4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I've been using the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners for a while now, & I've been sharpening them with my usual sharpener. I noticed I was wasting a lot of the eyeliner because of the sharpener I was using. Although my sharpener was good, it wasn't good for Urban Decay's pencils. I finally bought the Urban Decay Grindhouse sharpener, for $10...which is kind of ridiculous. I actually ended up getting 2 extra ones for free, so now I have 3. This sharpener works well with the Urban Decay eyeliners. I don't waste as much eyeliner as before. & as most people know, UD's eyeliners are expensive...$18 each. So you really want to make sure you don't waste that. Overall, I would reccommend this sharpener for UD eyeliners. I really haven't tried sharpening any other pencils with this sharpener, but I'm sure it still works well for other pencils.

About reviewer (393 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

8 years ago

This is the best sharpener I've come across - as it is both functional and beautiful! A really good investment as so much product tends to get wasted with other sharpeners I've tried - even ones from high end brands. Grindhouse makes light work both of ultra creamy pencils like the UD 24/7 liners, and of powdery pencils like Lancome's crayon poudre for brows. It sharpens pencils to a softly rounded point with minimal waste. I've bought three: one for my eye liner, one for lip pencil, one for eyebrow pencil. But they sharpen so cleanly, I'm probably being overly fussy about using separate ones. (In fact, I've been using my sharpeners for a few months, and still the mechanisms aren't clogged enough to warrant the use of the little pick/pin device that's secured within the cap.)

About reviewer (305 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

8 years ago

Best sharpener I've come across for my 24/7s. Before this I was using my other sharpeners that came free with my liners (Chanel, Dior etc.) but they never seemed to work for my 24/7s so I caved in and splurged. They're fantastic, all my pencils, including non UD ones are sharpened to a nice clean point which makes a huge difference in application. They work great for my larger pencils like the Nars Velvet Lip Pencils. Never thought I'd be raving about something so mundane as a sharpener but the Grind House sharpeners are quality and worth the extra price. I bought a 2nd piece as backup just in case too.

About reviewer (235 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

8 years ago

GOOD SHARPENER.UD($10), Makeup Forever($7.00), NARS($6.00), MAC($7.00), and various other labels produce the same sharpener in different packaging. if you look at the blade/s they all are MADE IN GERMANY and have a logo that resembles a crown. i had the grindhouse, the mac, and now the makeup forever version.the only difference is the price. i had a dollar sharpener from target, and there is a noticeable difference. the cheapy sharpener is rough. this wastes a lot of product. if you want to save your pencils, invest in a decent sharpener.and maintain it by keeping it clean and clear.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrunette

8 years ago

This sharpener is awesome. I had to buy it because my little drugstore sharpener was eating up my 24/7 liners and so i had assumed they would just sharpen good with the UD grindhouse but as soon as i used it it sharpened so smooth and i even sharpened my MAC pencils and it did them good too. I was hesitant about sharpening my white pencil since i had sharpened my black before that and i figured black stuff was gonna get all over it and id have to clean it off but it sharpened smooth and clean, i was very impressed and so ive thrown away my drugstore sharpener and i will never ever use another one as long as they sell this one!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I never thought I would be writing a review for a eyeliner pencil sharpener! I have a Christian Dior Sharpener that came with the Eyeliner when I first brought it, and I had that for several years, works fine, I mean it a pencil sharpener. Then I later purchase a no name pencil sharpener at the local $1 store because I have some of those Jumbo pencil which didn't fit into my Dior one, which still sharpened my pencils, but never smooth, both on the wood and the actual tip of the pencil, and sometimes it breaks while sharpening which meant I had to sharpen more and lose more products, but I blamed that on the pencil and not the sharpener. I got this as an unexpected freebie in a purchase, nothing exciting ....WOW a Sharpener big deal! But let me tell you this sharpener is amazing, Sharpens my eyeliner effortlessly without removing too much products, always give that extreme point when needed, never ever breaks my eyeliner especially great on those really really soft pencil eyeliner.

About reviewer (491 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

It works great! I was unsure about the price at first but I ended up buying it in a gift set so I got a good deal. It's my favorite sharpener. I use it every week. I would deff recommend!

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

9 years ago

Who knew that sharpeners could be so different/better than another sharpener......not me! Lol! This baby is so fantastic! This one does not eat up my pricey UD, Clinique or MUF... pencil gel liners. Yay!!! Any type of liner glides through this so smoothly and effortless. It also gives a nice clean point..........fast! (I also have the NYX sharpener and I do believe that it is basically the same....just cheaper and colored black instead of this cool purple)

About reviewer (189 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

After purchasing a couple 24/7 liners I had to get this sharpener. I was happy with my old one but the UD liners didn't fit into it. Grind House was 100% worth it to me though it is kinda overpriced, it looks cute and sharpens my liner's perfectly. Either way I was kinda forced into buying it or I knew my 24/7 liner's would get ruined in my old sharpener and didn't want to take any chances with them not fitting into any other sharpeners.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I've had a lot of sharpeners in my time, some good, some not so good, some "good enough". I got this one specifically to sharpen the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eyeshadow Pencils, which are fatter than the liner pencils. This sharpener has 2 openings, though - one for standard lip and eye pencils and one for chubbier ones. And this is a GREAT sharpener. It sharpens even the rather soft and easily breakable eyeshadow pencils without any problems and without breakage (I do pop all my pencils in the freezer for 15 min. or so before sharpening them). It will work on everything from NYX Jumbo Pencils to Mac lipliners with equal ease and good results! I don't think you can find a better sharpener than this one. It really is the only sharpener you could ever need and I wish I'd bought it before buying all the others I've accumulated over the years.

About reviewer (1495 reviews)

Age44-55