Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This mascara is the best thing that has ever happened to my face. Seriously. If I could only own one cosmetic product, it would be this.

I really layer this stuff on - probably 5-6 coats of base and 2-3 coats of mascara. It holds up to this really well, doesn't look cakey or stiff, and doesn't clump. My lashes look absolutely fake - in a good way!

If you layer this on like I do, it's dramatic enough that you don't need any other makeup at all.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The first time I tried this mascara, I thought it was amazing. It lengthened my lashed by a country mile. No clumps, and a reasonable volume. It also made my lashes feel softer than any other mascara I ever put on. I don't know if that counts for anything but whatever, lol. And I think the packaging is pretty cute.

The only problem I have with this mascara and mostly all the mascaras I ever tried is that it doesn't hold my curl. I don't have very long lashes but I don't have very short ones either. I went through a LOT of mascaras over the years and I've only found one that holds my curl (Maybelline Full n Soft). But yeah, maybe I could try to pair the primer with other mascaras. :D

on 7/31/2009 2:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I was really impressed with this. I didn't think it would work, but my lashes look a lot longer. It does clump if you let the primer dry, and if you have residue from the day before on your lashes. I like to moisturize my lashes first with a makeup remover, so the primer glides on easier. I think the packaging is convenient, but you don't get a whole lot of product for the price.

Overall, I think that this is a good buy.

on 3/16/2009 11:18:00 PM

I don't really like this, while it lenghtens my lashes there is something about the look I don't like..I don't seem to like the primer mascaras as much as just mascara alone. My lashes just didn't look that pretty so I won't buy again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Not a fan of this mascara. Bought it based on the good reviews here and I was really disappointed. It is very drying and flakey and does not hold a curl well. It makes my lashed feel spiky and I don't see any great lengthening. Really disappointed. Will not buy again.

on 1/21/2009 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I like this stuff! Kind of a hassle putting both ends every time, but the results aren't that bad. I usually put one or two coats of each end for an everyday look, but I put heavy coats for a more dramatic look, which I loovee. It really does lengthen and I couldn't believe it.. The only thing I probably don't like about this mascara is that sometimes the white part still shows when you look in your car mirror or in a mirror outdoors or in the sun... so cover up well!

on 1/19/2009 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not a bad mascara for like $10. It darkens, lengthens and thickens my lashes a bit. It's good for everyday wear. The only thing I don't like is how short the wands are it's kinda harder to use that way. I don't let the white dry first I'm not sure if I'm suppose to, but my lashes still look pretty good. Does flake a little but it's cheap so it doesn't matter lol.

on 11/18/2008 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Not as bad as the L'Oreal Beauty Tubes, but not really any better either. I get a little bit of additional length, but about 5 minutes later you'd never know it the way this stuff pulls out my curl to where my lashes are sticking straight out. I think this makes them even straighter than they are without mascara, hmpf. The only good thing about it is that it's not clumpy after a few coats, or hard to remove, and it doesn't smudge or flake. Other than that, it does nothing for me and I'm going to stop being swayed by every new-and-improved mascara that comes out (especially anything that requires a base coat which is generally too much work and too many layers for me. Will I never learn? LOL).