Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

I have no idea when I purchased this product, I found it in the back of my makeup drawer and wondered if it still works after all this time.
The primer is REALLY effective for length like it says, it makes a noticeable difference but not quite false lash worthy. The other side is alright, seems to be a normal mascara nothing special but I love the size of the wand and it's so easy to use on my bottom lashes. I LOVE this mascara, my only complaint is I wish the sides were a bit longer, it's kind of hard to use because it's so close to the base.

I originally bought this product due to high reviews and 'cause I really wanted a mascara primer. I have very short, thin lashes and heard good things about this product. But after trying it for a few days, I saw that it doesn't do anything for my lashes! The curl doesn't hold all day, and the length is pretty average.I definitely like the Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express better! And it's cheaper too! Much better formula and brush.

If you have short and thin lashes like me, I definitely don't recommend this. I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Decent mascara but i am still on the hunt for my HG. The packaging is very sleek and classy, with two compartments, one for the primer and one for the mascara. The primer builds up my lashes really well but i think the shape of the brush causes most of the primer to cling to the middle of my lashes instead of the outer part which is what i want. The mascara goes over the primer and lengthens well. It makes my lashes look fanned out but it tends to clump my lashes together sometimes so it lookes like i have four, very long and very thick eyelashes lol. The mascara also doesnt cover the primer well and when i try to maneuver the brush to cover it, it ends up clumping my lashes even more. Overall, cheap, decent mascara that lengthens and volumizes pretty well but clumps. Will not be buying again bc i intend to explore other brands.

on 12/28/2011 5:31:00 PM

Loved this product! Step 1 (primer/white mascara) was fantastic, lengthens lashes and instant length! The second step (mascara/black) finished it off, lashes always look fantastic. Although after a little while the black mascara becomes thick.
*TIP* Allow the first step no longer than a minute to set on your lashes before applying second step as the mascara will clump. If you put it on right away then you will have flawless lashes.

on 8/8/2011 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this mascara because I am a Maybelline fan. However, this mascara gives you spider-leg-like lashes. At first, I absolutely hated this after using my Maybelline's Full n' Soft mascara because XXL felt hard compared to Full n' Soft, and I also do not like the feeling of having makeup on. This mascara did provide lengthening and really helped thicken my lashes, but I would not recommend using it alone. It doesn't really leave any clumps of mascara, but it clumps a few lashes together, which gives the spider-leg-like look as I mentioned before. Also, I found that the waterproof version is IMPOSSIBLE to wash off with soap or makeup removing wipes. However, Vaseline will help get off all the mascara. It's inability to wash off may be helpful if you are going to be out for long, swimming, etc. I find that this mascara stays on all day and night when I'm cheering at a football game or when I go to a dance. Just BEWARE OF SPIDER LEGS, but I do definitely like this mascara with a more soft, natural, defining mascara. Otherwise, do not get this mascara if you want a mascara that is one-step, quick and easy.

on 7/16/2011 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Overall I am not impressed. I wanted to love it because I love the Great Lash ..... This is not any better @ all and costs twice as much. the primer did not do anything special for me at all save your money and do not bother!

on 4/12/2011 12:23:00 AM

My favorite mascara, by far! And it's not too expensive either. I love this mascara! The packaging is great, as well. I absolutely love the wand too, the shape makes my lashes longer and thicker. I get so many compliments. The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't put the primer (step 1) on thick or else it is hard to cover with the mascara (step 2). It also doesn't clump AT ALL.

I like the mascara side a lot but the primer isn't so good for my lashes. I have pretty long lashes already but when I use the primer my lashes get all clumpy and spider-ish. Maybe I just don't know how to use it properly.

on 2/20/2011 8:30:00 AM

I really, really dislike this mascara. Firstly, the packaging is so annoying. It is a double sided mascara which is good for 'building length and volume' but for me covering the white (no matter how little i put on) was a pain because i had to literally layer black on it just to get it to cover, and even then it looked grey. I find that it smudges and flakes through out the day.

Pros:
It is double sided so you can build more volume.

Cons:
It flakes.
You can't cover the white.
It is a bit clumpy.

I would NOT recommend this mascara.

This is one of only two mascaras I've ever repurchased, and a plus is that it's pretty cheap these days. It lengthens really well, though there is no volume, so lashes can look a bit spindly. I find that adding Lash Blast, my favourite mascara, over the top (of either the primer and/or mascara) adds enough thickness to give more dramatic lashes. The brush is nice, though I find that a lot of product comes out, so I have to wipe it off on the side.