SinfulColors Vacation Time

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Sinful colors have some of the best colors out there. This is affordable but not the cheapest/most expensive product out there. I would much rather spend 2 dollars instead of 8-9 when I feel the quality is very similar. Took me two cotes to get the color that I was going for but once achieved, it looked great.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This does not really remind me of vacation time as it is a pretty muted shade.
It also does not look that great on my skintone :( .
Still a nice polish but sadly I won't be using it.

To Read all 50 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/18/2015 11:30:00 PM

This is the polish that made me realize that it hadn't been Sinful that had been messed up; it had been me. I always was tempted to buy their polishes, what with the huge range of shades and the super low prices. But, I always thought the brand's polish was unduly thick and gloppy. And then I bought this polish, and realized: this is a polish that if you go against all you've been taught, and only do one coat, then it is a treasure.

Sinful polishes are thicker than most, but they are also truly opaque, smooth and glossy with just one coat. It had been my fault this whole time, for trying to layer it, when it didn't need it. This is a one and done. And beautifully done at that.

Vacation Time is not fittingly named (this shade screams fall to me) but it is a lovely color. It's a rose-mocha that is reminiscent of the popular mauve-brown lipsticks of the 90's. It is pretty and natural and neutral all at once. The polish goes on smoothly, has nice shine, and dries pretty quickly.

Definitely recommend this color and other Sinful polishes if you can break yourself of the two+ coats rule!

This color is alright, and I might buy it again. It's like a dusty dark pink that in some lights looks brown-ish.

The formula is slightly thick but not too bad. The only downfall about it is that it chips somewhat fast so I recommend using a good topcoat.

If you like the color, get it! For a $2 polish it is pretty good. I like it for something that wont really stand out yet its not as boring as a nude polish.

on 6/12/2014 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me start by saying this polish looked *nothing* on my hands like it did in the bottle! I thought it would be a brownish-mauvey/rose, but it was more of a tannish terracotta on my nails. I just didn't like the color...too warm for my taste. It made me think of the MAC Spice lip pencil in nail polish form -- it was that same shade. Yes, it's neutral, but not necessarily all that inspiring. I guess, either you love it (as many previous reviewers obviously do) or you don't. To me, it's sort of blah and boring. I do have to say that the polish applied very evenly with a nice opaque finish after two coats. And it only cost me a buck on sale at Walgreens -- bonus! All said, I think I'll save this for my toes in summer when I have a bit of a tan. Otherwise, it's just not for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

An excellent nude/neutral color! Great wear and excellent application. A MUST-HAVE in my collection

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I came across this polish while searching for the perfect my skintone color for a mannequin nails look.This color is the perfect match for my Cherokee/tan skin.The formula is comparable to my higher end polishes at a fraction of the cost,and it will look good on many skin tones.While there's nothing particularly exciting about it,I don't consider it grandma-ish either.I'm really loving a more neutral nail lately,and this accomplishes that as well.Would definitely repurchase.Beware that not all Sinful Colors polishes have a great formula like this one.

on 1/22/2014 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a brown-pink polish in the same family as OPI's Barefoot in Barcelona, only more pink. Vacation Time is a deep rose with brown undertones.

These colors look great on people with warmer and/or darker skin tones, but not so much on the cool-toned ladies such as myself. The formula is thin but builds nicely to a streak-free finish in two coats.

You know it could look good but it's not "me". I think it's called Vacation Time because it's a work-friendly polish color. I imagine staring at my nails after a hard week at work and thinking- vacation time!

on 11/30/2013 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love sinful colors. Ever since I started painting my nails I have used these colors.I love the pinks and purples and blues and well basically all of them. I love the glitter ones. I recommend buying these nail polishes!!!

on 11/20/2013 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This was a top rated product from Make Up Alley. I happened to have this in my untrieds so I was excited to pull this out for a nice fall manicure. After using this I disagree with that recommendation. The formula on this is really thin though and this goes on streaky. The polish tended to want to run and it's more work to get an even layer of this. The second coat did even it out a lot but I was able to put it on a bit thicker. This is a warm rosy shade and I kept thinking I had something like it already. After looking in my stash I found China Glaze's Dress Me Up and side by side these are sister polishes. Dress Me Up is a shade lighter and not as rosy. I really wanted to like this polish once I got it on, but it is so boring and nothing about it really stands out and makes me want to look at my pretty nails. It really needs some shimmer or a golden inner glow or something. I am already bored with it and it has only been a day. Even though this isn't much of a stand alone shade, it is great for doing nail art and I like the warmth and the creamy woodrose color overall. With my skintone it really does nothing for me, although on someone else this will probably look fabulous. It is a bargain at only .99 on sale. I wouldn't get it again though since I have the similar shade in Dress Me Up and I like the China Glaze formula and color better.

Popular Polishes