness to give more dramatic lashes. The brush is nice, though I find that a lot of product comes out, so I have to wipe it off on the side.

on 1/6/2011 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this mascara but this just didn't live up to it. I find the primer useless since it did little for my lashes and it does not go well after coating the black mascara on afterwards. Not ony the primer does little, it makes my lashes later feel really uncomfortable. The mascara without primer is so so. The only pro is that I actually liked the mascara wand.

Not a fan, will not repurchase.

This is a pretty decent mascara. First you coat your lashes with the white primer, which I find adds both length and volume. You then apply the mascara on your primed lashes. You have to apply the mascara before the primer completely dries because otherwise it is clump and flake city. You also have to be careful to cover all the primer, because the white is bright and very noticeable. I think there are better mascaras out there, but this is a solid product.

Pros Comments: The packaging is fine since it has a base primer coat and a mascara coat, so I like the idea of two mascara in one. I do also like that the primer coat is white so that it allows me to see where I need to put the mascara and if I missed any places.

Cons comments: The one I bought is waterproof, but for me, I don't think it really is waterproof. When I wear it alone and even with eye primer, it still seems to come off or leave smudges on my eye, even just after one to two hours wear. It does give me extensions, but they are not long enough (even after two-three coats). I am not sure how long of extensions they should be, but the extensions I get just seems to be short extensions. For me personally, I like longer extensions. I see this mascara as more of a thickening lashes look than a longer extension lashes look.

Suggestions: I think to make this product much better, they should work on it to really be wearable for longer periods. Compared to one of their other mascara that I used previously, and I don't remember the name but it is part of the XXL collection (I believe it was the one with the white stripes), I liked that one better.

Overall: My rating of this product would be a 3. I am still a fan of Maybelline products, but for this mascara, I probably won't buy it again as it was not the one for me.

Thanks for reading!! :)

on 4/9/2010 6:32:00 PM

I really like this mascara!
When I first started using this, which was about 6 months ago, I would put the primer on (white), let it dry and then put on the second part(the mascara). I hated how it was clumpy etc until I realized why it was like that!
If you don't let it dry and put the mascara over the primer asap then its a really nice mascara. I love how long my lashes look and its not clumpy... I also find it gives a bit of volume!

on 2/9/2010 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Maybelline XXL Extensions is my absolute favorite mascara. I use it every day. I already have somewhat long and thick lashes, but this mascara brings it up a few notches. My lashes look amazingly fake, and I love it. The only problem I have with this great mascara is that it flakes a bit, nothing too bad. I would definitely repurchase this product again and again.

I picked one of these at CVS because I can't pass up a 50% off mascara! One thing I liked about this mascara was that it didn't clump. My eyelashes are really nicely separated. I normally don't have to curl my eyelashes, but this mascara seemed to have made them kind of straight. I don't know why, no other mascara does this to me. I also didn't find that my lashes looked any longer than normal.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The first time I tried this mascara, I thought it was amazing. It lengthened my lashed by a country mile. No clumps, and a reasonable volume. It also made my lashes feel softer than any other mascara I ever put on. I don't know if that counts for anything but whatever, lol. And I think the packaging is pretty cute.

The only problem I have with this mascara and mostly all the mascaras I ever tried is that it doesn't hold my curl. I don't have very long lashes but I don't have very short ones either. I went through a LOT of mascaras over the years and I've only found one that holds my curl (Maybelline Full n Soft). But yeah, maybe I could try to pair the primer with other mascaras. :D