Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask
Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Rice Ferment Filtrate (Sake), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Betaine, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Litchi Chinensis Seed Extract, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Poloxamer 407, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Menthoxypropanediol, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Caramel, Citric Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Iron Oxides (CI77491), Biotin, BHT.

on 10/8/2016 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Fresh skincare is always very hit or miss for me. I think that when you buy their products, for the most part, you are buying into the aesthetic...which is fine (I love pretty packaging), but you can definitely get products that are just as effective for less money.

That all said, this is one of my favorite Fresh products. It's a quick mask that is very easy to apply and rinse off, making it perfect for slapping on in the morning for 10 minutes before you do your makeup. It leaves the skin looking fresh and glowy - the perfect base for whatever else you are putting on your face. I don't think that this will do any heavy lifting in terms of eliminating dark spots or retexturizing, but it's the perfect product for when you probably should not have had that last glass of wine the night before or you didn't get enough sleep. It feels very cool on the face (I would avoid getting it on any skin that is open/irritated) and has a pleasant herbal smell.

In regards to packaging, like all Fresh stuff, it's beautiful - one to keep out in your bathroom for sure. The container feels sturdy and heavy, definitely luxurious, like you're giving yourself a treat. You either hate the jar packaging or you don't. I don't mind it, although I do try to keep it as hygienic as possible. In terms of ingredient stability, jars are not my favorite, but I also think that Paula is a bit too extreme, so it doesn't bother me (I am almost to the bottom of my first jar and the mask has not lost its efficacy).

Would I repurchase? Sometimes I wish MUA had a "Maybe" button, or "Depends on my wallet situation". I really love this product, but at the end of the day, it's not unique to the point of definitely being worth the INSANE $92 that it costs. If you want to treat yo'self and having a little bit of luxury in your life is important to you/lifts your spirits, definitely go for it. It provides a good instant, short-term boost. In terms of lasting skincare power, probably not worth the price.

on 3/30/2015 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I CAN'T BELIEVE I SPENT 90 DOLLARS ON THIS. IT DOES NOTHING. AT ALL. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

RUN AWAY. RUN VERY FAR AWAY. DO NOT BUY THIS. PLEASE. SPARE YOUR WALLET.

p.s. it smells like pickles. that's kind of weird, right?

As much as I like this product, it is quite pricey for what it does. I have normal skin that is dry from time to time, so it's not like I was expecting a ton of improvement to come from this mask. I figured if I can notice a difference from a $20 mask, I assumed I would too with a $100 mask.

I use this after I wash my face in the shower so that it's applied when my pores are still enlarged. It goes on cool, and does not ball up. It has a sorbet-kind of texture to it, very refreshing. I notice that it has a cooling sensation if you fan your face. I use it 2-3 times a week, for anywhere from 30-60 minutes each time. The instructions say to put it on for less, but considering how expensive it is, I decided to leave it longer to maximize my benefits.

It does not dry to a hard-shell finish, so it washes off very easily. Once washed off, I noticed my face very smooth...and that's it. Did not notice any minimizing of some of my redness on my face, nor did it particularly help with the dry patches on my face. It just left my skin kind of glowy and very smooth.

The packaging is very average. However, it is not travel friendly because the body of the jar is made out of glass.

If this was a $20 dollar mask, I would repurchase it. However, it is not. It did not help with my skin at all, or at least as much as I thought it would considering the price. Yes, it gave me baby-soft skin, but for the price, it is definitely not worth it.

on 9/6/2016 12:57:00 PM

I absolutely love this mask. I have tried quite a variety of masks (from sheet mask, to clay, to gel, to peel off etc), this is by far my favorite. I know some people don't like the texture of the product, but I love the dryish/light almost mashed potato consistency. I usually hate waiting for a mask to dry, but this one was so light that I didn't mind having it on for 30 minutes. It was not uncomfortable at all! After washing off with a wet face cloth, my skin was smoother, softer and brighter. Apart from the expensive cost, this is magic in a jar. Definitely my new favorite thing

on 10/21/2008 3:38:00 PM

I've been eying this mask for quite a while, but kept being put off by the $85 price tag. I don't mind paying a higher price for my skincare items as long as they're worth it and can't be replaced by something less expensive that performs as well (and doesn't skimp on ingredients), but $85 for a mask that doesn't seem all that necessary seemed extravagant and silly. I finally broke down and asked for a pot of this as a gift and was given one.

