4.7

price range

Reviews

3.0

9 years ago

I purchased this in "Lose Control" after purchasing "Provocateur". I do not care for it as much as "Provocateur" (see review), but it is still a very pretty darker brown with gorgeous shimmer/sparkle. Both eyeshadows are more of a cream base instead of a powder base. I find finger application much easier and better than brush application. This shade works well in the crease when paired with "Provocateur". This shade also looks nice when used as an all-over lid color with dark colored liners, creating a smoky, sultry effect. My only complaint with these eyeshadows is that they crease, even when used with eyeshadow primers. I do not have oily eyelids, and there is nothing that I can do to keep them from creasing. Also, "Lose Control" crumbled in the container, creating a mess in my makeup bag. I can't really say that it is a packaging quality issue, because my "Provocateur" has not had this problem. I will re-purchase even with the creasing issue and with it having broken, just because it creates that pretty of an effect. I would have given it a "4" instead of a "3" had it not broken.

About reviewer (141 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

I love this eyeshadow! The color is so pretty, it's a perfect rich sparkly brown color. It makes my light blue eyes look amazing, it makes them pop so much and makes them look doll like! I think it would look amazing on any eye color as well. This is my new favorite eyeshadow. (:

About reviewer (40 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

9 years ago

Not much to say, other than I love this eyeshadow! I am an NW35 with dark brown eyes, and this colour looks stunning on me. I never realized it until I read the MUA reviews, but Lose Control does indeed resemble NARS Galapagos! (except, Galapagos has more gold sparkle in my opinion) Lose Control is a beautiful deep smoky bronze, that can be patted on for daytime, or extra layered for evening. I was debating between Lose Control, or MAC's Bronze and I am happy that I chose Lose Control! However, the packaging is not the best, as it is somewhat difficult to open.

About reviewer (173 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

How did I live without this shadow? It is a gorgeous rich chocolate brown, slightly metallic color with silver shimmer. I either wear it alone on my lid and pair it with black liner, or pair it with a matte black e/s and create a super sexy smokey eye. The texture is smooth -- maybe too smooth as if you were to dip your brush into it, it may put a dent in it. That said, I like to use a flat brush and pat it on. Then I'll blend the edges. I get little to no fall-out that way. Overall, this shade is very flattering, It looks lovely on all eye colors imo. Must have for only $10!

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I swatched these while in VS and was rather impressed with the colors and the sparkle, not to mention the price. I bought this color and my biggest regret is that I didn't buy another color as well. I have worn this several times now and it's goes on so smooth and the sparkle is so pretty and subtle. The shadow seems very pigmented. I can't wait to get a couple other colors.

About reviewer (117 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

Love this! Took off a lip because it seems a bit chalky, not really silky..but the color is amazing. Works to create a smokey eye!

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

from

10 years ago

Second fav VS eyeshadow color. This is a dark chocolate brown shadow with gold sparkle like other reviewers have mentioned. Goes on pigmented but you can sheer it out with blending. The quality of the eyeshadow is amazing and it's buttery soft. Packaging is good and the price is spot on. Not sure if it's a dupe for NARS Galapagos but will test it out.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

10 years ago

I've been searching for the perfect eyeshadow for my my everyday look. I found it with this eyeshadow. This color shows up perfectly on my skin tone, it looks like sparkle. No color, just sparkle, and I absolutely love it. For others, it may be an actual brown eyeshadow, but since I'm "brown", it's pretty much a sheer sparkle that I get. Definitely recommend it!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBrown

EyesBlack

10 years ago

This is basically a $10 version of NARs Galapagos. Awesome!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

11 years ago

This is a beautiful rich chocolate brown shadow. It is highly pigmented and has gold sparkles. Goes on so rich, you can use it dry as a liner, or as a shadow on the lids. Looks amazing on brown eyes. Somewhat similar to NARS Galapagos shadow but much cheaper!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone