Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% and Sulfur 5% Wash

4.7

on 12/21/2016 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have extremely sensitive skin and rosacea. I have tried prescription metro gel and finacea. I have tried numerous high end skin products. Nothing ever worked. My dermatologist prescribed this face wash recently along with the cream. At first I tried the cream and it helped but the smell bothered me. Next I tried the face wash. The smell does not bother me with that product. My skin looks and feels so much better. I find using it once a day works for me.
I am truly grateful that something works.

on 8/24/2016 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Terrific. Prescribed by my derm for adult acne brought on by the intense summer humidity. Costs $10 and swiftly gets rid of any pimples. Also makes my skin less oily during the day. Really effective, cheap, zero side effects.

on 3/26/2016 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really pleased with this cleanser, which my dermatologist prescribed as part of my rosacea papules and pustules treatment. I was fearful it would dry me out, but the opposite is true! I've stopped using my the other cleansers in my stash because in comparison, those don't leave my face as soft, hydrated, and breakout-free as this.

If I cleanse twice a day (as prescribed), it'll last 1-2 months. More often then not I only rinse my face with water or micellar water in the morning, which gives me 2-3 months before I have to refill the prescription. I was given enough prescriptions to last me a year and a half, though my insurance only lets me refill the prescription every 45 days. Even if I'm not running low or completely out of this cleanser, I always refill it the first day I can in order to keep my reserve stockpile full!

Around my time of the month, I also use this as a mask to draw cystic hormonal acne to a head---applying it dry and waiting 10 minutes before washing off.

Definitely a great, gentle acne fighting product. 4/5 lippies because of its potent smell.

Product label instructions to help you incorporate this into your routine without experiencing unwanted side effects or adverse reactions:
- Apply cleanser once or twice daily to affected areas or as directed by your physician.
- Wet skin and liberally apply to areas to be cleansed.
- Massage gently into skin for 10-20 seconds, working into a lather.
- Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- If drying occurs, it may be controlled by rinsing of Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% & Sulfur 5% Cleanser sooner or using less often.

My derm prescribed this cleanser along with tretinoin gel 3 years ago for a sudden bout of adult acne I had and I always assumed it was the tretinoin that did wonders for my skin. Recently I ran out of the cleanser and within weeks my skin flared up again with pimples. This was a major surprise because I suddenly realized that the only thing I did differently was to stop using the cleanser. So IT MUST BE THIS FABULOUS CLEANSER that has been keeping my skin clear. ❤️❤️❤️

on 10/17/2015 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I went to a dermatologist a couple years ago for problems with cystic acne. She advised that I take several rounds of antibiotics as well as a birth control. I wasn't comfortable with doing either of those things, so she prescribed me this face wash and a spot treatment. I didn't have high hopes but this wash is my HG now. If I run out my face is a wreck within a few days. I use Cetaphil antibacterial bar soap to remove the dirt/makeup from the day, then the sulfacetmaind/sulfur face wash, and moisturize. As expected, it does have a very strong sulfur smell, but I can get over that for the results I'm getting.

One complaint I have is the oiliness of my skin since using this wash. Still, HG for me.

I'm shocked no huge makeup company has tried selling this as a high quality miracle face wash! I mean, it smells pretty bad and doesn't exfoliate but frankly, I don't care. This is incredible. I got it as a prescription (he gave me like 5 refills) and the bottle is enormous. I was diagnosed with Perioral Dermatitis and was told I was basically permanently screwed. Gave me this and some antibiotic gel. I feel like my skin is looking better than with any super expensive products and/or washes I've ever used. Also gave me a prescription for Nicozel or something but, I don't think I'm going to need it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

my dermatologist prescribed this to me for my cystic acne and rosacea, and I'm so glad she did! within 2 weeks I've noticed that my face wasn't as red and irritated and I haven't had any breakouts! the only downside is that it doesn't do a great job at controlling oil, but I can live with that.

I developed seborrheic dermatitis, like another reviewer on here, and went to a dermatologist. He gave me a perscription for this, and told me to wash my face twice a day.

