Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 30-35
Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

on 7/16/2011 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Overall I am not impressed. I wanted to love it because I love the Great Lash ..... This is not any better @ all and costs twice as much. the primer did not do anything special for me at all save your money and do not bother!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this when the store i was at out was out of the XXL 24hr bold. Waste of money! First of all, it has the white primer. Seems very wet and clumpy and I did not notice any extra length. Just an average mascara, nothing special.

on 3/9/2010 1:51:00 PM

This is one of the better mascaras I've used. I have naturally long lashes, but with the primer and then the mascara part, they look extra long. I haven't had any trouble with flaking or smudging. I think it's easy to put on. It is a bit hard to get it all off though. I use eye makeup remover and there's usually still traces of the mascara for a couple days if I don't reapply. That's not a big deal to me though. I kind of wish it was more product because I feel like I might go through this a big faster than a regular tube. I'll definitely get it again though.

on 3/7/2010 4:16:00 AM

This is OK. The white undercoat part has the lengthening microfibres and the black overcoat doesn't, so this means if you wait too long after you've put on the lengthening white part and it dries too much, you get spider effect and it just looks way Tammy Winnette. It looks all dry and try hard.

If you don't wait long enough until the white part dries, the extensions get pulled off your lashes and using the extension primer was a waste of time. So, it's all a little tricky.

I prefer Bourjois Coup de Theatre 2 in 1, which has the micrfibres in the actual black mascara. Less mucking around, less freaky looking but still great length.

on 2/22/2010 4:28:00 PM

I went a little overboard with this product the first time I used it. Step one, I used three coats and Step 2, I used another three or four coats. My lashes looked really long and there was a lot of volume, but due to the excessive amount of product I was looking a little Tammy Faye(ish). I tried again this weekend, using one coat of Step 1 and two coats of Step 2, again, really nice length, noticeable volume and an over all fullness to my upper lashes. I'm not a fan of Maybelline mascara's but XXL Extensions is a good product. No flaking or smudging (looking at you Bad Gal Lash). The only reason I have taken away a few lippies is, this stuff is hard to get off. I used makeup remover ( a lot) and my facial wash, but still had residue present in the morning. If it was much easier to take off I would gladly give it full marks.

EDIT-I have had to give this stuff the boot. It's just to hard to get off, and I notice that in my attempt to do so, I have pulled out a few eyelashes here and there. I want to make my eyelashes stand out, not fall out.

on 1/26/2010 1:48:00 AM

My husband doesn't usually notice anything with my makeup. So, for him to ask if I was wearing falsies this mascara must be doing something. He also said it looked like my lashes were thicker. For me it has actually worked well. No flaking or clumps using 1 coat of base & 2 coats of mascara. I only wish the wand were longer. Definitely would repurchase.

on 12/17/2009 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My lashes look amazing with this mascara and believe me I tried many. I love the effect of fake lashes but I don't want to wear them every day!!!!! This does the trick for me. It's great.

I picked this up on a whim as it was 50% off and I love mascaras and good deals. I was surprised how great this mascara works! I have never used an eyelash primer before. After applying the primer and two coats of mascara I had beautiful, long, and dramatic lashes. I took off a lippie as I found it did smudge and flake slightly as the day wore on, overall I thought it worked well for me and is a great product.

on 4/11/2009 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Another one of the few Maybelline mascaras (out of like their 300 they have out) that actually does something for me. At this point all I really want from a mascara is simple - for it to not irritate my eyes. Seriously. I'm sorry to be writing this on this particular review but soooo many mascaras out there have been itching and swelling the bejivis out of my lids. In any case, this mascara truly impressed me. It separates my lashes very very well, without looking clumpy. The formula is not too creamy, but not so dry either. The primer does add to the way it feels. I actually enjoy using it. The results I get from this mascara are phenomenal. My lashes look like fakes (similar to MAC's #7 lashes). So I couldn't ask for more...dark, separated, makes them curl, volume, length and NO irritation from this!
Will continue to purchase.
ADDING - Doesn't smudge (like my beloved L'oreal Carbon Black) or flake!!! JACKPOT!!!

Meh. This product is definitely the best XXL mascara that I've tried, but that is not saying much.

You should do one eye at a time, use the primer and then the mascara right away each eye. The result is not that dramatic...looks like regular mascara on my lashes. I would not recommend this product.