The mask comes in a opaque white glass pot (which makes me worry about breaking it, but also makes it seem more expensive and luxurious; at least Fresh is making me feel better about the price tag by making the packaging fancier than plain plastic). It has a strange but wonderful whipped texture that's hard to describe and a scent that reminds me of fruity roses. In the jar, the Perfecting Mask is a semi-translucent white, but it goes on almost clear, making it a little hard to make sure that your whole face is covered evenly.

The mask gives a tingling sensation when it's applied (and it keeps tingling even after it's been rinsed off) to the skin that borders on burning. It doesn't hurt, but it feels like it's on the threshold. I actually like the sensation, but some people might not. It's similar to the feel of a lot of the lip plumping glosses on the market.

After rinsing this off (I left mine on for 10 minutes instead of the 5-8 recommended by Fresh), my skin looked incredible! Tight, toned, smooth and very soft, like velvet. It was almost like I had a silicone primer all over my face. My pores looked smaller and my skin felt wonderful.

For most people (myself included), this is probably going to be a special occasion/special treat mask. Fresh recommends using it 2-3 times a week, but at that rate, the jar wouldn't last long and at $85 I can't justify plowing through mine that fast.

I said I'd rebuy, but I'm not sure. It feels good and makes my skin look beautiful, but my skin's doing good without it. I'm not sure if I can justify the extravagance since my skin's already in fairly good shape.

PROS: (1) smooth, velvety, whipped texture; (2) leaves my skin soft, smooth and toned/tightened; (3) nice special occasion treat.

CONS: (1) very expensive; (2) jar is glass, so you have to be careful handling it; (3) too expensive for me to use it as recommended.

on 8/2/2016 6:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Weird texture, thick and reminds me of cookie batter I'm not a fan. It felt like it was burning my face and was hard to keep on for 10 min. After rinsing (a lot) my skin did not feel dried out but it also didn't feel any better, or look any better. One pimple that was on it's way out dried up and fell off so I'll give it a lippie for that. I hate the scent a lot. Would not repurchase.

on 10/9/2009 1:13:00 PM

I was cruising around in Quorra, like I usually do and once again was looking at the Fresh product. I have only used the Fresh Sugar chapstick and the new rose tinted one, and I was really happy with both products even though I thought they were a little overpriced. I have heard some good and bad things about this mask and apparently I had $104.00 burning a hole in my pocket, cause I bought it. The consistancy reminded me of fresh bacon grease, except lighter in color. It certainly didn`t smell like bacon, it had a very light rose and cucumber scent. I felt the cooling sensation immediately and left the mask on for the recommended time. A little hard to wipe off, it turned a bit slimey, but eventually, using a warm face cloth, I managed it.
I was dissapointed to find that my skin, while feeling softer, looked pretty much the same. After applying my night time product, I went to sleep. This morning though, I really noticed a change in my skin. It look fresher, tighter and was very soft. My day time skin product melted into my skin and the over all look was dewy and soft. So, the mask did work, just in a prolonged manner, but not well enough to justify a $104.00 price tag. This will be used sparingly and once the glass jar is empty, I will probably use that for holding q-tips or
cotton pads as it`s really nice.

on 12/22/2013 1:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

It is an expensive mask, my most expensive bu far and definitely it's an better option than sisley's. Gave in to my temptation at Sephora after getting numerous samples of it. This mask gives a cooling feeling and there was once I left it overnight and I woke up to hydrated skin, which mostly isn't the case if I didn't go through my nightly skincare ritual. As do all masks, please exfoliate prior to using so you get the maximum benefit of it. Smell of this mask is bearable and not overwhelming. I have sensitive skin so I tend to be careful in the masks I choose for fear of being 'burned'. I will always recommend to get samples to try before buying. Hope this helps

I love this mask the smell is nice and crisp it has a nice cooling effect I leave it on for about an hour. I use this two- four times a week in the winter and one-two times a week in the summer I buy it during sephoras vib sale due to it being 88 dollars for 100ml I do stock up during that time. I would not say this mask is a must have but it is something that is really nice. One of the biggest mistakes people make with this mask is putting to much on at one time you need a very thin layer if you use to much it can burn a little but it leaves the skin glowing smooth and feeling nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

WOW -- did this burn my skin, immediately after putting it on. I searched the label for menthol, mint, anything to explain the "cold burn". Hours later my face is still red -- albeit soft. Too bad, I liked the smell and consistency. UPDATE: After reading reviews, dummy me, I tried using this again. BIG mistake. My skin literally burns with this on it.