Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 19-24
Maybelline New York XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

really loving this mascara right now. i love the fact that it comes with a primer. it holds curl all day and stays on all day. its just perfect.

I have no idea when I purchased this product, I found it in the back of my makeup drawer and wondered if it still works after all this time.
The primer is REALLY effective for length like it says, it makes a noticeable difference but not quite false lash worthy. The other side is alright, seems to be a normal mascara nothing special but I love the size of the wand and it's so easy to use on my bottom lashes. I LOVE this mascara, my only complaint is I wish the sides were a bit longer, it's kind of hard to use because it's so close to the base.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My favorite mascara ever... In Waterproof. I've used designer macaras and none have compared. Let the primer sit for a minute before applying the black coat. This product is non clunky so you apply more coats based on how bold of a look you'd like. I love the wand bc it's shorter and sturdier than others giving you more control and less black marks around your eyes that occur when using other brands. This product stays all day, eye lashes curled and everything! I've been asked at least by ten different women if I'm wearing fake eyelashes or what kind of mascara i use. My friends that have started using this brand are also hooked!

My biggest recommendation would be to choose the waterproof version. (black blue and yellow) for some reason the primer on that one works better than the non-water proof. And to let the primer set before applying the black!

I used to use this mascara a long time ago. I have to start off by saying I do not like Maybelline mascaras, they are usually cheap quality. This was the ONLY exception, & the only one I liked from Maybelline. This is another version of L'oreal's Double Extend mascara. L'oreal's works better, but this one is a cheaper alternative. This mascara actually gave length & volume, but this mascara flaked a lot, which was the downfall. Maybelline mascaras are notorious for flaking, this one was no different in that aspect. The last time I used this I was probably 13/14 yrs old, so my expectations & quality have changed a lot since then. I won't ever buy this mascara again since I've found much better ones, but I would reccommend you buy this mascara if you're going to buy any mascara from Maybelline. This is the best quality mascara Maybelline makes.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Decent mascara but i am still on the hunt for my HG. The packaging is very sleek and classy, with two compartments, one for the primer and one for the mascara. The primer builds up my lashes really well but i think the shape of the brush causes most of the primer to cling to the middle of my lashes instead of the outer part which is what i want. The mascara goes over the primer and lengthens well. It makes my lashes look fanned out but it tends to clump my lashes together sometimes so it lookes like i have four, very long and very thick eyelashes lol. The mascara also doesnt cover the primer well and when i try to maneuver the brush to cover it, it ends up clumping my lashes even more. Overall, cheap, decent mascara that lengthens and volumizes pretty well but clumps. Will not be buying again bc i intend to explore other brands.

I like the mascara side a lot but the primer isn't so good for my lashes. I have pretty long lashes already but when I use the primer my lashes get all clumpy and spider-ish. Maybe I just don't know how to use it properly.

This is one of only two mascaras I've ever repurchased, and a plus is that it's pretty cheap these days. It lengthens really well, though there is no volume, so lashes can look a bit spindly. I find that adding Lash Blast, my favourite mascara, over the top (of either the primer and/or mascara) adds enough thickness to give more dramatic lashes. The brush is nice, though I find that a lot of product comes out, so I have to wipe it off on the side.

on 1/19/2011 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Dang girls, what's with the bad reviews?! I loved this mascara! The primer worked for me, it really made my lashes look very long and voluminous. It stayed put and didn't smudge or flake. I took a lippy off because I feel like the primer dries out a bit too fast. But I'll still repurchase!

on 1/6/2011 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this mascara but this just didn't live up to it. I find the primer useless since it did little for my lashes and it does not go well after coating the black mascara on afterwards. Not ony the primer does little, it makes my lashes later feel really uncomfortable. The mascara without primer is so so. The only pro is that I actually liked the mascara wand.

Not a fan, will not repurchase.

on 12/21/2010 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really did enjoy this mascara. It made my eyelashes look VERY long (and I have short to medium lashes) and doll like. I did have a few issues with it though. It seemed to run out more quickly than past mascaras I have used, and it would often smudge on to the area under my eyes and it looked like I was crying (this was with the WATERPROOF version) and that was definitely annoying. I'd also have to reapply it a few times throughout the day. I'm still on the fence deciding if those drawbacks are worth the amazing length I got from using this product.