Victoria's Secret Lose Control

Victoria's Secret Lose Control

4.7

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this in "Lose Control" after purchasing "Provocateur". I do not care for it as much as "Provocateur" (see review), but it is still a very pretty darker brown with gorgeous shimmer/sparkle. Both eyeshadows are more of a cream base instead of a powder base. I find finger application much easier and better than brush application. This shade works well in the crease when paired with "Provocateur". This shade also looks nice when used as an all-over lid color with dark colored liners, creating a smoky, sultry effect.
My only complaint with these eyeshadows is that they crease, even when used with eyeshadow primers. I do not have oily eyelids, and there is nothing that I can do to keep them from creasing.
Also, "Lose Control" crumbled in the container, creating a mess in my makeup bag. I can't really say that it is a packaging quality issue, because my "Provocateur" has not had this problem. I will re-purchase even with the creasing issue and with it having broken, just because it creates that pretty of an effect.
I would have given it a "4" instead of a "3" had it not broken.

on 12/24/2010 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this eyeshadow! The color is so pretty, it's a perfect rich sparkly brown color. It makes my light blue eyes look amazing, it makes them pop so much and makes them look doll like! I think it would look amazing on any eye color as well. This is my new favorite eyeshadow. (:

on 9/1/2010 7:03:00 PM

I swatched these while in VS and was rather impressed with the colors and the sparkle, not to mention the price. I bought this color and my biggest regret is that I didn't buy another color as well. I have worn this several times now and it's goes on so smooth and the sparkle is so pretty and subtle. The shadow seems very pigmented. I can't wait to get a couple other colors.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Love this! Took off a lip because it seems a bit chalky, not really silky..but the color is amazing. Works to create a smokey eye!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Not much to say, other than I love this eyeshadow! I am an NW35 with dark brown eyes, and this colour looks stunning on me. I never realized it until I read the MUA reviews, but Lose Control does indeed resemble NARS Galapagos! (except, Galapagos has more gold sparkle in my opinion) Lose Control is a beautiful deep smoky bronze, that can be patted on for daytime, or extra layered for evening. I was debating between Lose Control, or MAC's Bronze and I am happy that I chose Lose Control! However, the packaging is not the best, as it is somewhat difficult to open.

on 11/13/2010 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

How did I live without this shadow? It is a gorgeous rich chocolate brown, slightly metallic color with silver shimmer. I either wear it alone on my lid and pair it with black liner, or pair it with a matte black e/s and create a super sexy smokey eye. The texture is smooth -- maybe too smooth as if you were to dip your brush into it, it may put a dent in it. That said, I like to use a flat brush and pat it on. Then I'll blend the edges. I get little to no fall-out that way. Overall, this shade is very flattering, It looks lovely on all eye colors imo. Must have for only $10!

on 5/11/2010 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is basically a $10 version of NARs Galapagos. Awesome!

on 8/16/2010 6:16:00 PM

Second fav VS eyeshadow color. This is a dark chocolate brown shadow with gold sparkle like other reviewers have mentioned. Goes on pigmented but you can sheer it out with blending. The quality of the eyeshadow is amazing and it's buttery soft.

Packaging is good and the price is spot on. Not sure if it's a dupe for NARS Galapagos but will test it out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a beautiful rich chocolate brown shadow. It is highly pigmented and has gold sparkles. Goes on so rich, you can use it dry as a liner, or as a shadow on the lids. Looks amazing on brown eyes. Somewhat similar to NARS Galapagos shadow but much cheaper!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've been searching for the perfect eyeshadow for my my everyday look. I found it with this eyeshadow. This color shows up perfectly on my skin tone, it looks like sparkle. No color, just sparkle, and I absolutely love it. For others, it may be an actual brown eyeshadow, but since I'm "brown", it's pretty much a sheer sparkle that I get. Definitely recommend it!