Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Recommend this for beginners wanting a primer/mascara duo. I love this because it lengthens great and volumizes almost as good. The primer actually does its job rather than just lighten lashes. Pricing is good- bought for less than 7 dollars at target

I used to use this mascara a long time ago. I have to start off by saying I do not like Maybelline mascaras, they are usually cheap quality. This was the ONLY exception, & the only one I liked from Maybelline. This is another version of L'oreal's Double Extend mascara. L'oreal's works better, but this one is a cheaper alternative. This mascara actually gave length & volume, but this mascara flaked a lot, which was the downfall. Maybelline mascaras are notorious for flaking, this one was no different in that aspect. The last time I used this I was probably 13/14 yrs old, so my expectations & quality have changed a lot since then. I won't ever buy this mascara again since I've found much better ones, but I would reccommend you buy this mascara if you're going to buy any mascara from Maybelline. This is the best quality mascara Maybelline makes.

on 1/12/2012 9:09:00 PM

This rocks! It really extends the look of my lashes and looks like they are fuller and thicker. I'm very happy with the results! I agree with other reviewers to let the primer set for a minute before adding the color. I got the waterproof one and so far so good
It's on the higher side for drugstore mascara but the results are worth it and cheaper than department store ones with similar results so I will buy this again!

on 10/25/2011 8:37:00 PM

Package says it is waterproof but in 2 hours had dripped down my face!

I already have long and thick lashes so most mascaras work for me. I was so impressed by this mascara because it makes my lashes look like falsies. if you are going for definition and length this is the mascara for you.

on 8/14/2010 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this mascara. I was in love with illegal lengths before it was discontinued, then moved on to xxl. I was hoping the xxl lash extensions would be like a combination of both...it is not.

The primer i sort of like, although it is a little tricky to get used to, as if you apply it from base to tip it just clumps. Badly. Tammy Fay Baker clumpy. So my tip is to just apply it to the very ends of your lashes, you can see the tiny fibers clinging to the tips and it does add length. So thats a half pro. Then the mascara. I hate it. It has a funny smell like lash stilleto and I'm pretty sure i could buy a no name mascara from the dolar store and it would do the same job.

So basically i paid $20 Au for a teeny bit of primer that i can only use on the tips of my lashes, that i have to team with colossal volume.

Save yourself the money girls, if you want long lashes, use Rimmel glamoureyes. I get asked if i'm wearing false lashes with that.

I would compare this to Revlon Grow Luscious, it does add volume & gives length. The difference between the two, this makes my lashes look less smooth than GL, & it flakes waaaay more. But it still works well, so I alternate my mascaras. Sometimes I don't know if I'm coating my lashes with the #1 step, but I always end up trying to cover it up with #2 anyway. I never apply more than 2 coats because my lashes end up looking like spider legs, EW :X but 1-2 coats is all you need!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this when the store i was at out was out of the XXL 24hr bold. Waste of money! First of all, it has the white primer. Seems very wet and clumpy and I did not notice any extra length. Just an average mascara, nothing special.

on 3/29/2010 10:40:00 AM

I was looking for a new mascara in ULTA the other day, and came across this one. I really like it. It doesnt smudge, is very black, and the primer really does make my lashes a lot longer. I have voluminous lashes, so volume isnt really what Im looking for. I mostly want length and some curl. This is just that! I will probably buy this agian, as my go to d/s mascara. I also want to try some of the other XXL ones they have.

on 3/7/2010 4:16:00 AM

This is OK. The white undercoat part has the lengthening microfibres and the black overcoat doesn't, so this means if you wait too long after you've put on the lengthening white part and it dries too much, you get spider effect and it just looks way Tammy Winnette. It looks all dry and try hard.

If you don't wait long enough until the white part dries, the extensions get pulled off your lashes and using the extension primer was a waste of time. So, it's all a little tricky.

I prefer Bourjois Coup de Theatre 2 in 1, which has the micrfibres in the actual black mascara. Less mucking around, less freaky looking but still great length.