Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 36-43
Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

on 1/12/2012 9:09:00 PM

This rocks! It really extends the look of my lashes and looks like they are fuller and thicker. I'm very happy with the results! I agree with other reviewers to let the primer set for a minute before adding the color. I got the waterproof one and so far so good
It's on the higher side for drugstore mascara but the results are worth it and cheaper than department store ones with similar results so I will buy this again!

on 6/12/2011 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Primer is okay but the product is overpriced for the length of time it lasts before it dries out. The mascara itself is nothing to write home about.

I picked one of these at CVS because I can't pass up a 50% off mascara! One thing I liked about this mascara was that it didn't clump. My eyelashes are really nicely separated. I normally don't have to curl my eyelashes, but this mascara seemed to have made them kind of straight. I don't know why, no other mascara does this to me. I also didn't find that my lashes looked any longer than normal.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Not a fan of this mascara. Bought it based on the good reviews here and I was really disappointed. It is very drying and flakey and does not hold a curl well. It makes my lashed feel spiky and I don't see any great lengthening. Really disappointed. Will not buy again.

on 11/18/2008 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Not as bad as the L'Oreal Beauty Tubes, but not really any better either. I get a little bit of additional length, but about 5 minutes later you'd never know it the way this stuff pulls out my curl to where my lashes are sticking straight out. I think this makes them even straighter than they are without mascara, hmpf. The only good thing about it is that it's not clumpy after a few coats, or hard to remove, and it doesn't smudge or flake. Other than that, it does nothing for me and I'm going to stop being swayed by every new-and-improved mascara that comes out (especially anything that requires a base coat which is generally too much work and too many layers for me. Will I never learn? LOL).

on 11/7/2008 9:37:00 PM

Love, love, love! Definitely HG for me. I have pitiful lashes and am pretty sure I've tried just about everything. This is the first mascara that has ever gotten me comments on my lashes. They looked long without looking fake (as true extensions do), held the curl just about all day, and I was able to apply three good coats without any funk. I threw all my others out and will definitely buy again.

on 10/24/2008 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I think that I must be challenged in some way concerning primered mascaras. I can not seem to ever make them work. The lashes always clump together worse, no matter how much I wipe or don't wipe the wand first. So, as far as this product is concerned, the mascara portion seems fine. Good color, nice consistency, good price. The primer is the problem, as usual. If anyone out there knows any tricks, please, please let me know.

on 10/17/2008 11:11:00 AM

This is just an okay mascara. I was disappointed because I expected more. Others are correct in that is doesn't add any volume at all and just mediocre length. Collosal is a better mascara even if the packaging is terrible (mine broke). I much prefer mark's Make it Big or Avon's SuperShock mascaras which are the best I've tried. I even like Full & Soft better than this one and all three of these are just one step plus add both volume & length.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Bought this tonight at Target, and tried it out when I got home. I usually use Lancome Fatale,and have used the Collosal mascara. This looks great on! Like a previous reviewer don't have unruly lashes, but the white stuff was a good primer. The mascara itself was pretty good, as I only needed a a coat and a half (tips only). I will continue to use and see if during the day it holds up as well. As for now, I would repurchase. The price is cheap, as I had a coupon making this under 5 bucks. Packaging good as both products were in one convenient tube.

This mascara is just average. I was expecting a lot of length, and this did not give me any. Once I put on the primer, it seemed to adhere to the root more than the tips. Once I did the second step- the mascara just concentrated on the root area also so my lashes didn't get lifted or lengthened at all. Still, this did not clump like most mascaras with primers tend to do. I may experiment with it and see if I can use the primer with Lash Stylist.
Edited on 12/17/2012- I have repurchased this and now I really like it.
I really like this mascara-however, you really need to work with it. What I do is:
1.First curl your lashes with a regular curler.
2.Apply two thin coats of the primer-let it dry between each coat.
3.Curl lashes again, this time with a *heated* eyelash curler. Never use a regular curler- your lashes will stick to it! The heated lash curler will lift up the lashes. The primer can make them heavy and they can then droop and get clumpy.
4.Apply two coats of the mascara, letting the first one dry, then when the second coat is still wet, comb through with a metal eyelash comb.
There you go--- lots of steps, but when I do this I do get a nice false lash effect!