Vidal Sassoon Answers Gold Ceramic Straightener for Fine Hair

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like another user, I recently cut my hair into a short bob style, and needed to replace my circa 2000-2001 straightener. I already have straight hair, but i need to curl my ends under. after trying a few other flat irons with no satisfaction, I came across this one. Bought for $14.99 @ TJMaxx.

Pros:
- Floating plates come together evenly. no snags. no dragging.
- the groves plastic on the handle, behind the plates, helps comb hair when curling with the straightener. I don't kno if this is intentional or not...
- heats up fast, n keeps it's heat. styles beautifully n quickly
- cheap! looks pretty

Cons:
- no temperture setting (just low, high, medium and everything in between)

For $15 I'm VERY pleased.

Well I went out on a whim to buy this since I could only find one review about this, which was on this site. I have straight/fine hair to begin with, but I've been using straighteners to de-poof it and give my hair a sleeker look. First day I had it, I put it on the low setting, but it didn't do much. 2nd day I pumped up to the medium setting which had better results, but nothing spectacular or impressive. I decided to give it one more shot today, my hair looks kinda fried. It does make my hair feel really soft, but doesn't tame fly aways (actually it seems to make them worse), and doesn't get rid of hair tie marks. I like how it doesn't pull my hair like my old straightener, but a straightener thats 5 or 10 dollars cheaper will give you the same results....maybe even better. If you have curly hair, I highly doubt it will straighten it since my already pretty straight hair, doesn't get pin straight with this. I think I'm going to take it back (if they let me) and just get something else.
----Update----: So I took it back and exchanged it for the coarse hair one (I got that one just because it has solid ceramic plates) and wow does it make the fine hair one seem super fabulous. I guess I had way to high of expectations for the fine hair one. But since I tried one with non floating plates, I totally changed my mind about the fine hair one. The fine hair one doesnt pull your hair which is really really nice, but the coarse hair one really rips at your hair and its kind of painful. I'm going to revert back to the fine hair one because it does a pretty good job for a cheap straightener when I put it on the highest setting.

1-inch Nano Gold Ceramic Straightener with Floating Plates for Fine Hair

"Designed specifically for fine hair. The nano gold ceramic surface is an ideal conductor of direct heat. The floating plates hold hair securely without gaps or dragging for easy styling. Model features salon performance, high heat levels, 3-second heat up, multiple heat settings, instant heat recovery, and auto shut-off. 2 year limited warranty."

I recently cut my hair into a shoulder grazing bob and needed to replace my $12 kiddie/ high school Conair 2" straightener. I have fine *mostly* straight hair (with weird waves here and there), and decided this one looked to me.

So far I'm pleased with this straightener. It does what it's supposed and doesn't put/snag my hair like my old crappy version. But I have a few problem waves that I have to go over a few times on the high heat setting to get really straight, so this is probably a tool for girls like me who have fine mostly straight hair and are just de-poofing and adding sleekness to their hair. So far I haven't noticed any damage to my hair but I only straighten my hair a few times a week because it last for 3 days if I do a good job.

That said I've been researching straighteners and am thinking about investing in a high quality one in the future (you know with actual temperatures instead of just low-high type settings) , so if this Sassoon one breaks I won't be repurchasing.

Popular Hair Styling Tools