Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask
Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

Water, Glycerin, Rice Ferment Filtrate (Sake), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Betaine, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Litchi Chinensis Seed Extract, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Poloxamer 407, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Menthoxypropanediol, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Caramel, Citric Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Iron Oxides (CI77491), Biotin, BHT.

on 10/21/2008 3:38:00 PM

I've been eying this mask for quite a while, but kept being put off by the $85 price tag. I don't mind paying a higher price for my skincare items as long as they're worth it and can't be replaced by something less expensive that performs as well (and doesn't skimp on ingredients), but $85 for a mask that doesn't seem all that necessary seemed extravagant and silly. I finally broke down and asked for a pot of this as a gift and was given one.

The mask comes in a opaque white glass pot (which makes me worry about breaking it, but also makes it seem more expensive and luxurious; at least Fresh is making me feel better about the price tag by making the packaging fancier than plain plastic). It has a strange but wonderful whipped texture that's hard to describe and a scent that reminds me of fruity roses. In the jar, the Perfecting Mask is a semi-translucent white, but it goes on almost clear, making it a little hard to make sure that your whole face is covered evenly.

The mask gives a tingling sensation when it's applied (and it keeps tingling even after it's been rinsed off) to the skin that borders on burning. It doesn't hurt, but it feels like it's on the threshold. I actually like the sensation, but some people might not. It's similar to the feel of a lot of the lip plumping glosses on the market.

After rinsing this off (I left mine on for 10 minutes instead of the 5-8 recommended by Fresh), my skin looked incredible! Tight, toned, smooth and very soft, like velvet. It was almost like I had a silicone primer all over my face. My pores looked smaller and my skin felt wonderful.

For most people (myself included), this is probably going to be a special occasion/special treat mask. Fresh recommends using it 2-3 times a week, but at that rate, the jar wouldn't last long and at $85 I can't justify plowing through mine that fast.

I said I'd rebuy, but I'm not sure. It feels good and makes my skin look beautiful, but my skin's doing good without it. I'm not sure if I can justify the extravagance since my skin's already in fairly good shape.

PROS: (1) smooth, velvety, whipped texture; (2) leaves my skin soft, smooth and toned/tightened; (3) nice special occasion treat.

CONS: (1) very expensive; (2) jar is glass, so you have to be careful handling it; (3) too expensive for me to use it as recommended.

on 12/22/2013 1:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

It is an expensive mask, my most expensive bu far and definitely it's an better option than sisley's. Gave in to my temptation at Sephora after getting numerous samples of it. This mask gives a cooling feeling and there was once I left it overnight and I woke up to hydrated skin, which mostly isn't the case if I didn't go through my nightly skincare ritual. As do all masks, please exfoliate prior to using so you get the maximum benefit of it. Smell of this mask is bearable and not overwhelming. I have sensitive skin so I tend to be careful in the masks I choose for fear of being 'burned'. I will always recommend to get samples to try before buying. Hope this helps

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

WOW -- did this burn my skin, immediately after putting it on. I searched the label for menthol, mint, anything to explain the "cold burn". Hours later my face is still red -- albeit soft. Too bad, I liked the smell and consistency. UPDATE: After reading reviews, dummy me, I tried using this again. BIG mistake. My skin literally burns with this on it.

on 1/21/2014 10:39:00 PM

This did not "ball up"...It left my skin smooth and soft! It smells sweet! And is nice, white and creamy. my face tingled a bit after too! I think there's menthol in it?

on 2/13/2009 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have discovered heaven in a jar with the Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask! It's a great pick-me-up mask for starting your day, especially when your skin needs a boost of radiance and hydration. It's perfect for those days when you didn't get a full night's rest and you don't want it to show.

There is a cooling sensation when applied that you can't miss. But it's gentle, so you'll want to keep it on for the full 5-8 minutes. I'll definitely purchase again. This is a keeper.

on 10/21/2018 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got a large trial size of this (for free, I think) and used it as a 10 minute mask regularly for a few months. For me, it does what it claims. It immediately improves the appearance of my skin, makes it look smoother and minimizes fine lines, pores, and tone irregularities. The cost is ridiculous and I don't plan on buying it at normal price, but if it's a bonus or part of a value set, or seriously on sale, I will probably get it again.