Bobbi Brown Metallic Eyeshadow in Rockstar

Metallic Eyeshadow in Rockstar

3.6

on 1/27/2017 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't know if I got a bad batch. But my e/s is awful.

It looks great in the pan, a grey/brown/silver. It swatches well also. On my eyelids, it is a light silver color with glitter.

On application, the pigmentation is extremely poor and virtually doesn't show up. I get silver glitter chunks all over my lids with fallout+++. It's powdery, with product kickup.

I definitely do not recommend. It's $42AUD but the quality is equivalent to a drugstore product.

on 7/21/2011 1:59:00 AM

It appeared dark silver on my lids but not so much shimmer. I had to build up the color. It does not crease even after sweating and it lasts. Its a wearable color for a day and night time look. Not so highly pigmented so its natural. I had to tap off the excess from the brush before applying as it tends to powder all over.

on 4/23/2011 12:06:00 AM

I have been searching for a dupe (in color) to MAC's Shimma paint, and I thought this would be it. Rockstar is very close, just a tad darker. I may be the only one who thinks this, but to me, the color is purplish silver. It could also fit in the taupe family. This is my first Bobbi Brown purchase ever. I am disappointed with it, however. It is not very pigmented and takes a lot of product to build up the color. I ended up foiling the eyeshadow. That was only slightly better. Ladies, if you want this color in a great formula, buy NYX's Beanie eyeshadow. That is a dupe for this color-wise. Much cheaper and better quality.

This color is an extremely light silver color. It appeared much lighter on me than in the packaging. It came across too shimmery, which was a real surprise to me. Usually Bobbi Brown shadows are much more subtle in there colors and finishes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a gorgeous shiny true gray color that makes for a stunning gray smoky eye. The staying power is also great.

But all things considered, Bobbi Brown's eyeshadow is kind of expensive. This shade isn't even unique, and easily dupable by MAC Silver Ring or the like. I think that the packaging is rather bulky and a little awkward, and delicate if you transfer it into the palette. Given that, it's wildly overpriced.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Overall, this is an okay product. It's my first Bobbi Brown product and honestly probably my last. It shows up a true gray color, great for day by itself or in combination with other colors for a smoky look. Staying power is great, it looks the same after a long day as it does when I first put it on. The only bad thing is I have to put to or three coats of it on for it to show up and look semi-even, it just doesn't glide on evenly even when paired with a cream base.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got a full size Rockstar free from Bobbi Brown website together with some other purchase. It is more shimmer than color pay off. I have a little bit fall offs. You need to pat on instead of sweeping back forth. I like to lay on BB shadow grey. It is true grey/gunmetal with lots of silver shimmer. No blue/brown/purple undertones. Not super but it is a good if you want grey/gunmetal smoky eyes.

on 8/17/2009 2:26:00 PM

Rockstar is a grey/gunmetal/silver shade. It's quite lovely. It is a bit lighter than I expected, but it blends nicely with other shades. I really like Bobbi's shadows, and this one is no exception.

on 7/17/2009 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I looove this shadow. It's definately an reached HG status for me. I'm cream 02 in Prescriptives Flawless Finish (so I'm very fair), and this shows up as a silvery, shimmery purple on my eyelids, yet the purple is not too intense. I've used other colors that seem to look the same in the packaging, yet none look the same on. It's very pretty! The staying power is great as well. I've worn it for up to 12 hours without having to touch it up AND that's without pairing it with a base.

I'm disappointed in this. I've been a longtime BB fan & Rockstar has mythic status but I found the pigmentation weak plus it doesn't stay long on my eyes. I thought it would be something like Rock in the stonewashed nudes palette, but it's not -- I like Rock a lot more. Rockstar not as soft or creamy as other of her e/s. I agree it's a nice neutral, and adds a silver shimmer, other e/s have enough shimmer in them without adding a 2nd coat of Rockstar; I don't really want to layer e/s and especially not for $22. Maybe with the right primer it'll be different. I'm NC 15-20. Someone suggested the Metallics go on better with a pinkie or a cheapie foam applicator; i do this but it's still a weak wash of color. I'll probably swap this.