Tom Ford Noir de Noir

Tom Ford Noir de Noir

4.2

Heaven in a bottle!! OH MY!!! New HG, and I have had it for a few months, & still CRAVE it if I cannot smell it on me!! I'm in LOVE! Dark Rose, as most have said on here is a very good description, I would also add, anyone that likes Oud fragrances, will love this. It is Expensive, but this gem is WORTH it~.There is NO other perfume that smells like this. I have tons of perfume, yes, I need meetings, but this has won my heart as HG, signature, & any other amazebombs category you can put it in. Natalie N on Youtube. Blond hair, Black Bebe shirt. I just wish it was a little less expensive, so more people could enjoy! I have Amber Absolute (Its Great), Noir Femme, (It's ok), & Black Orchid, (it's just OK too.)..This is WAY better, & smells nothing like any of those other TF's I have.

on 11/23/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The first hour is a spicy, leafy, incense-y, Christmasy, vanilla rose. But with rose not at all being the star player, it's fairly faint, powdery, soft and quite warm. A smooth opening for sure, if not my cup of tea.
After that it goes downhill more so, as it becomes a cherry tobacco-licorice-rose. And unlike Tobacco Vanille which I love, the tobacco note in this blend isn't doing it any favors. At least not for me. The dry down gives me mainly tobacco and then it's gone.
I prefer the darker incense of Cafe Rose to this.
Sillage is ok, it wears pretty close, and wear time for me was several hours. Nothing to write home about.

To Read all 13 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/17/2014 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is my favourite rose scent, with the notes well blended making it classy, sophisticated & sexy.

There are lots of comparisons to Black Orchid & White Patchouli! I own both & to me neither are like this. As with most TF scents I find this distinctive & unique.

I was luckily enough to receive this as an Christmas present. I absolutely love & it has become my signature scent. I have a 100ml bottle but use it only for special occasions due to the price.

Some people feel this is more masculine than feminine but I think it's a good rounded unisex fragrance, on my skin it projects feminine.

For me this is the perfect Rose which I have been searching for, for a long time. I love!

on 7/17/2013 9:35:00 PM

I tried this a few times. I am not good at fragrance description but the initial blast of this baby is rich chocolate and elegant black rose. Wonderful. But the dry down is awfully sweet like my grandma's perfume.

on 4/15/2013 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is one gorgeous fragrance! It's hard to describe but it's a very intense and dark rose... It's sweet, deep and has a hint of chocolate. It's my new favourite parfume. I love, love Tom Ford but this one is really my favourite of them all. It's just a shame it dosn't last that long at me. Only a few hours :( Normally his perfumes are everlasting on my skin but not this one :(

on 1/20/2013 2:23:00 PM

I won't describe the notes as everyone else has hit the nail on the head in describing Noir de Noir but I will add that this is one dark and sexy perfume. I understand that this is unisex however, I am leaning that this is more on the feminine side ..... it is long lasting and when my body chemistry is right, this scent is wonderful on me, however, sometimes I pick up a beer-like quality in the beginning notes, but it does dry down eventually.

on 11/24/2012 11:00:00 AM

This is a very sexy feminine perfume. It is warm and sultry. There are notes of vanilla but not cloying or gourmand. Perfect for a night out with your man. It also has great staying power.

on 10/18/2011 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

A review I read online stated perfectly that Noir de Noir is "the queen of flowers...in her darkest aspect". This is ROSE, but a dark, brooding, foreboding rose with no hint of romance whatsoever. Vanilla and saffron swirl beneath the surface and restrain NdN from going despairingly dark, but the patchouli and oakmoss keep the blend in its entirety thick, rich, and with only a pinprick of light. This is not Cinderella, this is her evil stepmother: cruel, haughty, and without remorse or regret. The sweet and innocent best keep away. Noir de Noir layers quite well with Tuscan Leather if you wish to make it more masculine (NdN is too feminine on its own to sit well on a man) and/or you wish to quash that last remnant of light and make it completely dark.

on 5/10/2011 8:44:00 PM

There are very few fragrances that I love from the first sniff. Noir de Noir was a casual encounter at Heathrow Terminal Three and it was definitely love from the word go. Sweet, creaminess, darkness but not much of a chypre in my humble opinion. Still it's a delicious dark scent that's unisex. One star off because as paschat has already noted, the lasting power is not much. All the oomph is in the first half hour and then it's much milder . It's top heavy . I don't mind though, I do love this. I would have bought it if I had enough room in my liquids ziplock bag at the time.

Edit: I bought the 100 ml bottle with the most delight shortly after I purchased Black Violet .
Noir de Noir is Tom Ford's Turkish Delight scent . Still in love with this .

Opening reminds me of Patchouli Noir but more smooth, begins to be rosy, soft velvety petals. Patch gets dry, makes scent similar to but more dusty than Rose en Noir. For my taste the rose here is too soft & pink, overpowers the darkness. Drydown is just "eh" powdery patch & sweet rose softness.. I much prefer Rose en Noir.

Popular Fragrances