Urban Decay Sellout

Urban Decay Sellout

3.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Classic Shades Ingredients: (Wanted, Gravity, Trainwreck, Vinyl, Voodoo, Buzzkill, Apocalypse, Sellout, Requiem, Jailbait, Wicked, Gash), Octyldodecanol ,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate,Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate,Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax,Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate,Polybutene ,Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline) Wax,Flavor (Aroma),Phenyl Trimethicone, Ozokerite,Retinyl Palmitate,Ascorbyl Palmitate,Tocopherol,Tocopheryl Acetate,Lecithin,Sodium Hyaluronate,Butylene Glycol,Caprylyl Glycol,Ethylhexyl Palmitate,Silica Dimethyl Silylate,Anise Alcohol,Citric Acid May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron oxides), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake).

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The color is a warm, earthy rose and looks very good on my skin (light and olive). It applies smoothly, doesn't dry out my lips, tastes decent (not horrible, not great), and wears very well. Not a top-10 lipstick, but still good.

The packaging definitely needs to be changed: the dagger is cute as an imprint on the bullet, but not cute when it's metal and sticking out of the end of the case. That dagger plus the already bulky packaging means it's the largest and heaviest tube of lipstick out there--not a plus at all, especially when trying to tuck it into a pocket or small makeup bag. UD should focus more on improving the lipstick even more, than on over-the-top packaging.

My lips are normally very dry and most lipsticks highlight my flaky lips. This lipstick is very hydrating! I thought the color might be a bit dark for my skintone, but it's very flattering on my pale skin.

on 4/22/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Horrendous taste! Whoshore described it well, since I actually thought it was tampered with/poisoned until I read the reviews. It sounds dramatic, but it was that awful. Like very strong, bitter medication. I generally like lipsticks with an unpleasant taste, since it keeps me from licking it off. I must have bought an extra-strong one- I put it on once, tasted it, then felt nauseated the rest of the day. The little sword attachment on the end is another "wtf?" detail. What's the point? It's so sharp, it might tear up a purse lining or coat pocket. I love Urban Decay eyeshadows and liners, very disappointed with this. It's almost as if nobody tested it before releasing.

on 12/4/2011 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Whoshore's review KILLED me. Who could not find that helpful? Maybe someone from UD clicked no...but I digress.

Everyone is spot on, this color is a dream. Just enough warm color to not look washed out, creamy feel, perfect coverage, and then you taste it. What IS that? Blerghghhh. I have never tasted rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover, but I'm pretty sure it tastes like Urban decay's Sellout lipstick. Just as an experiement to see if it's just that shade, I am wearing Midnight Cowboy lipstick as I type this and yep... it's kinda funky too, though not as bad.

(Grandma voice) I remember when Urban Decay first came out with lipsticks and polishes, I do not remember them leaving a pill residue taste in the back of your throat...well, the lipsticks, I mean. Anyway, I am not not mad. If they fix this taste issue, I'd have a HG lipcolor.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this shade. I am medium/tan and this just looks so naturally gorgeous, perfect MLBB. It's very sheer, so it actually looks like my lips are that colour, rather than like I have a coloured creme on my lips.
The packaging looks nice, but very impractical with that sword.
I too notice the smell/taste that everyone mentions, and have absolutely no problem with it. The smell is a bit like liquorice, the taste is rather bitter. I love it. It sort of reminds me that I'm wearing Urban Decay, if that makes any sense. The line was created to be edgy, and they've since moved heavily into the mainsteam, but I like that they still have edgy names, way too much glitter in their shadows, unusual packaging, etc. The chemical taste just seems to be in line with that. Plus it keeps be from wanting to lick my lips. Besides, I can't stand that annoyingly nauseating vanilla scent that everyone likes about MAC lipsticks, whereas I love the fig smell of Estee Lauder lippies that people seem to not like. Personal preferences are random. Just be sure to smell and taste this lipstick on your lips before you buy it, in case the smell/taste bothers you.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

OK I thought it was just me. I just bought Urban Decay's Sellout for the first time hree days ago and keep getting this horrible taste when I put it on.
At first I thought it was the lip serum I was using underneath.

I have never used this brand before and my first thoughts were how I like the look of the color. But everr time I get an accidental taste I think what happens when I KISS someone for the first time. This is what they get to taste!

I am surprised I didn't notice the tatse when I tried it on in Sephora.
I read in some reviews how some people have gotten use to it. I don't think this is something you should just get used to. They need to change their formula to get rid of this bitterness.
I have NEVER in my life had lipstick that had an after tatse . They really need to fix this.

If not for the tatse I would have given it a much higher rating.
Which is a shame becaue the color is so great, works on all skin tones which is why I didn't rate a one which is what it deserves for this horrible taste.

on 5/4/2011 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This was a very natural color on my lips. As many have said, MLBB. I actually got this color as a sample a few years ago and loved it. I plan on repurchasing a tube when I get the chance to. I don't remember the scent/taste of it so we'll see! Usually that doesn't bother me.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this, I love when lipsticks are scented. It is smooth and doesnt dry your lips out.

***edit......horrible taste of rubbing alcohol!

on 4/25/2011 7:33:00 PM

I really love the color of this one. I haven't noticed any bad smell or taste with it, but I don't have a sensitive sense of smell or taste. Very smooth going on, great staying power and a beautiful shade that looks very dark in the package, but goes on quite light. I don't care for the sword thing on the end of the packaging, but love the purple decor!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

i absolutely love sellout. this is the like my lips, just better colour for me. its an everday colour and it does have the horrible taste but ive got used to it by now, so i dont mind anymore.