Sage Skin Care 4% BHA Mother Stricklands

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
No Image

4.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid Other Ingredients: Stabilized Aloe Vera Cold Pressed Gel, Butylene Glycol, Allantoin, Panthenol, Ethoxydigylycol, Salicylic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Isoetheth-20, Hyaluronic Acid, Chamomile Extract, Calendula Extract, Green Tea Extract, Arnica Extract, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Really THE product in the Sage line that keeps your skin clear!! It is one of the few places I have found a 4% solution and it is gentle enough to use all over your face and neck. You can dry out when you first start to use the Sage line...but follow the companies specific recommendations and you'll work through it. I love the Sage line and really want to spread the word about it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My search for preventing acne has ended. I was thoroughly skeptical, but desparate nonetheless, to stop the never-ending acne cycle. This cycle consisted of breaking out (no matter how "non-comedigenic" my products were...) and then applying acne products ( Sage's miracle zit, etc) which ended up drying out my skin. I'd then have to moisturize to balance out the dryness and behold, break out again. With that said, I admit I was hesitant to try, yet again, another treatment/product. But this miracle product has been the answer to ending my breakout cycle for me. I cant believe how well this has worked for my skin. I use a little more than the product recommends, but then again, I overdo everything. I use it both am and pm and have not have ONE breakout since using it. In fact, I have had glowing, smooth, acne free skin. Thank God for this product. I'd pay any $$ to get skin this beautiful!! UPDATE: blah blah blah. I stopped using this 1 month ago. This stuff stopped working and I actually found it to be breaking me out. Dagnabit!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This broke me out within a day's time. I tried it on 3 seperate occasions to see if it was a fluke and yep it broke me out each time. I'll be using the rest on my feet and hope they dont break out either and no repurchasing again, unless ofcourse it does something spectacular to them at which point I'll gladly place another order.

It sucks.

on 7/10/2004 8:21:00 PM

Sad but true---it's taken me 40 years(!) to finally learn how to control my acne. And Sage is the answer. I began using the products in November (2003) after a major cystic acne attack and for the first time in my life I have skin that is not blackhead speckled and constantly erupting.
I believe this BHA formula is the cornorstone of the treatment. Not only does it keep my pores clear and less oily, it also acts as a major exfoliant, which is great at my age (51). I also like how it can be applied over makeup during the day. I often feel eruptions coming
while at work, and the formula starts working immediately.

on 1/29/2004 10:20:00 PM

i just received this product yesterday and have followed all of the instructions exactly. after applying it at night, i woke up and already saw a difference in my skin - no kidding. im not if sure anyone else noticed, but i really felt like my skin looked smoother and less irritated. i will update this review soon, but for now, i hope things go as well as they have so far. update: i have been using this every night since i got it and it really has made a difference. my skin is more luminous and smooth, and for people who want to get their skin in great condition, this should become part of your skincare regimen. one of the few BHA's that did exactly what they were supposed to do.

on 6/8/2002 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is the only product that helped to get rid of my under-the-skin-bumps... and it worked in about 10 days! It's supposed to be really strong, but i don't find it irritating at all. I love how easily it absorbs into my skin and controls oiliness. It also lasts forever cos u only need to apply so little.