Laura Mercier Eye Colour

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Laura Mercier Eye Colour

3.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These come in luster, sateen and matte. Only the matte have enough pigment to really use. Plum Smoke is good for the crease, but there are not enough colors in the matte collection and they are either dark or really light but not midtone like the Plum Smoke. Nothing special.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Laura Mercier's eyeshadows are just generally really nice. They come in a lot of different colors, and also in shimmer and matte textures. They're highly pigmented, buildable, and easy to work with. I've never had a problem with lasting power or creasing. The colors combine together really nicely to create a lot of different looks.
They are best applied with makeup brushes, of which LM's got a great line, but any good brushes will do fine.

on 7/19/2007 7:36:00 PM

These are some of the best eye shadows I've ever used and I've used a lot of different brands! They're very finely milled so they go on like a dream. Using the proper LM brush also makes a huge difference. Hate the initial expense, but love the look and tend to use it every day thereafter. My HG that I use daily is Bordeaux, which isn't listed on MUA individually for some reason. It's a greyish-brownish medium purple, the perfect neutral for the crease of a green-eyed girl. Makes my eyes pop! Try the ponytail brush to apply in the crease -- Magic!

on 4/14/2004 3:09:00 PM

Tried only one - pewter. And I could NOT for the life of me get it to last. It seemed to flake and disapear within 4 hours of my putting it on (and I used a base - do I really need to use a translucent powder over my eyeshadows as another reviewer does?). I thought the quality seemed pretty poor given the price and returned it. Also, I didn't like the packaging which was cheezy. I think these shadows, based on my experience with pewter, are being over-rated here. It's back to Bobbi B for me.