Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Other
Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was originally going to purchase the XXL Curl Power mascara when this caught my eye. I have been a long time fan of the Intense XXL formula but it has the tendency to make my lashes go a little wonky. The basecoat (step #1) of XXL Extensions "tames" lashes by "uncrossing unruly lashes and lock[ing] them into place". I don't really have an issue with untamed lashes but any mascara with the word "extensions" in the name is bound to get my hard earned money. The basecoat is more creamy and less fibrous than the Intense XXL bascoat. The brushes are soft and totally round. No flat slides, odd shapes or weird spikey bristles to have to contend with. The second step does a great job covering all of the white base coat on the first coat. It didn't create that faux lashes from a tube effect but delivered solid results. Not much in the way of volumizing though. It didn't claim to do anything for volume but it would have been a pleasant surprise. Overall, I am happy with my purchase. It was about $6 from Walmart.

I used to use this mascara a long time ago. I have to start off by saying I do not like Maybelline mascaras, they are usually cheap quality. This was the ONLY exception, & the only one I liked from Maybelline. This is another version of L'oreal's Double Extend mascara. L'oreal's works better, but this one is a cheaper alternative. This mascara actually gave length & volume, but this mascara flaked a lot, which was the downfall. Maybelline mascaras are notorious for flaking, this one was no different in that aspect. The last time I used this I was probably 13/14 yrs old, so my expectations & quality have changed a lot since then. I won't ever buy this mascara again since I've found much better ones, but I would reccommend you buy this mascara if you're going to buy any mascara from Maybelline. This is the best quality mascara Maybelline makes.

on 4/12/2011 12:23:00 AM

My favorite mascara, by far! And it's not too expensive either. I love this mascara! The packaging is great, as well. I absolutely love the wand too, the shape makes my lashes longer and thicker. I get so many compliments. The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't put the primer (step 1) on thick or else it is hard to cover with the mascara (step 2). It also doesn't clump AT ALL.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product because I was trying to find a cheaper mascara and wanted to try a primer to see if it would help mascara stick a little better to my slightly oily lashes. I love the primer, it helps my Lancome mascara stay on all day without flaking and makes my fairly long lashes look even longer. When I used the primer with the maybelline mascara the mascara flaked off within a few hours and I looked like a raccoon. I might buy this again just to use the primer but I will never use the mascara again.

on 6/14/2010 9:39:00 PM

When I recently purchased this option, not so much. I used to love Maybelline XXL when I was in school. What happened? Did I become more critical or did they get worse?

on 3/5/2010 4:24:00 PM

There is nothing lengthening about this mascara however, I do like how black it is and my lashes do standout. It is a little clumpy, doesn't smudge and removes easily. Not bad but, not perfect

on 12/31/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product. It didn't do anything amazing to my lashes, I find it to be an ordinary mascara. Not alot of lengthening or volumizing. It does flake. However, it does hold my curl well. I'd probably use this if i want a really natural look, but hey that's just me (=

on 12/17/2009 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My lashes look amazing with this mascara and believe me I tried many. I love the effect of fake lashes but I don't want to wear them every day!!!!! This does the trick for me. It's great.

I've heard a lot of good things about this mascara, and I can see why some people might like it, but the formula didn't work with my lashes AT ALL. The primer would always show through the actual mascara on my lashes, which looked awful.

There's not much more I can say about this product. It made my lashes look really bad. Won't be buying this again.

This does not do what it promises-extension looking lashes. Sure it makes my lashes long but no longer than other lengthening mascaras. It also doesn't last long or hold a curl and makes my lashes look spidery. I guess I'm just used to L'Oreal Voluminous that makes my lashes thick and long. Oh well.