Clinique High Impact Lip Colour in Plum Nude

No Image

on 11/29/2011 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a gorgeous lipstick. The color is exactly as the name describes: a plum nude. It's not too dark or light. It's a perfect shade. As I've gotten older, deep plums that used to look great on me, now look too harsh and this color is exactly what I was looking for. My new fave!

on 10/18/2011 3:30:00 PM

I bought this originally because it has some sun protection in it, and it has become one of my three staple lipsticks. It's the one I carry round all the time in my handbag, to touch up whatever lipstick I put on first thing in the morning. If it's hot and dry, I also add a bit of Clinique's Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 over the top. So my lipstick routine (when I stick to the routine, which isn't all the time!), is Clinique's Sweet Honey Different Lipstick over a filed-in pinky/brown lipliner, followed up during the day when I'm out, with the Plum Nude High Impact. The Plum Nude colour is quite subdued but flattering on me (I think!), and difficult to describe as it's not quite like it looks in the tube. I find it just right for daytime/outdoor use. For info, my third staple lipstick is a Laura Mercier one - 'Plum', a fairly soft plum/rose which I use for evenings and dressing up as it gives me a richer pigmented colour, but not too red or bright, with a slightly sparkly finish.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Lovely! This is such a nice color and the posting below is very accurate on all levels. Online Clinique's website, the color they show looks nothing like what this actually is in person. When I saw this at the counter, my eyes went right to it. It looks darker in the tube but is such a nice light/medium nude plum color. My coloring: pale skin, green eyes, dark brunette hair, neutral/cool but I cannot wear lip colors that are too nude or too plummy and this color is just perfect! It feels very nice on and I love the texture. I just went back to the website to explore other shades and I am disappointed on how different the colors online look to what I remember seeing in person, but that's usually how Clinique is (wish their site more accurately showed the colors). So, I can't want to go back to the counter and explore other colors because I really like the texture & wearability. I wouldn't call this very long wearing, but it is longer wearing than most and doesn't dry out my lips over time like most lipsticks do. I highly recommend this color and a trip to the counter to check out other shades!

on 8/21/2008 7:49:00 PM

Clinique High Impact Lip Colour in Plum Nude

Color: Muted, soft medium plum with a neutral undertone (not warm or cool)

Finish: Satin, opaque, very elegant

Moisturizing property: I don't need lipbalm underneath and my lips are very dry.

Staying Powder: Wear off evenly and left a nice stain on lips without drying after a McDonald breakfast with hash brown and everything. If you eat little to no food, it practially last the entire day. But it didn't survive when I ate Chow Mein.

All in all, an above aveage staying powder, better than Butter Shine (btw, it's more opaque and less shiny than Butter Shine, more "grown-up" finish I would say)

Feel: Very well-dressed lips, it may look heavy but it's not at all actually.

Popular Lips Products