Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Tinted Brow Gel
Tinted Brow GelTinted Brow GelTinted Brow Gel

3.9

INGREDIENTS: Water, PVP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Matricaria Extract (Chamomilla Recutita), Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben

I am a junkie for a good brow gel and since I have very black hair, it is somewhat dangerous to work with a "tinted" formula.

Being a fan of the original clear version, I thought to give this one a go and I must say that it is quite a lovely product to use. The tint has got some shimmer in it, but it never looks obviously sparkly or Christmassy on your brows. As a matter of fact it makes them look that tiny bit "natural" and wet, as opposed to a very matte finish.

I find that some shades and their names can be misleading. Like the shade Brunette is actually best for someone with a brown/blonde hair etc. You can read more about application and wear aspects in a separate review here ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2016/10/05/Brow-Gel-Paradise-Feat-Anastasia-Beverly-Hills ). Overall I am quite pleased with this product, it does hold my brows in place almost all day long, but I still prefer the clear version.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff!!!! I have medium-dark brown hair and use granite - it is a nice cool brown without being too dark. I found that some of the other browns were a bit too warm for my hair. I like to use it to set after using other product to fill in my brows OR to fill in my brows in one quick step if I'm in a rush.

If you have already filled in your brows this product takes literally 2 seconds to put overtop to secure everything.

If you are using it alone to fill in and set your brows it takes more like 3 seconds because I usually use the brush to fill in my brows and then use a q-tip to remove where I've overdrawn and the brush isn't super precise.

It lasts allllll day even in wet conditions. It doesn't make your brows feel super stiff either. This is a HG product for me!

To Read all 181 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The product is ok... My biggest issue is how big the wand is!!! It's huge! I have fairly thick brows, and no matter how careful I am it gets on my skin. I can't imagine if you had brows on the thinner side. Not worth the price, would not recommend.

on 8/31/2015 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a great product to change the color of your eyebrows. It has the most pigment out of all the brands I've tried and really conceals grey hairs. The colors are a little strange and it would be nice if they made more shades that didn't have the sparkles in them. I also don't like the stiffness that it leaves your eyebrows. Overall I prefer the one from Urban Decay since it has a very soft hold and it has extremely natural non glittery shades. The one thing I do prefer about this one is it really has a lot of pigment and can completely change the color of your eyebrows if you need/want it to.

on 5/6/2015 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this brow gel in chocolate after I over-bleached my eyebrows and they went from black to orange. This was the only thing that saved me. Grateful for this product and would definitely buy this again.

on 4/23/2015 10:22:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Auburn: Well I have a love-hate relationship with this product. As many reviews state, it's crunchy, the brush is huge and wastefully dispenses too much product. In addition, I also find that its not good for actually grooming the brows, so I have to go back in with a spoolie to do that and the product then gets a weird balled up texture sometimes, it just looks gross. However, I've found my way around these issues and with a careful hand I am *mostly* able to avoid them. If its a special makeup occasion I will even take tissue and wipe off the end of the brush first and that delivers great results, albeit extremely wasteful :(. My hair is dyed a very dark violet red color while my natural/brow color is blonde and Anastasia's products are the only ones that supply a color for a perfect match. Also, this stuff really does last all day, it's bullet proof like practically all of her products and I appreciate that. I'm able to swipe this on pretty quickly for "no makeup" days when I'm in a hurry, but still need to darken my brows so they're not non-exsistant. Lastly, although this product is priced $22(+/-) and is totally wasteful, it has lasted me forever and I use it literally every single day. I've had it about 7-8 months. Sooo.... my conclusion is I absolutely will replace it when its gone, even though I give it sideways glances on my counter and curse it when its acting up lol.

on 4/5/2015 7:19:00 PM

I'm disappointed with this product. I bought it in granite, which is a grey-based medium brown. The color is a good match, since I have light brown hair and rather dark brown brows. I think the shade is especially good if you don't want a brow gel with red undertones.

The brow gel makes my brows stay put all day, but it makes them very crunchy and stiff looking as many reviewers said. The brush is too big so some of the gel goes past the brows and it needs to be wiped out. Also the brush gives too much gel in one swipe. The worst part is that after a while my brows start to itch and the feeling doesn't go away unless I wash the gel off. I noticed that the ingredients differ a bit in different shades, so I recommend to check the ingredient list on the box before buying.

For the price and hype, I expected much more. In my opinion, there are better products for much less.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought the tinted brow gel in Brunette. It has a warm, reddish tone to it. I use it on days when I'm in a rush and I want my eyebrows, which are blonde-ish, to match my hair. It colours the hair well and sets but I do find it a little crunchy in texture. The brush is big and dispenses too much product unless you scrape off a lot of the excess. I've had my tube for 11 months and I haven't finished but when I do I will try different products instead of repurchasing.

Pros: tints eyebrow hair, stays all day, usually quick/easy to apply
Cons: crunchy texture, too big brush

on 1/28/2015 4:19:00 PM

I bought this to tame my eye brows between getting them threaded. I'm actually pretty lucky my eye brows don't grow in very quickly so just a little of this goes a long way. I'm not sure it does all that much but I do like it and it does help control the hairs that don't want to go with the rest.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

A lot of people love this brow gel and I personally find it overrated. It doesn't really do anything for me besides wipe away product and leave my brows crunchy. I probably won't buy it again.

Popular Brows Products