Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask
Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

3.6

Water, Glycerin, Rice Ferment Filtrate (Sake), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Betaine, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Litchi Chinensis Seed Extract, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Poloxamer 407, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Menthoxypropanediol, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Caramel, Citric Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Iron Oxides (CI77491), Biotin, BHT.

on 10/21/2008 3:38:00 PM

I've been eying this mask for quite a while, but kept being put off by the $85 price tag. I don't mind paying a higher price for my skincare items as long as they're worth it and can't be replaced by something less expensive that performs as well (and doesn't skimp on ingredients), but $85 for a mask that doesn't seem all that necessary seemed extravagant and silly. I finally broke down and asked for a pot of this as a gift and was given one.

The mask comes in a opaque white glass pot (which makes me worry about breaking it, but also makes it seem more expensive and luxurious; at least Fresh is making me feel better about the price tag by making the packaging fancier than plain plastic). It has a strange but wonderful whipped texture that's hard to describe and a scent that reminds me of fruity roses. In the jar, the Perfecting Mask is a semi-translucent white, but it goes on almost clear, making it a little hard to make sure that your whole face is covered evenly.

The mask gives a tingling sensation when it's applied (and it keeps tingling even after it's been rinsed off) to the skin that borders on burning. It doesn't hurt, but it feels like it's on the threshold. I actually like the sensation, but some people might not. It's similar to the feel of a lot of the lip plumping glosses on the market.

After rinsing this off (I left mine on for 10 minutes instead of the 5-8 recommended by Fresh), my skin looked incredible! Tight, toned, smooth and very soft, like velvet. It was almost like I had a silicone primer all over my face. My pores looked smaller and my skin felt wonderful.

For most people (myself included), this is probably going to be a special occasion/special treat mask. Fresh recommends using it 2-3 times a week, but at that rate, the jar wouldn't last long and at $85 I can't justify plowing through mine that fast.

I said I'd rebuy, but I'm not sure. It feels good and makes my skin look beautiful, but my skin's doing good without it. I'm not sure if I can justify the extravagance since my skin's already in fairly good shape.

PROS: (1) smooth, velvety, whipped texture; (2) leaves my skin soft, smooth and toned/tightened; (3) nice special occasion treat.

CONS: (1) very expensive; (2) jar is glass, so you have to be careful handling it; (3) too expensive for me to use it as recommended.

on 9/13/2012 10:25:00 PM

This is an extremely effective mask for hydrating and refreshing the skin however the very steep price tag means that I have only used it when I can get my hands on samples from Sephora. It has a strong cooling sensation on the skin which is very soothing and I left it on for longer than the directed 5-8 minutes. After I rinsed it my skin felt smooth and refreshed and I applied my toner, moisturizer and eye cream for a great mini-facial.

The reason I would not buy this "again" is because I just can't justify the $108 CAD price tag.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this mask!
Pros- leaves my skin feeling soft, super hydrating, refreshed! I love it for winter months when my skin gets super itchy and flakey.

Cons- The cool feeling can be a little iintense on super dry skin, can feel irritating immediately after use, moisturize right away to avoid feeling

on 2/23/2009 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got the opportunity to do a full facial at Fresh yesterday, and this was part of it. I have very sensitive skin, and this really stung for about ten minutes - it wasn't a great experience. My skin did feel much better after using, but it was *red* and it took a ton of foundation to cover it. I did disclose that I had uber sensitive skin and I would think the girl might have told me not to use... but whatever. For $85, I'll keep looking.

on 9/25/2008 4:51:00 PM

I have been having issues with my skin due to Retin-A Micro. It's clearing up but is very dry, especially around my mouth. I got a little sample at Sephora, tried it that night and must say I am impressed! This mask has a lovely whipped texture and goes on so nice and smooth. I left it on for about 5 mins. then rinsed. My flakies were gone and myh skin looked very radiant. It also felt hydrated. If I had $85 to spend on this I would definitely buy it!!!

on 10/21/2018 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got a large trial size of this (for free, I think) and used it as a 10 minute mask regularly for a few months. For me, it does what it claims. It immediately improves the appearance of my skin, makes it look smoother and minimizes fine lines, pores, and tone irregularities. The cost is ridiculous and I don't plan on buying it at normal price, but if it's a bonus or part of a value set, or seriously on sale, I will probably get it again.

After using this product as directed before bedtime I awoke with a FACE FULL of red spots and random bumps. My skin is not sensitive (heck, I use Good Genes as a daily moisturizer), and I never get zits. This is the first time I've had a reaction like this to a product. I'm just never impressed with Fresh products, and this is the last time I'll try them. Never again!

on 8/10/2014 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my first experience with a "hydrating" mask. When applied its almost translucent. Doesn't really dry but seems to absorb. Rinses easily with water. I did not notice any firming, but skin did glow and was moisturized. Did not cause me to break out.

on 1/28/2010 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The texture of this is so interesting that I cant even describe. It left my skin feeling very hydrated and smooth, but I just cant get over the smell.

All of the Black Tea products smell like cucumbers and old lady to me. I just dont care for the smell and dont want it sitting on my face.

Another great mask by Fresh. The Black Tea mask is so gentle -- like the Rose Mask -- and makes my skin so smooth, soft, and hydrated. Perfect for frequent use as if doesn't irritate your skin.