Wet 'n' Wild 505A Light Berry Frost

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/20/2016 10:53:00 AM

This is a nice shade of pink. My only problem is that it stands out, a little TOO much. If it was lighter, I think it would be nicer. However, I use it for special occasions and it works fine.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ahh the beginning of the month & the money's already spoken for so I, also having very little money, decided I wanted to get some new makeup so I headed to the Wetnwild section at Kroger for the $0.87 section of makeup (got Light Berry Frost & Breeze lipsticks w a Teal & a Gold glitter; & for a little more got 2 MegaSlicks glosses & a tube of glassy gloss) all of that set me back less than ~$10 can't beat that I can't even get one MAC lippie for that. Light Berry Frost is very similar to MegaSlicks in Cherish on me slightly darker pink. It is a color like CoverGirl probably would offer for $5+ more. It is perf for old ladies like me. This probably wouldn't interest a hip younger lady as the color is a bit dated, maybe if you are 30s you have fond memories of this reminiscent of a jr high color u, like me, may have owned in your former glorious youth. Mine was even wnw! In the white packaging w silver label & I was about 7 or 8. Now all of the colors out there are vampy, red or nude. Hard to find good frosts! My next purchase will be wnw Cherry Frost. And I think this is much easier to wear than Fuschia W Blue Pearl, which is much more bright/deep on me. This color is camp as Christmas but i like that sort of thing.

To Read all 16 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I will admit that I bought this lipstick solely based upon the fact that it was 93 cents at Walmart. I wanted to branch out from my typical nudes and brownish-mauves so I figured it was a risk free way to try a new color, since I wouldn't feel guilty for chucking a 93 cent lipstick if it wasn't any good. I was pleasantly surprised by both the color and the formula. It is very smooth and feels good on the lips. So far I haven't had any problems with it bleeding, even without a lip liner (which I can't say for some of the high end lipsticks I've tried!). The color looks very bright in the tube, but once it's on the lips it's a nice pink that's bright but not too bold. It's not the longest lasting lipstick I've tried, but for 93 cents I don't mind touching it up when I need to.

The only thing I don't like about this is the packaging. The lipstick doesn't go all the way back down into the tube when you twist it down. The top of the tube is clear, which is nice because you can see the product, but also a negative because it looks messy when you get product on the inside of the lid. The other negative about the packaging is that the newer versions have a lid that's kind of swooped down in the front, so you have to pay attention to which way the lid is going on so it lines up properly. Kind of a pain, but again, it was 93 cents so I can live with it. The lipstick itself kind of rattles around inside the tube and it kind of feels like it could fall out if you're not careful with it. If it breaks, I'll just de-pot it into a palette and use a lip brush for application.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend any of the Wet & Wild lipsticks I've tried. They're a good quality product and they're a fun and inexpensive way to branch out and try new colors.

Love this !!! I think it is a super wearable pink that lasts a long time and is not sticky or smelly. I a super satisfied for 97 cents! I will repurchase

on 11/2/2012 8:38:00 PM

I love the color of this and it is suprisingly wearable, I think most people just need to get used to seeing themselves in something other than nudes and muted pinks. For testing purposes I have put this on 5 of my friends, all with various skin tones and undertones. Suprisingly this color looked AMAZING on all of them, I will actually post a pic of all of us wearing it if I can find it. The texture is ok however I def think the application could be smoother, even with just exfoliated lips it still applies somewhat patchy and is not opaque in one swipe. But thats a very minor technical difficulty for a 98 cent lipstick...ill deal with it lol. The color however is not a dupe for rockin chick from the Barbie collection in my opinion. They may look similar in the tube but on the lips look much different and the Barbie lipstick has an almost duochrome finish to it on my lips. Just my opinion however. Good luck and happy makeup buying!!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This pink just ended up looking garish on me. I tried to make it work, and it's super pigmented so it probably looks amazing on darker skin tones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wow! This color is beautiful! It's a pretty hot pink, or as I like to call it, Barbie Pink. It really brightens my face up, even if I use it with a coat of Vaseline underneath to tone down the color (for school). It also doubles as a cream blush! I love to put this on my cheeks and then put pressed powder over to get a "glow from within" look. This paired with using it on your lips and a coat of mascara gives you a perfect, simple way to brighten up your face without looking overdone. :)

on 2/14/2012 2:49:00 PM

This is insane. I tried so many lipsticks. High end, Revlon, Loreal, maybelline. How can the best be Wet n wild. I don't even want to consider it, cause it's dirt cheap. Not until I went through a youtube review, I tried 511b. It's so moisturizing, better then drugstore and the same as high end ones. HRRR> Now I tried more colors, they are also good. Try it, youwon't regret for only $0.54!!

I looooove this lipstick! The color is GORGEOUS. Especially with my light skintone. It's not drying, and it's a nice satin finish. I'm not a fan of shiny or shimmery lipsticks but this one looks amazing with it! I just bought it today and want to buy another one. I bought the bright red one, and love that one also!

on 12/6/2010 9:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a dupe of MAC Rocking Chick lipstick from Barbie collection... a very pretty light berry shade!

for swatches: