Sage Skin Care 4% BHA Mother Stricklands

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

3.7

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid Other Ingredients: Stabilized Aloe Vera Cold Pressed Gel, Butylene Glycol, Allantoin, Panthenol, Ethoxydigylycol, Salicylic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Isoetheth-20, Hyaluronic Acid, Chamomile Extract, Calendula Extract, Green Tea Extract, Arnica Extract, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine

I had such high hopes for Sage products and the disappointment was even greater. A little background...I have bad acne prone skin. I was able to stablize it with MD Forte until the summer. I decided to try out Sage since my skin was acting up. That was a mistake. I know that products work differently for everyone, but for the price and the promises, they should have done something. Not asking for a miracle, but something.
My routine consisted of Sage Regular Strength Facial Shampoo, Sage Regular Strength Corrective Grains, Sage 4% MSSR, and Sage Fix Zit 10%.
My skin is now 50% worth than when I started. I have discontinued using the products after over two months of religious use. I have more cystic acne and acne marks than before. I though my skin was purging, but it is not getting better, it is getting alot worse. The line also dried my skin out terribly. I used Cetaphil Moisture Cream and my skin still would flake and crack.
On top of this, the customer service is awful. They take weeks to respond to emails and items are always on backorder. Shipment is slow. Prices are way to high. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My search for preventing acne has ended. I was thoroughly skeptical, but desparate nonetheless, to stop the never-ending acne cycle. This cycle consisted of breaking out (no matter how "non-comedigenic" my products were...) and then applying acne products ( Sage's miracle zit, etc) which ended up drying out my skin. I'd then have to moisturize to balance out the dryness and behold, break out again. With that said, I admit I was hesitant to try, yet again, another treatment/product. But this miracle product has been the answer to ending my breakout cycle for me. I cant believe how well this has worked for my skin. I use a little more than the product recommends, but then again, I overdo everything. I use it both am and pm and have not have ONE breakout since using it. In fact, I have had glowing, smooth, acne free skin. Thank God for this product. I'd pay any $$ to get skin this beautiful!! UPDATE: blah blah blah. I stopped using this 1 month ago. This stuff stopped working and I actually found it to be breaking me out. Dagnabit!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This broke me out within a day's time. I tried it on 3 seperate occasions to see if it was a fluke and yep it broke me out each time. I'll be using the rest on my feet and hope they dont break out either and no repurchasing again, unless ofcourse it does something spectacular to them at which point I'll gladly place another order.

It sucks.

on 7/9/2004 7:11:00 PM

I have been using this for about 3 to 4 weeks now. At first i noticed a bit of a change but of course like everyone else i was expecting my acne to be completely gone by the next day, well, in reality that doesn't happen so quickly. By the 2nd wk i thought it was a waste of my money but then by the 3rd my skin started to purge and i noticed that this stuff was getting rid of those yucky zits that were hiding beneath my skin for months . I am still purging but i'm going to stick with this stuff since i believe its helping my skin get better. I do use it morning and night, and at night i use this along with DDF sulfur mask (only as a spot treatment). It hasnt dried out my skin either. I just suggest to give it more time i know i am .....i will keep everyone updated.

on 10/15/2002 4:28:00 AM

Oh this is brilliant! Just dot it on any blemishes and they're *zapped* awap pronto. Don't use it all over your face often though, as it's really strong and will completely dry your skin.

on 7/5/2002 11:00:00 AM

Love this stuff too! Gets rid of BM's and other unwelcomed guests on your face and body.

on 6/8/2002 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is the only product that helped to get rid of my under-the-skin-bumps... and it worked in about 10 days! It's supposed to be really strong, but i don't find it irritating at all. I love how easily it absorbs into my skin and controls oiliness. It also lasts forever cos u only need to apply so little.