Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

really loving this mascara right now. i love the fact that it comes with a primer. it holds curl all day and stays on all day. its just perfect.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I wanted to like it based on price and reviews but unfortunately it didn't pan out for me.

I have Asian mono-lid eyes so that could have been the problem but I found the mascara runny. After 2 hours of wearing it, I would have raccoon eyes.

I tested the Maybelline primer on 1 eye and the Christian Dior Lash Serum on the other and the Maybelline mascara would still leave me with raccoon eyes. Of course the eye with Christian Dior Lash serum wasn't as bad as the Maybelline primer. So definitely not waterproof as advertised. . Although, the mascara did lengthen and added volume to my lashes which I appreciated.

I found the brush way too long and big so if you have small eyes it was difficult to maneuver around the inner lids.

Luckily, the mascara was dirt cheap but definitely would not repurchase.

The hunt continues for a cheaper primer alternative to the Christian Dior Lash Serum.

on 6/12/2011 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Primer is okay but the product is overpriced for the length of time it lasts before it dries out. The mascara itself is nothing to write home about.

on 1/6/2011 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this mascara but this just didn't live up to it. I find the primer useless since it did little for my lashes and it does not go well after coating the black mascara on afterwards. Not ony the primer does little, it makes my lashes later feel really uncomfortable. The mascara without primer is so so. The only pro is that I actually liked the mascara wand.

Not a fan, will not repurchase.

on 10/21/2010 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

was a no for me. didnt do much to my eyelashes. just darkened them; i didnt get length, i didnt get volume. having said this, it wasnt clumpy and the brush was good quality. it combed through my lashed well and it didnt flake off during the day.

you dont get much out of the product because it is a dual-ended mascara, so in actual fact youre getting less of the black mascara as opposed to if you were to buy a normal tube for the same price.
i would suggest to buy a primer if you like to prime, and a normal full tubed mascara cause then youll get twice the dose. ill stick to the colossal because this really didnt do anything.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This mascara is so-so. The primer goes on well but the mascara doesn't go on very well over it. It didn't do much for my lashes in the end. LashBlast Fusion will always be my very favorite. I actually decided to buy this instead of LashBlast Fusion >:/ I shouldn't have done that.

I thought this product clumped way too much! It also runs out very quickly! I thought it gave length but clumped up way too much!

on 6/8/2010 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great product! I bought the waterproof mascara because of my constant obsession with the beach and make-up typically don't compliment each other. After hours in the sun and swimming the water I had no running and no flakes! My lashes looked longer and stayed that way even after I left the beach. My only complaint would be that this mascara adds length rather than fullness, so if you are looking for something to add volume I wouldn't recommend this to you. Now this is a two step product so when wearing the mascara sometimes you can see the white primer through the black top coat; you have to make sure you cover all the white or else you will have little white spots on you lashes.

on 6/4/2010 12:56:00 PM

I liked this mascara, it lengthened and volumized my lashes, but it does flake. it is also pretty expensive, but you only get 4.4 ml per side. compared to covergirl lashblast , which is cheaper, and you get 13 ml!
i felt stressed trying to used the white primer also so i wouldnt use too much of the black mascara. but its hard to completely cover all the white , and can make your lashes clumpy if you apply too many coats.
overall, i'd rate it 7 out of 10

on 2/18/2010 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The actual mascara in this product I really hate it is clumpy and just a big mess. But I love the primer (white) it is awesome, when I use this with Maybelline Full n' Soft it looks awesome. I would buy this mascara again just for the primer.