Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

on 1/27/2012 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE THIS MASCARA...DEF MY HG! Iusually read reviews and when people say Ialways come back to this, I don't getit,because Ilike to switch things around, but I have to say I def do always come back this. I love it!

on 3/5/2011 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Omg what's with the negative comments? Really, mascara doesn't work from one person to another. I'm a sucker for mascara and this one is the best! Good for daily use, gives a super duper lengthening power and decent volume. Separates the lashes well, no flaking and smudging. What I hate about this is the white primer cannot be easily covered by the mascara itself, but if you ask me if I will repurchase this mascara again? YES YES YES!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

the only thing I like about this mascara is the white end, which i use then top it with my other mascaras.. I've only used the black side once, and its a huge disappointment.

I would love it if Maybelline comes out with only the primer side. that way I can get enough product and dont have to waste money at the same time.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

i decided to try out this mascara after wandering around looking for a new one for quite some time now, and since all the double wand mascaras were coming in at the time, i decided to see if it actually worked.
i have average length eyelashes, and for me i have to put many layers of the white coat and the black coat on, to make it really work.
i got XXL extensions for $9.95, but i think they've raised the price to $12.95, which isn't that much of a difference.

overall, this was an okay mascara, at first i thought it worked wonders, but now that i have tried other mascaras, this one doesn't even do half the job some of the other mascaras do, so i wouldn't buy it again.

on 8/9/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Im on the fence with this mascara. I originally went in to buy Colossal but came across this first n decided to try it. The white primer(or whatever its called) went on nicely. It seperated my lashes. I found it a bit hard to actually apply the mascara itself but once i did get it on evenly, i felt like it was a tiny bit clumpy.(maybe i didnt apply the white primer on properly/evenly) My boyfriend looked at me n said, something is different LOL so i guess it did add some length n volume but im not 100% satisfied with this product. It flaked a bit n i did notice after a few hours (i was out in the sun for a bit) that it came off rather easily n i did purchase the waterproof kind. It's ten times better than Falsies and Stilletto but im not sure if its better than cover girls lash blast mascara. Im not 100% pleased with lash blast because the waterproof kind is nice and thick but clumps easily AND ive noticed it has caused a lash or two to fall off and it doesnt come off unless u use make up remover. HOWEVER, I have yet to find something better than that mascara but this one comes pretty close mainly because of the white primer. There is a slight possibility that i might purschase this again.
Still tryin to find my staple mascara lol
Ok so i totally changed my mind about this mascara. IT TOTALLY SUCKS! LOL the white primer i still think is great but the mascara sucks! It smells horrible n also it smudges like crazy. By the time i got the club (with the combination of hotness n smoke) i looked like a racoon. On top of that it made my eyes really burn. So now im jus gona use the white primer with another mascara until its finished. Im now gona move onto rimmel n c wat the have to offer

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mascara makes my eyes very irritated and makes my lashes actually appear skinny and short kinda like spider legs def wouldn't buy again and its expensive for a drugstore brand this was like $8 or $9

It did lengthen quite a bit, However, its a bit fibery looking. It does separate nicely, more so than other 2 step formulas I've tried and I love that it's not heavy at all. I did 1 coat of the white and 2 coats of the mascara and my lashes feel like I have nothing on them. I would not buy again only because I don't like the fibery look.

Edit- I reviewed before removing for the night. I didn't realize that the formula was waterproof (it doesn't say it in large enough lettering and the packaging is the exact same as the regular formula) and it ripped my lashes out when I took my makeup off. I was also removing residue for 3 days after. I took it right back and got a refund.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

i think i would get this product again, it does what it says it's supposed to do. i should have read the product details before purchasing though. this mascara's objectives are different than the older version of XXL, which is meant to thicken and lengthen using fibre mascara. however, this product is just to stiffen unruly lashes that usually don't stay in place. i think i like the older version of XXL more than this one, but this mascara is more for natural looking long lashes, while the other mascara gives a more false eyelash effect.

lasts all day. doesn't flake or smudge. doesn't clump. not too thick. applies relatively easily. gets kind of crispy lashes.

on 8/23/2009 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fabulous! Not usually a Maybelline mascara fan but this blew me away. My lashes look full and long - I was only expecting length from this mascara - not both. My lashline was much neater as well. One of the big problems I have with my eyelashes are that some of the lashes have fallen out of my left eye. My right eye has loads of eyelashes so generally I look really uneven when I have mascara on. This attracted me because the packaging said the primer was designed to tame unruly lashes. Well, it must have done because now both eyes look lovely. In fact I was told I have doe eyes recently and believe me no-one would say that if they actually saw my eyes sans mascara. I took one lippy off purely because it takes a few coats and a little patience to get the desired effect. I found the patience paid off because the mascara didnt flake, nor did it clump no matter how much I whacked on. I always like a formula that allows me to build my lashes to the desired effect. Not that I would, but if I did want a more toned down lash effect I could definately get that with this mascara as well. In terms of the length ... my lashes were touching my brow bone. The nice thing about this mascara as well is that lashes are surprisingly soft rather than stiff.

on 2/16/2009 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This one is just okay....nice everyday mascara...I might use the base with another mascara.