I had great skin up until I hit 21, almost a year ago now. That's when I started getting patches of what i thought was eczema flair ups on my chin. That spread to all over my face eventually: it was patchy, bumpy, and my skin would flake off around my hairline and my eyebrows. If I tried to cover it with foundation, my skin would get flakey. It ended up looking worse, so I just gave up putting anything over it very quickly (foundation never seemed to make the actual rash any worse though! Just made the dry, dead skin more easy to see--plus it wouldn't stick to my skin anywhere)

It burned so sooo badly
I was applying cortizone cream on it almost every 10 minutes just to get the burning to lessen. One of my classmates asked if I had an acid burn, if that tells you anything about how bad it could look. But the burning and itching was most certainly the wrost part of the rash.
My skin was really oily, too. That seemed to be giving me some really fun cystic acne very frequently.
That was not fun.

After getting this, for a couple of months, the rash persisted--but the burning was gone. It was obviously much healthier, and the dermatologist said that that was likely to stay. There just wasn't a way to get rid of the rash for good. I was very upset about that--but at least it didn't burn!!! That's good enough for me, but still dissapointing. It also got rid of all acne VERY quickly. I was very impressed with that.

The rash actually ended up totally going away after a couple of months! I was so happy. Now, it flairs up every once and a while: stress seems to be the largest factor on if the rash comes back.
Not washing off sweat seems to be another big thing.
It'll also come back if I miss a wash or two.
But, for a large portion of the time, IT IS TOTALLY GONE! NO REDNESS! No dandruff comming off of my eyebrows! No bumps!

I'm so relieved; this stuff has really helped me out. I don't know what I would do without it.

Packaging isn't anything fancy, but it gets the job done! It's a bottle, and I can get the product out without any trouble.
There's nothing bad to say except that I've got these red and blue "shake well" and "for external use only" stickers on it. They're not sealed at all, so the dyes leak all over the place when they get wet. I'm not even sure if they're originally part of the bottle, or if my pharmacy put them on.

The only thing it hasn't helped with is the oily-ness of my skin. I think that's causing foundation to change colors, which is very obnoxious. I think that's just going to be how my face is from now on, since it makes since with what the SD does.
But the rash is gone, and my skin is soooo much more healthy (and pain free!) now that my SD is under control.

on 7/16/2014 1:59:00 PM

UPDATE: This spring marks 2 years I've used this product. My skin is wonderful. I never, ever, EVER gets zits and never even THINK about my skin anymore. It's truly incredible. I don't even use Ziana anymore (currently breastfeeding) and my skin stays perfect.
_____________________________
While I would not say my skin was an absolute 'mess', I've for years battled continually congested skin, breakouts and regular rounds of monthly cystic chin acne (usually 1 or 2 at a time that take 2 months to go away), along with many just-under-the-surface bumps along the chin/jaw area. Along the way I've used Retin-A, Taz, and now Ziana. They've all helped to some extent, but would never completely get rid of my bumpy skin - esp. along the chin. Finally after a trip to Mexico which caused all sorts of skin havac, I went to a new dermatologist (for both a horrid extraction and several rounds of cortisone. Gross) and she wrote me a prescription for this. I didn't expect much, but boy has it turned things around for me. Only 15 bucks with insurance. As others have said, I first use an oil to remove my eye makeup and sometimes lightly wash all over with a commercial face cleanser. Then use this stuff for 20 seconds and lightly finish off with my Ziana. Honestly, no other product has gotten me to the point of simply not thinking or worrying about my skin anymore because it's so clear.

I've already gotten used to the fragrance (puppies drowned in a sulfur spring?) - and my dear BF swears he can't smell it when I crawl into bed with my beautiful, even, glowing skin. Praise Jesus.

on 6/1/2014 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing. I was on antibiotics for 3 months and clendamyacine cream. Couldn't get the redness and scarring to go away. I noticed results after the first day of this cleanser. Day 6 and it's almost completely gone. We'll worth the money and believe me, I spent enough on other prescriptions. You smell like a coal mine at bedtime but that's the worst and only bad thing about it.