Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Other
Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

I've heard a lot of good things about this mascara, and I can see why some people might like it, but the formula didn't work with my lashes AT ALL. The primer would always show through the actual mascara on my lashes, which looked awful.

There's not much more I can say about this product. It made my lashes look really bad. Won't be buying this again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product because I was trying to find a cheaper mascara and wanted to try a primer to see if it would help mascara stick a little better to my slightly oily lashes. I love the primer, it helps my Lancome mascara stay on all day without flaking and makes my fairly long lashes look even longer. When I used the primer with the maybelline mascara the mascara flaked off within a few hours and I looked like a raccoon. I might buy this again just to use the primer but I will never use the mascara again.

This does not do what it promises-extension looking lashes. Sure it makes my lashes long but no longer than other lengthening mascaras. It also doesn't last long or hold a curl and makes my lashes look spidery. I guess I'm just used to L'Oreal Voluminous that makes my lashes thick and long. Oh well.

on 3/16/2009 11:18:00 PM

I don't really like this, while it lenghtens my lashes there is something about the look I don't like..I don't seem to like the primer mascaras as much as just mascara alone. My lashes just didn't look that pretty so I won't buy again.

This one lengthens my lashes nicely, but it flakes in within a few hours despite not rubbing my eyes at all. And the flakes are a bit too large for me to justify keeping it around. By the way, there's no difference on my lashes if I use the primer. It works the same either way.

I used to use this mascara a long time ago. I have to start off by saying I do not like Maybelline mascaras, they are usually cheap quality. This was the ONLY exception, & the only one I liked from Maybelline. This is another version of L'oreal's Double Extend mascara. L'oreal's works better, but this one is a cheaper alternative. This mascara actually gave length & volume, but this mascara flaked a lot, which was the downfall. Maybelline mascaras are notorious for flaking, this one was no different in that aspect. The last time I used this I was probably 13/14 yrs old, so my expectations & quality have changed a lot since then. I won't ever buy this mascara again since I've found much better ones, but I would reccommend you buy this mascara if you're going to buy any mascara from Maybelline. This is the best quality mascara Maybelline makes.

on 6/14/2010 9:39:00 PM

When I recently purchased this option, not so much. I used to love Maybelline XXL when I was in school. What happened? Did I become more critical or did they get worse?

on 12/31/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product. It didn't do anything amazing to my lashes, I find it to be an ordinary mascara. Not alot of lengthening or volumizing. It does flake. However, it does hold my curl well. I'd probably use this if i want a really natural look, but hey that's just me (=

I so, so,so badly wanted to like this product but it's just "eh" for me. Of course mascara is "one of those things" that really depends on what type of lashes you have, but a mascara that also has a primer depends on HOW you apply it. I applied generously and carefully and I just did not see anything to rave about it. As usual I still have to use an eyelash curler so my lashes are noticable. The one good thing is that it can hold a curl and it might thicken a little, but I'm sure there are better masacaras. It was BOGOF so please, feel very free to try this mascara.

on 11/4/2008 10:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

not really a big fan of this... i bought it and i have pretty long eyelashes already but this made them clump and stick together and i went from having a ton of lashes to 4 spikes coming out of my eyelid... it was horrible. i wasnt sure if im supposed to let the basecoat dry before i apply the black coat so i wiped it off and tried it again... the spikes returned :( no matter how much i wiped off the wand i ended up with big clumpy spiky lashes.. it wasnt a sexy look and i went back to my lashblast immediatly.. i wouldnt buy it again