Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% and Sulfur 5% Wash

No Image

4.7

on 9/27/2018 7:23:00 AM

This stuff is incredible!!! I read the ingredients and I was skeptical because it has fragrance and some potentially irritating ingredients, but my sensitive skin loves this stuff!! It significantly reduces my acne and redness and my skin looks so much healthier after only one use. I also use it as a leave on mask for about 10 minutes when my skin is dealing with congestion/breakouts. My skin is dehydrated and I assumed this would only exacerbate my dehydration, but it actually did the opposite. Even the most gentle cleansers leave my skin feeling tight, but this cleanser makes my skin feel clean, freshed, and less inflamed. If your skin agrees with sulfur based products definitely give this a go!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use the Sodium Sulfacetamide 8% & Sulfur 4% face wash prescribed by my dermatologist for my super acne-prone, ultra sensitive skin. It doesn't do much to control my oily skin but it calms down my prominent redness as well as making my skin smooth & clear. I use it once a day at night as I take night showers & usually just run a cotton pad with micellar water over my skin to cleanse in the morning. It doesn't lather like a normal cleanser & smells very warm, like a coalmine...although for $11 after insurance & the results this is totally worth it! I just wish it came in a flip top bottle instead of a pump as traveling with this is such a pain.

on 3/21/2018 11:42:00 AM

My version's a little bit different - it's 8% sodium sulfacetamide and 4% sulfur. But, that seems similar enough and I think the inactives are pretty close, too. I can't be certain how great this stuff is on it's own, honestly. I use it in conjunction with Aczone (which I'm not convinced does anything, yet) and Rx Differin .3% (the real workhorse of this trio, imo). BUT! When I notice new bumps brewing, I dab some of this on like a mask and let it sit for anywhere from 10-30 min. I got this idea from a previous reviewer. After I rinse off, I follow up with my Differin and the spots have gone down by the next morning.

This stuff can be drying, especially when used with other topicals, but most successful acne treatments are. And it stinks to high heaven. But, I'd rather have dry, stinky skin than breakouts any day. My bottle has a pump top, which can get easily gunky. And lucky for me, I received this through a free Rx company.

on 12/21/2016 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have extremely sensitive skin and rosacea. I have tried prescription metro gel and finacea. I have tried numerous high end skin products. Nothing ever worked. My dermatologist prescribed this face wash recently along with the cream. At first I tried the cream and it helped but the smell bothered me. Next I tried the face wash. The smell does not bother me with that product. My skin looks and feels so much better. I find using it once a day works for me.
I am truly grateful that something works.

on 8/24/2016 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Terrific. Prescribed by my derm for adult acne brought on by the intense summer humidity. Costs $10 and swiftly gets rid of any pimples. Also makes my skin less oily during the day. Really effective, cheap, zero side effects.

on 3/26/2016 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really pleased with this cleanser, which my dermatologist prescribed as part of my rosacea papules and pustules treatment. I was fearful it would dry me out, but the opposite is true! I've stopped using my the other cleansers in my stash because in comparison, those don't leave my face as soft, hydrated, and breakout-free as this.

If I cleanse twice a day (as prescribed), it'll last 1-2 months. More often then not I only rinse my face with water or micellar water in the morning, which gives me 2-3 months before I have to refill the prescription. I was given enough prescriptions to last me a year and a half, though my insurance only lets me refill the prescription every 45 days. Even if I'm not running low or completely out of this cleanser, I always refill it the first day I can in order to keep my reserve stockpile full!

Around my time of the month, I also use this as a mask to draw cystic hormonal acne to a head---applying it dry and waiting 10 minutes before washing off.

Definitely a great, gentle acne fighting product. 4/5 lippies because of its potent smell.

Product label instructions to help you incorporate this into your routine without experiencing unwanted side effects or adverse reactions:
- Apply cleanser once or twice daily to affected areas or as directed by your physician.
- Wet skin and liberally apply to areas to be cleansed.
- Massage gently into skin for 10-20 seconds, working into a lather.
- Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- If drying occurs, it may be controlled by rinsing of Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% & Sulfur 5% Cleanser sooner or using less often.

My derm prescribed this cleanser along with tretinoin gel 3 years ago for a sudden bout of adult acne I had and I always assumed it was the tretinoin that did wonders for my skin. Recently I ran out of the cleanser and within weeks my skin flared up again with pimples. This was a major surprise because I suddenly realized that the only thing I did differently was to stop using the cleanser. So IT MUST BE THIS FABULOUS CLEANSER that has been keeping my skin clear. ❤️❤️❤️

on 10/17/2015 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I went to a dermatologist a couple years ago for problems with cystic acne. She advised that I take several rounds of antibiotics as well as a birth control. I wasn't comfortable with doing either of those things, so she prescribed me this face wash and a spot treatment. I didn't have high hopes but this wash is my HG now. If I run out my face is a wreck within a few days. I use Cetaphil antibacterial bar soap to remove the dirt/makeup from the day, then the sulfacetmaind/sulfur face wash, and moisturize. As expected, it does have a very strong sulfur smell, but I can get over that for the results I'm getting.

One complaint I have is the oiliness of my skin since using this wash. Still, HG for me.

I'm shocked no huge makeup company has tried selling this as a high quality miracle face wash! I mean, it smells pretty bad and doesn't exfoliate but frankly, I don't care. This is incredible. I got it as a prescription (he gave me like 5 refills) and the bottle is enormous. I was diagnosed with Perioral Dermatitis and was told I was basically permanently screwed. Gave me this and some antibiotic gel. I feel like my skin is looking better than with any super expensive products and/or washes I've ever used. Also gave me a prescription for Nicozel or something but, I don't think I'm going to need it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

my dermatologist prescribed this to me for my cystic acne and rosacea, and I'm so glad she did! within 2 weeks I've noticed that my face wasn't as red and irritated and I haven't had any breakouts! the only downside is that it doesn't do a great job at controlling oil, but I can live with that.